Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

"Preference" or whatever you wanna call it ain't coming from a good place necessarily. Just remember that.

Preference is more about conditioning than choice when it comes to these matters. Beauty is beauty regardless of whatever constructions you've bought into(but still manage to deny in some way, shape or form).

I feel pity for some dudes on here trying to cop out with the "preference" excuse as if they hold some key to judge who's more attractive thanany other person. Bad enough there's a sizable population of misogynists on NT who take any opportunity to bad mouth women. Why compound it with thenegative feelings you have about your own race? That's no good.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

"Preference" or whatever you wanna call it ain't coming from a good place necessarily. Just remember that.

Preference is more about conditioning than choice when it comes to these matters. Beauty is beauty regardless of whatever constructions you've bought into (but still manage to deny in some way, shape or form).

I feel pity for some dudes on here trying to cop out with the "preference" excuse as if they hold some key to judge who's more attractive more than any other person. Bad enough there's a sizeable population of misogynists on NT who take any opportunity to bad mouth women. Why compound it with the negative feelings you have about your own race? That's no good.

"preference" is just a prejudice mask

its an AA issue and if you're not AA you can't really speak on it
laugh.gif
because you don't know what's going on in our community...it is what itis....

n this is to the idiot who quoted me...on my phone

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

its an AA issue and if you're not AA you can't really speak on it
laugh.gif
because you don't know what's going on in our community...it is what it is....

n this is to the idiot who quoted me...on my phone
I'm sorry but it's not just an African American issue.
The same thing happens with Filipinos where the lighter ones are more favored.
My friend is Filipino(dark) and one of her aunts told her she would be prettier if she was lighter.
The same with Indians.

Well to start it off im asian, but i prefer darker skinned asian chicks, so im kind of the opposite.
I been startin to see it alot in black women too, as long as they look good, know how to dress, personality and everything is on point...color tones dontmatter.

Originally Posted by cycopth

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Preference is more about conditioning than choice when it comes to these matters. Beauty is beauty regardless of whatever constructions you've bought into (but still manage to deny in some way, shape or form).

I feel pity for some dudes on here trying to cop out with the "preference" excuse as if they hold some key to judge who's more attractive more than any other person. Bad enough there's a sizeable population of misogynists on NT who take any opportunity to bad mouth women. Why compound it with the negative feelings you have about your own race? That's no good.

"preference" is just a prejudice mask
Stop reaching.

People probably have been "conditioned" to like women with more white features due to media bias, etc. but at the end of the day everyone has theirown preferences- short, tall, skinny, thick, etc. Skin tone is not magically exempt from this.

but you can prefer tall chicks w/o saying stuff like short chicks are all crazy and have low self estee cuz they are short...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

but you can prefer tall chicks w/o saying stuff like short chicks are all crazy and have low self estee cuz they are short...
yeah of course, all that nonsense about dark-skinned girls ____ etc. is childish

"im not ninjahood dude"
laugh.gif
...ya lil scary self lol...post in the music section? I post in the s&t and gen more then there

and to the filipino, didn't know yall had those issues I was just directing my comments to the non blacks who think they know why this issue exist in ourcommunity...thats all...its really a minority issue because I think some latin nations face this...so really my comment was aimed at the majority race

laugh.gif
@ racists always reaching for reasoning that boils down to slavementalities and the such. It could never be because there are more pretty lightskin joints walking around. It always has to be that black men are brainwashed.Black men gettin what they want from any type of girl, dont be mad we aint saving ourselves for a darkskinned woman to come around that we like (Shunning anygirl that has what we lookin for because of her skin tone is prejudice isnt it???
grin.gif
tongue.gif
).. Black women need to stop the bs and get theirs cuzaint nobody waitin for NOTHING..
laugh.gif

Lol "prejudice mask"

Lol yea ok......preference is something some folks like RavageBX Goonie just don't understand. No point in tryna debate anymore.

Serious REACH

Lightskinned girls stay gassed and have a high and mighty attitude, even tho i'm married to one, this is what i see DAILY.

IMO ds turn me off for some reason
tired.gif
, been like this all my life.

pretty ds girls do need to get more light tho. But its pretty rare to see a pretty ds girl
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

laugh.gif
@ racists always reaching for reasoning that boils down to slave mentalities and the such. It could never be because there are more pretty lightskin joints walking around. It always has to be that black men are brainwashed. Black men gettin what they want from any type of girl, dont be mad we aint saving ourselves for a darkskinned woman to come around that we like (Shunning any girl that has what we lookin for because of her skin tone is prejudice isnt it???
grin.gif
tongue.gif
).. Black women need to stop the bs and get theirs cuz aint nobody waitin for NOTHING..
laugh.gif

did you even read anything in here?

I didnt read about 12 of the 14 pages...I just made a statement based on where NT always takes these kind of topics

No one said anythig about you waiting for any type of chick. Its pretty uneducated and insensitive of you to tell black women to just stop the bs as if this issomething they created, and lets not front like some of these people are a lil brainwashed.

laugh.gif
@ racists always reaching for reasoning that boils down to slave mentalities and the such. It could never be because there are more pretty lightskin joints walking around. It always has to be that black men are brainwashed. Black men gettin what they want from any type of girl, dont be mad we aint saving ourselves for a darkskinned woman to come around that we like (Shunning any girl that has what we lookin for because of her skin tone is prejudice isnt it???
grin.gif
tongue.gif
).. Black women need to stop the bs and get theirs cuz aint nobody waitin for NOTHING..
laugh.gif

To be fair dark skinned women do have an inferiority complex.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

alot of them do...but why? its not something they did to themselves...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

laugh.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

alot of them do...but why? its not something they did to themselves...

All I am saying is that if you are gonna bash those who give DS women a bad name, you have to blame the DS women for falling in line. Blame is 50 50.

No one said anythig about you waiting for any type of chick. Its pretty uneducated and insensitive of you to tell black women to just stop the bs as if this is something they created, and lets not front like some of these people are a lil brainwashed.
I understand where youre coming from. In NYC pretty lightskin chicks (black/hispanic) outnumber every other type of pretty chick, ESPECIALLYpretty darkskin women. Because of this most dudes dont know any better..I'm telling you, it is RARE to run into a darkskinned dime...yea u might see themin pictures on the internet or in whatever city u live in but thats just not the case in NYC..In reality its the men who are at a disadvantage because I finddarkskinned women to be so loyal and loving while these lightskin chicks always act so high and mighty like everyone should bow at their feet..But this is whatwe have to deal with because thats just what we have in the city..I've seen and heard dark skinned females talking about looking for black men and waitingfor one to come into their lives and I just think its about time for them to let go of that hurt that comes with not getting what you want and embrace what youneed, which is love no matter what his skin color is. I really believe that.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Lol "prejudice mask"

Lol yea ok......preference is something some folks like RavageBX Goonie just don't understand. No point in tryna debate anymore.

Serious REACH
Liar or hypocrate? You never answered.

Back
Top Bottom