Black People Don't Tip Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tip when I can.

If I worked a job where it required tips I still wouldn't get mad if I didn't get tipped though. :lol:

They should do a documentary on why broke busters feel they have a right to eat out in a dining establishment, when they should have stayed home in their dingy apartment and eaten Ramen Noodles.
They should do a documentary explaining that people who pay for a meal at a dining establishment and dont feel the need to reach back in their pockets because the said establishment wants to save on payroll taxes by not paying their employees, isnt a "broke buster" Because the paid meal is usually 3 times the tip, you see.

Nah, that's not the point. All restaurants have carry out meals you can call in and come pick up. If you sit in there and receive even somewhat decent service (someone bringing you food and drinks and refilling those drinks, etc.) then you are expected to leave a gratuity. That's why it is a restaurant and not the grocery store or Mcdonalds. If you receive decent sevice and don't leave a tip, then you are most certainly a certified broke buster.

Last edited:
It has to do with what kind of parents you had, and how they raised you. It's the honest truth.

Some kids think it's cool to talk with their mouth full, to drink from the jugs, etc ... and they stay stubborn in their ways cause it's too late to teach them.

99% positive the people proud of not tipping either had very little parental guidance, their parents never took them out to eat in an establishment bigger than red lobster, or simply never tipped themselves.

No offense to anyone, but I work as a valet and I'd say out of 20 black people that valet maybe 2 or 3 of them will tip me. But as stated, not tipping can come from any race I'd even say its the same of Mexican/Hispanic people. 

Didn't know ya'll were suppose to be tipped. The more you know.

I don't use valet, so I guess that makes sense why I wouldn't know. lol

I tip bartenders very well cause I always give a dollar no matter what the drink costs. If its a 5 dollar beer I'll pay 1 dollar, depending on how many drinks I get it should be more than a substantial tip. If I get multiple drinks on the tab, I'll usually give 15-20% on it.

This is why I'm broke. :smh: But they end up making me stronger drinks that way and giving me free drinks. :smokin

Last edited:
It has to do with what kind of parents you had, and how they raised you. It's the honest truth.

Some kids think it's cool to talk with their mouth full, to drink from the jugs, etc ... and they stay stubborn in their ways cause it's too late to teach them.

99% positive the people proud of not tipping either had very little parental guidance, their parents never took them out to eat in an establishment bigger than red lobster, or simply never tipped themselves.

Yep. If you don't tip when you go to a restaurant, then you weren't raised right. Simple and plain. I can picture some of these dudes in this thread, ordering the server around, complaining and sending every bit of food they receive back. Being loud and obnoxious, and then leaving zero tip. Ya'll need to tighten up, like dude said before, If you are black, it creates a bad stereotype that punishes those who don't deserve the bad service.

Last edited:

dead on
Now if the service is memorable and Im in a generous mood I will go out of my way and tip great.
lets be honest: the way you're talking, this has probably NEVER happened 
laugh.gif

you dudes tickle me.
I like to know why this $60 steak includes all overhead & expenses EXCEPT the person bringing it to me. Why? What makes the plate carrier more special then the hostess or the cooks? Why cant I just tip them all and just add it to the price.
you can. they all pool the tips together at the end of the night and split them evenly.

what other excuse you got?

Last edited:
What do you care what your server is getting paid? Its none of your business. You tip according to service.

It is my business if Im the one paying them directly.

I like to know why this $60 steak includes all overhead & expenses EXCEPT the person bringing it to me. Why? What makes the plate carrier more special then the hostess or the cooks? Why cant I just tip them all and just add it to the price.

Why I gotta pay the waiter a vig or a finders fee for my food b?

Now if the service is memorable and Im in a generous mood I will go out of my way and tip great. I tipped a waitress a bill at Ruth Chris this past Valentines day because ol girl stayed pouring the bubbly and came with the jokes. But is that all the time? No.

I dont feel the need to blindly pay anybody's salary directly thats your bosses job. Or maybe I should just throw money around without thinking about it?

Last edited:
Tipping threads on Niketalk... this will be 15 pages by noon tomorrow.

Every time.

i know here in Cali, waiters are required to get at least minimum wage so with normal pay plus whatever they get in tips i'd assume they end up doing ok for themselves.

the whole tipping situation is a 2 way street though imo.

you can use the whole, they should find a better job, or they shouldn't rely on tips arguement and while there's a point to that, you know beforehand that it's an unwritten rule that tipping is expected for decent service in a sit down restaruant.

a tip isn't required although its considered a custom and a norm when the service is decent or better.

if you tip then great, if you don't tip decent service then 9 out of 10 times your usually the same type of person that won't pitch in on bud but expect everyone else to smoke you out, or will go over to a friends get together where everyone else brought food or drink and not bring anything or bring some cheap crap or will be the person haggling or nickle and diming when it comes to pitching in on stuff. most of the time that type of friend usually ends up not getting invited to certian places and the rest of the group will know there's certain places they can bring him to, and certian places where his frugal ways will be a bad look for the rest of the group. again you don't have to tip, but that perception of being the cheap friend, usually comes along with the territory.

that said, if you go to a sit down restaurant and don't tip, do you expect above and beyond service and them to go outta their way to be helpful to you, or do you expect basic average at best service.

i know if i worked in a restaurant and if provided good service and didn't get a tip, the next time you came in you'd be getting the bare minimum service required of me, while my attention would be focused on the other tables instead.

And Indians are NOTORIOUSLY cheap...

And Asians set impossible standards on kids...

And white people have flat butts ...

And men only look at women's looks...

And women are after men's money...

Lets make videos about it.

:lol:

i know here in Cali, waiters are required to get at least minimum wage so with normal pay plus whatever they get in tips i'd assume they end up doing ok for themselves.

the whole tipping situation is a 2 way street though imo.

you can use the whole, they should find a better job, or they shouldn't rely on tips arguement and while there's a point to that, you know beforehand that it's an unwritten rule that tipping is expected for decent service in a sit down restaruant.

a tip isn't required although its considered a custom and a norm when the service is decent or better.

if you tip then great, if you don't tip decent service then 9 out of 10 times your usually the same type of person that won't pitch in on bud but expect everyone else to smoke you out, or will go over to a friends get together where everyone else brought food or drink and not bring anything or bring some cheap crap or will be the person haggling or nickle and diming when it comes to pitching in on stuff. most of the time that type of friend usually ends up not getting invited to certian places and the rest of the group will know there's certain places they can bring him to, and certian places where his frugal ways will be a bad look for the rest of the group. again you don't have to tip, but that perception of being the cheap friend, usually comes along with the territory.

that said, if you go to a sit down restaurant and don't tip, do you expect above and beyond service and them to go outta their way to be helpful to you, or do you expect basic average at best service.

i know if i worked in a restaurant and if provided good service and didn't get a tip, the next time you came in you'd be getting the bare minimum service required of me, while my attention would be focused on the other tables instead.

Restaurants are one of the places you can't bring them to, unless you wannna' be eating spit and pubic hairs because of their bad attitude and poor tipping.

i can't get down with them messing with peoples food off bad tips though. hell i feel the same way about blacks getting minimal service due to a stereotype as well.

like i said, if i was a waiter, everyone would get top notch service the first time around, if you take care of me, i'll make sure your taken care of whenever you come in. if you don't tip me, i won't do anything to your food or none of that but don't expect any special requests or above and beyond service whenever you come bac. you'll get the bare minimim that's required from my job duties and nothing more.

i can't get down with them messing with peoples food off bad tips though. hell i feel the same way about blacks getting minimal service due to a stereotype as well.

like i said, if i was a waiter, everyone would get top notch service the first time around, if you take care of me, i'll make sure your taken care of whenever you come in. if you don't tip me, i won't do anything to your food or none of that but don't expect any special requests or above and beyond service whenever you come bac. you'll get the bare minimim that's required from my job duties and nothing more.

I didn't say I condone it. But you know it occurs. I don't roll with scrubs anyways, so I don't worry about it.

Last edited:
Nothing like walking into an establishment and the server has my drink ready before I order
pimp.gif
Love that. They know you so well they know your drink, your side, what and how your burger is even cooked without even asking. No words needed besides thank you. 

Ohhhhhh so yall tip out of fear of spit in your food.

So these waiters are extorting tips from you?

Yall should go to more classier places where good service is a standard not a tryout for a check.

Again its not my job to pay grade each employee. Tell them employers to stop being greedy. Tell those waiters who tryna cheat the wage system by thinking they'll get lucky a few nights to stop being greedy. 8)

i generally overtip when i go out to eat because i don't want this stereotype associated with me. i also worked in the food industry in high school so i know how it is.

This video looks like it was shot in tennessee

I'm black and I hate going out to eat with other black ppl that are not apart of my group of friends. Half the time they barely have enough money to pay the bill that's why they don't tip!

Soon as the bill come ppl start analyzing te bill saying crap like "well all I had was a lemonade and that's 2.00 so they'll cough up 2 bucks and don't add gratuity or tax.

Ohhhhhh so yall tip out of fear of spit in your food.

So these waiters are extorting tips from you?

Yall should go to more classier places where good service is a standard not a tryout for a check.

Again its not my job to pay grade each employee. Tell them employers to stop being greedy. Tell those waiters who tryna cheat the wage system by thinking they'll get lucky a few nights to stop being greedy. 8)

Nah I didn't say I tip out of fear, I said I don't roll with scrubby non-tippers. I tip because that's how a boss moves. I also get rushed to any table I want and get treated like a king always getting free appetizers and desserts because they know I'm tipping well. Only someone petty would be makin' excuses for not leaving a measly 20% at least.

Wont even watch that stereotypical titled video smh

I know one thing, just went to lunch yesterday at Brio's, very nice/fancyish. Bill was roughly 56$, gave her 80 and got 5$ back. When my service is superb, my tip is too. I still tip something even with bad service. I'm in Vegas so Cab drivers get tipped too. So many panhandlers/bums asking for money, I usually look out for them too. So F that video.....
pimp.gif

i generally overtip when i go out to eat because i don't want this stereotype associated with me. i also worked in the food industry in high school so i know how it is.

This. But honestly I've noticed service towards me has constantly gotten worse for initial visits and I rarely repeat restaurants often enough in a short span to warrant familiarity, so I'm losing faith in restaurants on general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom