Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

I'm a light skin brother

I love dark milk chocolate chicks(Bria myles), but at the same time a bad redbone just do something to me
smh.gif

I say that it is just ignorance manifested through the media. The "ideal" beauty is white and skinny with long hair. Unfortunately, black women arealso judged by those standards, so the lighter they are, the more they are considered beautiful. The days of slavery might have passed, but our collectivemindset has not.

There are beautiful women of all shades, but they are not pumped by the media. I know some of you will say stop blaming the media, but it is that industry thatreally decides who is beautiful and who is "it." Take for example the dark skinned shorty from Pharrell's "Frontin" video (she wasfirst on my mind). That girl was gorgeous, but everyone focused on Lauren. Throw in shorty from Yung Berg video "the business" (just came on).

I truly believe tha beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I feel that darkskinned women are given a bum rap. I find it amusing that so many women (mostlywhite) flock to beaches and tanning machines to become darker, but the women that are born with it are treated with so much scorn.

Its not just women that get it either. I'm dark skinned and find that mostly light skinned women are attracted to me. I've had my share of dark skinnedwomen, but my wifey is a redbone. I guess its a thing of opposites attract, but light skinned women do get it easier IMO.

ng the media, but it is that industry that really decides who is beautiful and who it "it." Take for example the dark skinned shorty fromPharrell's "Frontin" video (she was first on my mind). That girl was gorgeous I'm so in love with her. She has one of the prettiest smilesI've ever seen.

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Originally Posted by ninjahood

They usually look betta......not too many extra black girls that look real good.

Why them morena DR chicks be frontin...they Bad word to 1987.
devil.gif

They probably hate that they black. Dominicans, Ricans and a whole host of Brazilians ashamed of their African heritage.

Nah when I was @ VSU there was this bad broad...had the mean Africa Tan.......nice and slim.......fatty....only messed with lightskin dudes...boy was Ihatin...at parties I made sure to cop my feels for the mental rolodex for asexual love making later.

Light skinned girls get so much more preference simply because in the black community, there is a psychological appreciation for anything similar to the"master". In other words, psychologically, we still harbor a slave mentality.

Light skinned black women are the closest thing to having a "white women". That's why many black men fiend for the yellow and red bones. Ilearned some few years ago that, one of the main reasons why black men love hispanic/latin women (central and southern American + the Islands) stems from thefact that, this particular group of women often have the build (body wise) of black women (booty, thickness), but additionally, they have the skin of whitewomen, or as close to that complexion than any black women can get. So for many black men, a thick bootylicious latin chick is often appreciated more than ablack or white women simply because, said latin chick is a synergy of the desirable physical qualities.

With that said, NOT all black men are biased when it comes to black women. Some, myself included, actually factor in certain additional attributes than"shade" alone. Personally speaking, PERSONALITY is a very very very big thing on my list. Interestingly enough, many of the light skinned femalesi've encountered have either juvenile or nonexistant personalities simply because, I surmise, they're use to getting by on their looks and having mostguys drool over them.

Lastly, understand that we live in a "white" country. Some may argue that the U.S of A is a melting pot whose product is cultural diversity, but makeno mistake about it, "White" is at the top of the social hierarchy in America. With that said, and as previously mentioned, anything close to the"standard", the "white-ideal", will be appreciated more. In the black community--with regards to skin shade--light skinned men and womenare closest to the ideal, hence why they get more preference over a relatively darker complexioned black man and woman.

Guys have it easier...... girls are not as hung up on how we look as we are. I guess im worried about the extra prejudice my daughter or niece might have toendure...... and if they are dark they would stand out even more in the black community that is becoming slowly but surely tan..................

thank you SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Nah when I was @ VSU there was this bad broad...had the mean Africa Tan.......nice and slim.......fatty....only messed with lightskin dudes...boy was I hatin...at parties I made sure to cop my feels for the mental rolodex for asexual love making later.
A. What's VSU?

B.
laugh.gif

I mean, it's not like anybody said dark girls can't be cute.

It's just that on average, light skinned girls look better.

If somebody expected music videos to be sensitive to dark girls feelings, then
laugh.gif

i can understand the "good hair" thing because black hair isnt the most manageable hair in the world. I understand saying i want, or i want my WIFEto have wavy/straight hair because its more manageble and/or my kids hair would be more manageable, but your girl? How would her hair look better?

And for all you people saying they look better, what makes them look better..... their lightskin?

if i had a girl friend *sigh* it would have to be light skinned (yes i am black, im pretty light skinned myself) bur anyways i just cant see myself with a darkchick...maybe thoughts of drama ect. -_-

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

i can understand the "good hair" thing because black hair isnt the most manageable hair in the world. I understand saying i want, or i want my WIFE to have wavy/straight hair because its more manageble and/or my kids hair would be more manageable, but your girl? How would her hair look better?

And for all you people saying they look better, what makes them look better..... their lightskin?

laugh.gif

FYI, since someone asked ethnic background

Afro-Cuban/Guyanese and Trinidadian (West Indian).

Now when I chase girls, I usually mess with white women. When I was in High School, black women would only talk to me because I had good hair. Do Idiscriminate based on skin color? Hell no. I don't care if you're crystal clear, if you have a good personality and are pretty you can be my mainsqueeze.

Back
Top Bottom