Black Men- Its 2009, why do lightskinned girls get so much preference?

oh and btw if i had a choice it would be hispanic maybe white...but i would settle for a light skinned black girl =)

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

if i had a girl friend *sigh* it would have to be light skinned (yes i am black, im pretty light skinned myself) bur anyways i just cant see myself with a dark chick...maybe thoughts of drama ect. -_-

Dude skin complexion has nothing to do with drama
smh.gif
My ideal women is short with dark skin that's how I want my wife to look And also light skin girls arehella stuck up and octaned up, A homie of mine won't date a light skin girl cause everybody want one and some of their attitudes
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

oh and btw if i had a choice it would be hispanic maybe white...but i would settle for a light skinned black girl =)

eyes.gif
settle, and
laugh.gif
at the idea of dark skin equating to more drama.

Some hispanic, maybe white girl is really going to be getting a winner in you

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I mean, it's not like anybody said dark girls can't be cute.

It's just that on average, light skinned girls look better.

If somebody expected music videos to be sensitive to dark girls feelings, then
laugh.gif

But see, I don't really buy the-- "light skinned black girls look better" theory. I mean, in all honesty, if you wanna talk averages, then oddsare, you'll find just as many beautiful dark skin black women as you will light skinned. Hell, chances are, you'll probably find even more beautifuldark skinned women (and I use the term loosely to connote anything from "brown" skin, to "chocolate" skin, to "dark" skin) thanlight skin merely because in the black community, as a result of original ancestry, "chocolate" skin will always be the most prominent shade.

As someone already pointed out, "light skin looks better" simply because you've been duped by the media, and society in general, into thinkinganything light (non-white) is better until you reach the standard ideal, which is white. This is what's saddening.

Really think about it--after all, light skinned women are not biologically superior to their dark skinned counterparts. So why are they considered"better"? The answer to this question can be found by looking at the social and racial dynamics of this country; at the core of that dynamic, is thetruth that White is Right in America, so anything close to the White ideal, will be given privilege and preference...

The idea that there is even a such thing as good hair is funny to me. Its sad that we place alot of this on ourselves. All hair types are good. IMO you can domore with kinky hair. The options are almost endless when it comes to black hair as far as styling goes. We just need to take the market into our own hands andout of the Asians. They are making billions off black hair care and we aren't seeing anything. Madam C.J. Walker is probably rolling in her grave rightnow.

Honestly, it should just come down to personal preference, there's nothing wrong with that. To me, there's nothing more sexy than seeing a woman withsome nice smooth, dark skin...it just does something for me.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

They are making billions off black hair care and we aren't seeing anything. Madam C.J. Walker is probably rolling in her grave right now.
Can you elaborate on this and as to why you should see money off of hair products?

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I mean, it's not like anybody said dark girls can't be cute.

It's just that on average, light skinned girls look better.

If somebody expected music videos to be sensitive to dark girls feelings, then
laugh.gif

But see, I don't really buy the-- "light skinned black girls look better" theory. I mean, in all honesty, if you wanna talk averages, then odds are, you'll find just as many beautiful dark skin black women as you will light skinned. Hell, chances are, you'll probably find even more beautiful dark skinned women (and I use the term loosely to connote anything from "brown" skin, to "chocolate" skin, to "dark" skin) than light skin merely because in the black community, as a result of original ancestry, "chocolate" skin will always be the most prominent shade.

As someone already pointed out, "light skin looks better" simply because you've been duped by the media, and society in general, into thinking anything light (non-white) is better until you reach the standard ideal, which is white. This is what's saddening.

Really think about it--after all, light skinned women are not biologically superior to their dark skinned counterparts. So why are they considered "better"? The answer to this question can be found by looking at the social and racial dynamics of this country; at the core of that dynamic, is the truth that White is Right in America, so anything close to the White ideal, will be given privilege and preference...

Is this true in America though?

and
smh.gif
at these threads, what's the point? you find attractive who yo find attractive for whatever reason. you can't "enlighten" someone intoliking certain types of women.

Change of heart? How one of the main dudes in all the 'black girls are terrible I'd never be with one, white girls are great and this is why'threads all of a sudden turn into Al Sharpton the last few times I've seen him in these race threads.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

They are making billions off black hair care and we aren't seeing anything. Madam C.J. Walker is probably rolling in her grave right now.
Can you elaborate on this and as to why you should see money off of hair products?

Why shouldn't black people have a hold on a market that is for them? I'm not saying knock everyone out but wouldn't it make more sense for blackpeople to have a hold on a marktet that black people support. We spend more on hair products than anyone else. But Asians are taking over and pushing blackcompanies out by copying the product and then selling it in their stores. I understand thats how business works but we need to jump in also.

The idea that there is even a such thing as good hair is funny to me. Its sad that we place alot of this on ourselves. All hair types are good. IMO you can do more with kinky hair. The options are almost endless when it comes to black hair as far as styling goes. We just need to take the market into our own hands and out of the Asians. They are making billions off black hair care and we aren't seeing anything. Madam C.J. Walker is probably rolling in her grave right now.

Ok, the reason i said that is bc i grew up among black females, have a black girl friend and I assumed that good hair was hair that didnt break as often, breakcombs, grew faster and was easier to manage..... When someone says that good hair is "pretty wavy curly hair" I have an issue with that bc thatssaying that coarser hair isnt beautiful.

this is a horrible thread, beauty is all in the eye of the beholder, people will just like different attributes whether it's large breasts or large bootys,skin color is just another attribute that some people like and others don't. It's like jungle fever, some people just like it.

Originally Posted by infamousod

need some pics here.

btw if a girl is too white it's not good either. or maybe I'm just a sucker for Brazilian, Colombian and Cuban girls
The girl I'm talking to is Colombian, Brazilian, and Venezuelan.

But back to the topic, light-skinned girls look better. I like my girls with a little color but not too much.

Originally Posted by jno

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

cuz they look better
smh.gif
smh
i mean u can always post a pic and prove otherwise....but da common consensus is they usually aren't lookin better then a mixed broad at all.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Light skin gets preference because it is closer to white skin, which is a status symbol.
thats not really da case either...its more of gettin da thickness of black women..with da refineness, REAL long/good hair, and cute face of alight skinned chick.

you do know DS girls have REAL long hair also...has nothing to do with skin tone...

and you sayinig thickness of a black woman but ___ of a LS chicks as if the LS chick isn't black...

Sup. yall remember me?
laugh.gif

light skinned women just plain look better.

even the best looking black women are light skinned.

Back
Top Bottom