Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

Originally Posted by What up

Why do genocides and crimes need to be "valued?" And why do they need "much much" more attention as the holocaust?

And instead of throwing words around like "deserve," ask yourself if anyone is really owed anything. Black werent the only ones that got the short end of the stick on an number of issues.

i dont even understand your point.

so can we or cant we discuss the oppression of african americans in the USA?

is it or isnt it okay?

or does the fact that "blacks werent the only ones" mean we can't voice our dissatisfaction?

please respond.

(still no answer on the "how long did the holocaust last"? oh.)

This discussion again.

1. If you were alive 400 years ago and youre still alive, reparations are due.

Otherwise, shut the hell up about this.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

This discussion again.

what about if you lived through the crack epidemic or civil rights? I mean you guys really cant believe slavery is the only thing the government has done to make life worse for African Americans.

Us as blacks just need to rise up like we did in the Civil Rights Era. Govt aint gon give us *%%@ we need to take it like Martin and Malcolm did. With all the social networking we could easily start another revolution. What they did in Egypt, Occupy Wall Street, it's not that hard to do.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

This discussion again.

what about if you lived through the crack epidemic or civil rights? I mean you guys really cant believe slavery is the only thing the government has done to make life worse for African Americans.
That's why I don't debate with most people about this. Because other races (and blacks who live in this make believe utopian "we're all human" world) RARELY acknowledge the systemic effect. They fail to understand the slave trade was just the first seed planted. They act like because we're not literally in chains and in cotton fields, and because there is a black man as the president (
laugh.gif
) that there still isn't an agenda out there.

Us as blacks just need to rise up like we did in the Civil Rights Era. Govt aint gon give us *%%@ we need to take it like Martin and Malcolm did. With all the social networking we could easily start another revolution. What they did in Egypt, Occupy Wall Street, it's not that hard to do.
We need leaders. Times have changed. Our main influences are the Jay-Z's of the world. Not that anything is wrong with Hov but we need balance. There is no one who directly identifies with and understands the Black plight that is speaking for us. We are TRULY a divided people.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Why do genocides and crimes need to be "valued?" And why do they need "much much" more attention as the holocaust?

And instead of throwing words around like "deserve," ask yourself if anyone is really owed anything. Black werent the only ones that got the short end of the stick on an number of issues.

i dont even understand your point.

so can we or cant we discuss the oppression of african americans in the USA?

is it or isnt it okay?

or does the fact that "blacks werent the only ones" mean we can't voice our dissatisfaction?

please respond.

(still no answer on the "how long did the holocaust last"? oh.)

My point is stop ranking slavery above other genocide/war crime if you dont know your history.  Which most of you don't.
But its okay to voice your dissatisfaction.  Ya'll seem to be crying the loudest when other groups of people don't use history as an excuse for what they don't have currently.

Originally Posted by illwill24

laugh.gif

I need to invest in WSHH.com when this happens.

Why don't you ask yourself who really is owed anything....if I asked myself if anyone is really owed anything I'd ask myself what do I owe the people I constantly pay to live
indifferent.gif

They need to be valued because there are a legitmate part of social reality, why else? Come on man you have no argument....the public school history curriculum is 100% Eurocentric

you guys don't own the world....the world is not simply your property to have. thats the issue here...PROPERTY.

If the world isnt "our" property to have, then do you have some claim to it?

I mean, are you complaining about rent right now? White people rent? Black people own property. Why aren't you working harder to acquire property instead of just demanding that you have it?

And if the curriculum is 100% Eurocentric, how come your boy is begging to be educated on the Holocaust?
This convo won't go anywhere.  Listen, it sucks that your people's history included such oppression but to included the crack epidemic and other details like that is more than reaching.  I won't go into detail where I come from, where my people have had to overcome but I will not be making lists demanding anything.  These are the cards I was dealt and I'm playing the hand to the best of my abilities.  Try to have a nice and productive day, pimp.

Why don't you just educate yourself and stop complaining about the past. You'll never get what you think is owed to you because you think you're owed all.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Why don't you just educate yourself and stop complaining about the past. You'll never get what you think is owed to you because you think you're owed all.
why dont you take your own advice.

I am educated. An educated intellectual would understand that this isn't the place to post an idea like, "blacks should get reparation..."

And when is the OP going to stop using the "race card". It doesn't fly these days anymore.

Laws were made, people have always had to suffer and die in order for the rest of us to live a nice life. If reparations are due to a certain race, then everyone that's served in the military should get reparations. Doesn't matter if they volunteered and got paid. A lot of people have died for us to be able to post our opinions on this website. The best we can do is play right by treating each other fairly and not hurting one and other.

Went through a discussion with my poly sci class about this subject and all I can say is there is nothing the U.S can do. The best we can do is provide better education for the kids so they can be better equipped to succeed in society. Reparations should be given only to slaves because they are they are truly the ones that deserve it but I highly doubt there are any living slaves from the 1800s. Apologies should be made from the slave owners and slave traders since they were the ones who fought for slavery but they are no longer alive. The government was actually the ones who helped abolish slavery.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Went through a discussion with my poly sci class about this subject and all I can say is there is nothing the U.S can do. The best we can do is provide better education for the kids so they can be better equipped to succeed in society. Reparations should be given only to slaves because they are they are truly the ones that deserve it but I highly doubt there are any living slaves from the 1800s. Apologies should be made from the slave owners and slave traders since they were the ones who fought for slavery but they are no longer alive. The government was actually the ones who helped abolish slavery.

If thats the case then in theory the families and ppl who still to this day benefit from slave labor should give up what they have earned. If blacks of today shouldnt reap the rewards of slave labor of the past, then why should whites benefit today from slave labor of the past? Its like youre saying blacks dont deserve it because the didnt personally experience slavery, but whites should continue to reap the benefits of what their past ancestors did in slavery.

So young  white man tom whos land/house/business was past down several generations is fine because he personally didnt inslave/rape pilledge blacks. But young tyrone shouldnt get anything. In no other facet of life business does this occur except for reparations. So ppl shouldnt get inheritants either by your logic. They didnt personally earn/make the money. So to the soilder who dies in combat, his family shouldnt get the 1 mil settlement from uncle sam since they personal didnt go to kosovo, iraq etc... right? So family businesses shouldnt be passed down either since the offsprings didnt start or create the business right?

So the son/daughter who gets in a ivy league college or get a job because of the reputation of a family member shouldnt accept or deserve the scholarship/job right?

Your way of thinking could easily be applied to any one of these situations.

So what about the government destroying all the powerful black organizations in the 50s-70s? Did this not happen?

People keep talking about know your history but you guys keep referencing slavery as if that is the only thing that has happened. As if after Slavery Blacks were able to live normal American lives. You guys keep rewriting history I bet Civil Rights Movement will be erased as a whole from history like the Panthers have already been.

Btw can someone explain to me how a race that has been in US since Slavery be worse off that a race (hispanics) that are mostly new immigrants to the Country?

Originally Posted by LDJ

If thats the case then in theory the families and ppl who still to this day benefit from slave labor should give up what they have earned. If blacks of today shouldnt reap the rewards of slave labor of the past, then why should whites benefit today from slave labor of the past? Its like youre saying blacks dont deserve it because the didnt personally experience slavery, but whites should continue to reap the benefits of what their past ancestors did in slavery.

So young  white man tom whos land/house/business was past down several generations is fine because he personally didnt inslave/rape pilledge blacks. But young tyrone shouldnt get anything. In no other facet of life business does this occur except for reparations. So ppl shouldnt get inheritants either by your logic. They didnt personally earn/make the money. So to the soilder who dies in combat, his family shouldnt get the 1 mil settlement from uncle sam since they personal didnt go to kosovo, iraq etc... right? So family businesses shouldnt be passed down either since the offsprings didnt start or create the business right?

So the son/daughter who gets in a ivy league college or get a job because of the reputation of a family member shouldnt accept or deserve the scholarship/job right?

Your way of thinking could easily be applied to any one of these situations.
Thank you for so eloquently explaining how most of this country works.  Most of this wealth and stuff is passed down.  The same ones complaining about reparations are complaining about the death tax because they want daddy's head start.  Well your dad made that money "hundreds of years ago", why do you need his money.  Sound familiar?

So what about the government destroying all the powerful black organizations in the 50s-70s? Did this not happen?

People keep talking about know your history but you guys keep referencing slavery as if that is the only thing that has happened. As if after Slavery Blacks were able to live normal American lives. You guys keep rewriting history I bet Civil Rights Movement will be erased as a whole from history like the Panthers have already been.

Btw can someone explain to me how a race that has been in US since Slavery be worse off that a race (hispanics) that are mostly new immigrants to the Country?

Because one works harder than the other

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It's that simple huh?
30t6p3b.gif

You're even dumber than I thought.

Objective stats can be cited to support my opinion, rather than the common raw, defensive emotion and vigor black people always apply to being defensive, offended, excuse making and lashing out but less often to anything constructive to achieving the success that D. Whiteman is allegedly holding them back from.

Let me guess, this villainous "white man," who you characterize as so racist, is giving the Mexicans a boost in some way. But Mexicans are not really that much better off than blacks, it's pretty neck and neck. It's like asking who was more terrible last NBA season, the Cavs or the Wolves. It all comes down to what you want to look at; unemployment, incarceration, wealth, achievement, welfare and Government assistance #s, graduation rates, so you could be more specific in where you wanted to take that Michael Weshouldgetreparationsbutnotgetfiredforsmokingweedanddrinkingwhileassemblingheavymachinery.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It's that simple huh?
30t6p3b.gif

You're even dumber than I thought.

They already have. I looked at my kids social studies/american history book and no mention of black panthers and whats worse is they have mlk as this lightskin dude looking about mixed. He looks like drake in the new textbooks. And I have seen mlk and in no shape way or form was he lightskin or remotely looking mix. Hell by the time I have grandkids I wouldnt be suprise if he isnt depicated as white or all together removed from HIStory textbooks.

Back
Top Bottom