BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

Because I don't want to offend anyone when referring to a group of non-white people.

I was taught to use POC

Now I'm being told POC is offensive.

Because I read it in this thread?

I didn't challenge only black people? You're drawing conclusions?

It isn't difficult to understand.

Using POC instead of black to take away from narrow issues addressing black people is offensive.

Hoollllllllllllllllllll up. DWalk isn't black!@#!@#!@!#???
Why did he always speak like he had some type of authority to speak about racial issues as it pertains to black people?

Yo if you're white and don't think what comes out of a certain leaders mouth is downright racist, just shut the flying **** up and let black people educate you.

I am black. What are you talking about?

Dwalk or Delk also capes for Republican Racist and Pedo Roy Moore.

1588962879313.gif

Because I don't want to offend anyone when referring to a group of non-white people.

I was taught to use POC

Now I'm being told POC is offensive.

Because I read it in this thread?

I didn't challenge only black people? You're drawing conclusions?

Ah.

Well in that case it's best to ask people's names if individuals but anything other than that is a case by case basis.

POC is offensive depending on how its used.

I guess the intent is what makes it offensive - not necessarily the term itself.

P Present was dead on. Someone else on here said it beautifully, we trying to run inside to occupy a burning building. We’re unwanted guests who were forced to come here to labor. We need to stop asking to be a part of this and break off on our own.
Unfortunately racists whites would never allow us to live in peace even if we did that. They’d lie and instigate a war to try and murder us and steal our land and resources like they been doing. We can’t have peace with these people on the planet we have to eliminate them. That’s the only way I see peace being a real thing unfortunately. So there will never be peace.
It's happening much much much slower than any of us here would like but a lot of these racist white people are starting to die off. There's still some young ones, mostly in the rural areas, but the % is far smaller than it was say 40 years ago. I firmly believe things will get better with time. I just wish we could press fast forward though. I get it if you say "**** this, I'm tired of waiting." too.

I guess the intent is what makes it offensive - not necessarily the term itself
There are people who have openly expressed that this isn't true, that intent doesn't matter. There are people who have expressed that things like using POC is offensive and dismissive EVERY time, intent be damned.

And no one checks them. No one says 'Well, wait...'

Actually, I've seen people praised and followed for declaring that intent doesn't matter and that failing to get in line is both oppressive and intentionally degrading to the black experience, again, intent be damned.

Lemme tell white people something. It’s ok to say black. Poc, African American all that bs you gonna sound racist to me.
I'm probably showing my whiteness here but I'll be honest in saying that I'd never stopped to think about the difference in Black and AA until I read an article talking about how AA isn't inclusive of people int he Caribbean. The two were interchangeable to me for the longest time. If I have to use one now, I'll use black, but I really just try to avoid using race in general.

Lemme tell white people something. It’s ok to say black. Poc, African American all that bs you gonna sound racist to me.
There was a time when that wasn't ok (saying 'black'), when 'African American' sounded racist.

Me, personally, when I hear a white person speak hatefully of a minority group, that sounds racist to me. And using the wrong label according to what has been deemed appropriate or inappropriate at the time, that itself doesn't sound racist to me.

Not just not........but HELL NO!!

You keep peddling that same nonsense. Are YOU black is a better question. Mine doesn't wash off and I've had to live as a black man, a 6'2 black man, in America, all my life.

Cut the noise just because you disagree with my politics.

IMG_9499.jpg

I'm probably showing my whiteness here but I'll be honest in saying that I'd never stopped to think about the difference in Black and AA until I read an article talking about how AA isn't inclusive of people int he Caribbean. The two were interchangeable to me for the longest time. If I have to use one now, I'll use black, but I really just try to avoid using race in general.

I can only speak for myself of course but I’m never gonna give anyone friction for saying black. It’s not something you should be afraid to say. Do be cautious of using it in the proper context of course.

There are people who have openly expressed that this isn't true, that intent doesn't matter. There are people who have expressed that things like using POC is offensive and dismissive EVERY time, intent be damned.

Actually, I've seen people praised and followed for declaring that intent doesn't matter and that failing to get in line is both oppressive and intentionally degrading to the black experience, again, intent be damned.

These folks wouldn't happen to refer to themselves as Woke or Hotep would they?

Of course intent matters.

WTF?

How do these same folks square the whole N-word thing then?

I can only speak for myself of course but I’m never gonna give anyone friction for saying black. It’s not something you should be afraid to say. Do be cautious of using it in the proper context of course.
I just try to avoid describing someone by using their race. Or using any generalizations based on race. Not bc I'm afraid of offending someone, but just bc that really shouldn't be something that needs to be pointed out.

There was a time when that wasn't ok (saying 'black'), when 'African American' sounded racist.

Me, personally, when I hear a white person speak hatefully of a minority group, that sounds racist to me. And using the wrong label according to what has been deemed appropriate or inappropriate at the time, that itself doesn't sound racist to me.
i agree that racist is racist lol. That said, the label African American ain’t even accurate. Why can’t we just be Americans? If Africa is the cradle of human beings then we all African Americans. I’m good with black. **** Jesse Jackson lol

These folks wouldn't happen to refer to themselves as Woke or Hotep would they?

Of course intent matters.
I have no idea.

KHUFU KHUFU , DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , dwalk31 dwalk31 , marikomorose marikomorose , do you refer to yourself as Woke or Hotep?

Or have I misunderstood something and you recognize that intent matters, that simply using the term POC is not always offensive, dismissive, and ignorant?

I have no idea.

KHUFU KHUFU , DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , dwalk31 dwalk31 , marikomorose marikomorose , do you refer to yourself as Woke or Hotep?

Or have I misunderstood something and you recognize that intent matters, that simply using the term is not always offensive, dismissive, and ignorant?
I never use either one of those words. :lol:

I HATE the word "African-AMerican." It sounds like someone is FORCING themselves to NOT say the wrong thing.

I say Black.
I want to be called BLACK.

Cops at the scene of the Georgia shooting had believed they had probable cause to make arrests, Glynn County Commissioner Peter Murphy told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution — but were told to stand down by the DA’s office.

“They spoke to an assistant, who relayed their request to [Glynn County District Attorney] Jackie Johnson,” Murphy told the paper of the cops at the scene.

“They were told not to make the arrest.”
Naa jobs deserve to be lost over this man...

They won't of course but that's sickening :smh:

Ahmaud should've been 26 today, Rest In Power to him |l

Back
Top Bottom