Black People Don't Tip Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir are lying. 

Link or no bueno información.. 

It was posted in another tipping thread. I'll search for it.

It stated that blacks generally tip more than 15% when leaving a tip. However, whites and other races tip at 15% or less.

I was not speaking on that majority of Africans American tipping on a whole. It only spoke on how much they tip

Last edited:
You sir are lying. 

Link or no bueno información.. 
It was posted in another tipping thread. I'll search for it.

It stated that blacks generally tip more than 15% when leaving a tip. However, whites and other races tip at 15% or less.

I was not speaking on that majority of Africans American tipping on a whole. It only spoke on how much they tip
And now I wait. 

I tip very well, when the service is up to par. But the problem is that people expect black people not to tip so you usually get "low/no tip service."  My girl and I went to dinner the day after Valentine's and the waitress end up sitting at our table venting, plus I got plenty free drinks, so she got blessed, lol! 

Get mad all you want but... when I bussed tables my sophomore year of high school... average tip from a "black table" was maybe 10% where as average tip from a "white table" was 25%. Now of course there are certain people of all races who don't tip, but from personal experience (both having worked in a restaurant, and from going out to eat with black friends) I'd say it's much more common in black culture.

Friend of mine is a waitress at Red Robin. She was waiting on a table with all black people and they racked up like a $80.21 bill and were constantly having her run to the back to get free fry refills. They left her $81... A 79 cent tip... Not even 1%. She came to the bar I was at right afterwards and got absolutely hammered. She was so furious. :lol:

I cosign on the not wanting to tip if there's a delivery charge. I'll normally just throw the driver like a dollar if that's the case. And I'd say my average is 20%, 25% if it's stellar and 15% if it's poor. But I always get pissed when they add the gratuity on for me and I won't throw anything extra in.

I tip very well, when the service is up to par. But the problem is that people expect black people not to tip so you usually get "low/no tip service." My girl and I went to dinner the day after Valentine's and the waitress end up sitting at our table venting, plus I got plenty free drinks, so she got blessed, lol! 

I could see that contributing to the stereotype. Might be a self fulfilling prophecy.

My issue is, if you aren't going to tip, or you are going to find any little excuse that you can to not tip the server, then stay your petty broke behind at home and cook or call in an order. Likewise, if you aren't going to tip the delivery driver, then go pick up the food in your own raggedy car.

You want tips be a skripper.

Aint nobody paying extra for no food
glasses.gif
monta-ellis-handshake-o.gif

ive been a server and a bartender for the past four years and ive learned this about tipping 

for every bad tip you get, there will always be that table tips big. so when i get a bad/no tip, i just take better care of every one else and eventually that big tip makes up for the cheapskates 

Im black. I tip at least 20% depending on service. When I get crappy service I have no gripes about leaving 2 bucks...

:lol: at making a documentary on this topic, and the creative title, "Black People Don't Tip!" Thatswasup
They should do a documentary on why people choose service jobs where their income is based on tips in the first place.
And the misdirected anger/payback towards consumers while your employer is the one getting over paying you 2 dollars.

Last edited:
Lmfao this is a funny topic cuz no matter what race or religion their will always be a bad few apples that spoil the bunch...I used to wait and it's just the nature of the game I think it depends we're u work and the clientele that come in frequently

I could see that contributing to the stereotype. Might be a self fulfilling prophecy.

My issue is, if you aren't going to tip, or you are going to find any little excuse that you can to not tip the server, then stay your petty broke behind at home and cook or call in an order. Likewise, if you aren't going to tip the delivery driver, then go pick up the food in your own raggedy car.
I get your point but tip are based on the quality of service, the minimum is a given but a real tip is based on much more!

It's stupid to say " black people don't tip" how they just going to lump all black people together
Sum tip and sum do not, just like any race.

I'm black.

Was raised to tip.

Standard is 15-18%. 10% if poor service. 0% if poor and rude (has happened only a few times). Service would have to be amazing to get more than 18%.

I always tip the delivery guys if they are on time (some leeway). Not their fault there's a delivery charge

I get your point but tip are based on the quality of service, the minimum is a given but a real tip is based on much more!

When they say don't tip, they mean leaving no tip, or leaving less than 15%.

They should do a documentary on why people choose service jobs where their income is based on tips in the first place.

They should do a documentary on why broke busters feel they have a right to eat out in a dining establishment, when they should have stayed home in their dingy apartment and eaten Ramen Noodles.

Last edited:
^smh the ignorance.

in before datznasty...

damn it.

I tip. Made some great relationships with servers when I was in DTLA.

Nothing like walking into an establishment and the server has my drink ready before I order :pimp:

Last edited:
They should do a documentary on why broke busters feel they have a right to eat out in a dining establishment, when they should have stayed home in their dingy apartment and eaten Ramen Noodles.
They should do a documentary explaining that people who pay for a meal at a dining establishment and dont feel the need to reach back in their pockets because the said establishment wants to save on payroll taxes by not paying their employees, isnt a "broke buster" Because the paid meal is usually 3 times the tip, you see.

They should do a documentary explaining that people who pay for a meal at a dining establishment and dont feel the need to reach back in their pockets because the said establishment wants to save on payroll taxes by not paying their employees, isnt a "broke buster" Because the paid meal is usually 3 times the tip, you see.

What do you care what your server is getting paid? Its none of your business. You tip according to service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom