Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

falling in line with what?
Falling in line with whatever stereotype or bias that the media puts out there..All becuase they put lightskin women on a pedestal doesnt meanthat a darkskin woman has to fall back and feel inferior to anyone..Which many girls do..always comparing themselves to chicks based on skin tone, itsdisgusting. The worst one is when they ask, "Oh so you like them lightskin chicks huh?
grin.gif
?
eyes.gif
?".....
smh.gif

To be fair dark skinned women do have an inferiority complex.
and light skinned women walk around with an unwarranted air because of how gassed they are on a regular basisjust because of the tone of their skin . whats your point ?

to say that you feel as if light skinned black girls are more attractive than dark skinned is one thing , but to try and claimthat on group has better attitudes than another is a joke

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by cycopth

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

"Preference" or whatever you wanna call it ain't coming from a good place necessarily. Just remember that.

Preference is more about conditioning than choice when it comes to these matters. Beauty is beauty regardless of whatever constructions you've bought into (but still manage to deny in some way, shape or form).

I feel pity for some dudes on here trying to cop out with the "preference" excuse as if they hold some key to judge who's more attractive more than any other person. Bad enough there's a sizeable population of misogynists on NT who take any opportunity to bad mouth women. Why compound it with the negative feelings you have about your own race? That's no good.

"preference" is just a prejudice mask
Stop reaching.

People probably have been "conditioned" to like women with more white features due to media bias, etc. but at the end of the day everyone has their own preferences- short, tall, skinny, thick, etc. Skin tone is not magically exempt from this.

no I prefer ds girls over red/ls (whatever girls), cause I'm prejudice. the only color i really business with is pink, i'll kill any girl that wannagimmie. i was referring to myself with that comment i made, wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

and u know preference wasn't referring to short, tall, skinny, thick, so i don't know where u going with that.

"conditioned" is brainwashed no (juss asking)

seriously , preferring one skin tone over another is NOT necessarily prejudice . there are so many diff shades of people inthe world , its impossible to find ALL shades equally attractive

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

I like a mix I don't care. I would take a Dark Chick with asian eyes, white nose, and nappy hair anyday of the week
pimp.gif

Is it me or does this sound like a horrible combo?

Originally Posted by Prez T

seriously , preferring one skin tone over another is NOT necessarily prejudice . there are so many diff shades of people in the world , its impossible to find ALL shades equally attractive

truth. i dont think thats what most people problem is....at least not mine. i just dont like how one can speak on personality or say one is uglier or betterlooking because of skin tone. which ever you like light or dark do your thing but you dont have to degrade or disrespect one in the process.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Falling in line with whatever stereotype or bias that the media puts out there..All becuase they put lightskin women on a pedestal doesnt mean that a darkskin woman has to fall back and feel inferior to anyone..Which many girls do..always comparing themselves to chicks based on skin tone, its disgusting. The worst one is when they ask, "Oh so you like them lightskin chicks huh?
grin.gif
?
eyes.gif
?".....
smh.gif

trust it's not just them falling in line with what they see on tv. You have people telling them to their face they "pretty for a darkskin girl"which is not a compliment by the way. When they are little telling them to get outthe sun before they get darker and of course the jokes growing up. Luckily Ipersonally haven't experienced most of this except the pretty for a darkskin I girl, but I know it's something alot of females and males go through. Icould go on and on but I'm on my phone.

seriously , preferring one skin tone over another is NOT necessarily prejudice . there are so many diff shades of people in the world , its impossible to find ALL shades equally attractive

and oh when i say you i dont mean you. just speaking about people in general.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im speakin from experience....most black women on average vs dominicans or any other mixed race you wanna throw in da mix look overall betta.

don't act like this is a new phenomenon
laugh.gif

let's not get it twisted, u can find some dime piece black women...but how common is that compared to finding a dime piece dominican, puertorican, brazilian, coloumbian, etc.
You need to stay in your lane and go back to the music forum. Ever since you came back you been on a streak with ridiculous comments that addnothing to the thread.

Originally Posted by selfmadepimp

and oh when i say you i dont mean you. just speaking about people in general.

laugh.gif
ye , i got u

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Falling in line with whatever stereotype or bias that the media puts out there..All becuase they put lightskin women on a pedestal doesnt mean that a darkskin woman has to fall back and feel inferior to anyone..Which many girls do..always comparing themselves to chicks based on skin tone, its disgusting. The worst one is when they ask, "Oh so you like them lightskin chicks huh?
grin.gif
?
eyes.gif
?".....
smh.gif

trust it's not just them falling in line with what they see on tv. You have people telling them to their face they "pretty for a darkskin girl" which is not a compliment by the way. When they are little telling them to get outthe sun before they get darker and of course the jokes growing up. Luckily I personally haven't experienced most of this except the pretty for a darkskin I girl, but I know it's something alot of females and males go through. I could go on and on but I'm on my phone.

Sweetheart, I'm darkskin too! I've had to deal with the jokes and all that too!

Nothing should ever detur you from doing you or being proud of who you are, especially words.. and a lot of the women take words to heart and they need tobrush that stuff off and keep the heads high..that "pretty for a darkskin girl" thing is ridiculous and people who say that need to start gettin putin their place. seriously.

But you already know women are judged much more harshly on their looks than men. So just being a female we're gonna have some insecurity and want to beconsidered what is beautiful plus being DS and always hearing/seeing that is not typically beautiful doesn't help. I agree gotta just say $%+* it at somepoint but it's hard for some when this always in your face.

its all about balance. people prefer light skin blacks and tanned whites over dark skinned blacks and pale whites.

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

its all about balance. people prefer light skin blacks and tanned whites over dark skinned blacks and pale whites.
wow , very perceptive . never thought of it in those terms . it def seems that the closer you get to the extremesof the 'binary' the less attractive people find them

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Its crazy that this topic is so regular when in the end its all pink
Everything isn't about sex all the time .
indifferent.gif

NTers are so immature sometimes man .
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Its crazy that this topic is so regular when in the end its all pink
Everything isn't about sex all the time .
indifferent.gif

NTers are so immature sometimes man .
grin.gif

we are guys and indeed it is all pink buuurrrrrrrrr
pimp.gif
devil.gif

9 times out of 10, a light skinned shorty will always be gawked at before a dark skinned shorty. Why? Maybe it's because society has brainwashed us tothink a tanned/olive complexion is the definition of sexy.
laugh.gif

But yeah....I love me some light skinned women, and I'm light skinned myself.
pimp.gif

This thread makes me feel so good and sad because alot of you seem to leave alone
smokin.gif
/use as jumpoffs
indifferent.gif
Darkskinned women

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

wow , very perceptive . never thought of it in those terms . it def seems that the closer you get to the extremes of the 'binary' the less attractive people find them
Extremes are rarely favored, generally speaking. bell curves and all that

Originally Posted by selfmadepimp

truth. i dont think thats what most people problem is....at least not mine. i just dont like how one can speak on personality or say one is uglier or better looking because of skin tone. which ever you like light or dark do your thing but you dont have to degrade or disrespect one in the process.

thank you and that i did not do anywhere in this thread

that wanna be Goon Ravage need to fall back.

Back
Top Bottom