Black Swan | A Film by Darren Aronofsky

this was the closest to a female version of Heath Ledger as the Joker we are going to get based on that article.

this was the closest to a female version of Heath Ledger as the Joker we are going to get based on that article.

wow---so over-hyped...

I am a huge movie buff, but I am sorry, this is not 'the best movie of 2010'

was watchable and at times enjoyable, but was not blown away.

wow---so over-hyped...

Originally Posted by copped

wow---so over-hyped...

And what would your choice be?

wow---so over-hyped...

--Finally saw this last night. Great movie. Highly recommended.
--This is the performance of Portman's career. She surprised me with this one.
--Kunis. Appreciated. What can I say?

--Finally saw this last night. Great movie. Highly recommended.
--This is the performance of Portman's career. She surprised me with this one.
--Kunis. Appreciated. What can I say?

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

i still find it weird that playing a clown from a comic book had such an intense effect on him.  people blame the role for his insomnia and other things he was dealing with but he probably had problems way before the movie.  the drugs and prescription pills didn't help either.
i think more intense physical transformations were from his co-star bale in The Machinist and The Fighter.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

i still find it weird that playing a clown from a comic book had such an intense effect on him.  people blame the role for his insomnia and other things he was dealing with but he probably had problems way before the movie.  the drugs and prescription pills didn't help either.
i think more intense physical transformations were from his co-star bale in The Machinist and The Fighter.

Originally, like most NT'ers on here I only watched this movie for the Portman/Kunis Lesbian scene.
Overall, it was a decent film. I understood why Aronofsky chose that particular angle (the active first person view to Portman's perspective) for the entire duration of the film to be shot at, but it was really ridiculous at times and it wasn't necessary in all the shots. As for the transformation stuff, that was also BS but that's just me.

Originally, like most NT'ers on here I only watched this movie for the Portman/Kunis Lesbian scene.
Overall, it was a decent film. I understood why Aronofsky chose that particular angle (the active first person view to Portman's perspective) for the entire duration of the film to be shot at, but it was really ridiculous at times and it wasn't necessary in all the shots. As for the transformation stuff, that was also BS but that's just me.

Originally Posted by PLVN

wow---so over-hyped...

-the social network left me with the "wow" after the movie was over
-DiCaprio's performance in inception and the whole concept of the movie left me "wow" at the end
-shutter island
-the fighter was good not as great as the first two i've mentioned, and mostly because of christian bales amazing performance and how he captured the screen every time he was in a scene

other movies i enjoyed more than black swan (even though from other genres):

-the other guys
-wall street 2
-127 hours
-due date
-the town
-kick-%!!

all i can think of for 2010

Originally Posted by PLVN

wow---so over-hyped...

-the social network left me with the "wow" after the movie was over
-DiCaprio's performance in inception and the whole concept of the movie left me "wow" at the end
-shutter island
-the fighter was good not as great as the first two i've mentioned, and mostly because of christian bales amazing performance and how he captured the screen every time he was in a scene

other movies i enjoyed more than black swan (even though from other genres):

-the other guys
-wall street 2
-127 hours
-due date
-the town
-kick-%!!

all i can think of for 2010

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Just saw this tonight and it lived up to the hype. Definitely an unsettling movie with a lot of cringe-worthy scenes (peeling skin, cutting nails, etc...
sick.gif
) and there were so many scenes that kept you on edge. Natalie Portman's acting was very impressive. She definitely stepped out of her comfort zone for this role. The actress that played her mother was also fantastic. Really freaked me out without actually doing anything. I'm going to try to catch this again.

Mila Kunis
pimp.gif
I just came back from watching it from the theater and wow was I sitting there speechless in my seat thinking that this movie was just full of +*+ reactions. I thought I was the only one that would resist some of these cringing scenes but, these scenes got me cringing. The whole movie kept me wondering and had me putting pieces together on what was really going on. Indeed a psychological thriller. I would definitely catch this once more. As for the lesbian action, it wasn't THAT great but man was it hot. I do prefer to replay that scene where she's by herself in the room and does do her "homework".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loved everyone's acting they all played their role perfect. And Mila Kunis..... my god she can really get the D. Freak to the fullest. I don't know if I'm the only one who thought her back tattoo was too $%!+##$ sexy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

Just got back from it, the theatre was filled with a bunch of old people... I was the youngest dude there with my friend.
laugh.gif
Thought it was a good movie, like a lot said.. it was cringe worthy at times but Aronofsky pulled it off brilliantly. Mila was gorgeous and so was Miss Portman.
Ditto on this. There was people ages 50+ around me even saying +*+.
laugh.gif

Definitely one of the best year ending movies of 2010 in my list, aside from Social Network, The Town, and The Fighter.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Just saw this tonight and it lived up to the hype. Definitely an unsettling movie with a lot of cringe-worthy scenes (peeling skin, cutting nails, etc...
sick.gif
) and there were so many scenes that kept you on edge. Natalie Portman's acting was very impressive. She definitely stepped out of her comfort zone for this role. The actress that played her mother was also fantastic. Really freaked me out without actually doing anything. I'm going to try to catch this again.

Mila Kunis
pimp.gif
I just came back from watching it from the theater and wow was I sitting there speechless in my seat thinking that this movie was just full of +*+ reactions. I thought I was the only one that would resist some of these cringing scenes but, these scenes got me cringing. The whole movie kept me wondering and had me putting pieces together on what was really going on. Indeed a psychological thriller. I would definitely catch this once more. As for the lesbian action, it wasn't THAT great but man was it hot. I do prefer to replay that scene where she's by herself in the room and does do her "homework".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Loved everyone's acting they all played their role perfect. And Mila Kunis..... my god she can really get the D. Freak to the fullest. I don't know if I'm the only one who thought her back tattoo was too $%!+##$ sexy.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

Just got back from it, the theatre was filled with a bunch of old people... I was the youngest dude there with my friend.
laugh.gif
Thought it was a good movie, like a lot said.. it was cringe worthy at times but Aronofsky pulled it off brilliantly. Mila was gorgeous and so was Miss Portman.
Ditto on this. There was people ages 50+ around me even saying +*+.
laugh.gif

Definitely one of the best year ending movies of 2010 in my list, aside from Social Network, The Town, and The Fighter.

Back
Top Bottom