Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

131889457542.jpg

Originally Posted by HankMoody

What about every other maligned group? Muslims should get reparations for the last 10 years of fear-mongering. Don't forget about Executive Order 9066. Chinese Exclusion Act. But you don't really care.

LOL. Are you seriously going to compare what has going on to Muslims currently to all the things I listed?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. STOP IT WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Smh

When are blacks going to stop feeling sorry for themselves ?

Am black btw

Sorry for ourselves? Obviously you are already lost. It has nothing to do about feeling sorry for ourselves its has to do with what is fair. Do you not understand how much better off the black community would of been alone if the Black Panthers were allowed to succeed? The government had a large hand in TONS of things that killed the black community they should at least re invest more into the community.

But let me guess its okay cuz we have a black president

negro please

Pick and choose, my man. Pick and choose

Nice tweets btw. "About to post a powerful thread"

roll.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

It seems like a difficult idea to put into practice.
For example, California was always a free state. Should white California have to pay the same level of reparations as slave states, such as Texas and South Carolina? What about New York, where at one time it was legal to have slaves, but was a free state by the time of the Civil War?
What about immigrants? Should recent immigrants from Ethiopia or Somalia get reparations merely because of their skin color? Should recent immigrants from Poland or the Czech Republic have to pay reparations merely because they are white?
How about white Southerners who were too poor to own slaves? Should they pay the same reparations as wealthy Southerners who owned hundreds of slaves?
Or how about family growth since the Civil War? If one slave from 1865 has 1000 living descendants and another slave only has 50 living descendants, are the members of the family of 1000 people entitled to the same dollar value as the family of 50 even though both are getting reparations for a single ancestor's labor?
Because of the sheer number of individuals who would directly receive reparations, and for the sake of social responsibility, the best kind of repayment for the Trans-Atlantic slave trade would be a massive overhaul of community infrastructure at every level...education, housing and social programs geared specifically towards Blacks and perhaps anyone else lower than average on the social totem pole. Leveling the playing field and eliminating the poverty trap would do wonders to those communities. The biggest obstacle is just the practicality.
Did you honestly read my post? I didnt ask for the government to give money directly to people, I am asking for an investment into black community in form of REAL programs that could help the community.

roll.gif
Pick and chose? Please tell me how you can compare what went on with Muslims in the US post 9/11 to what occurred in the US for the last century? What Muslims leaders were assassinated in the US?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

For example, California was always a free state. Should white California have to pay the same level of reparations as slave states, such as Texas and South Carolina? What about New York, where at one time it was legal to have slaves, but was a free state by the time of the Civil War?
What about immigrants? Should recent immigrants from Ethiopia or Somalia get reparations merely because of their skin color? Should recent immigrants from Poland or the Czech Republic have to pay reparations merely because they are white?
How about white Southerners who were too poor to own slaves? Should they pay the same reparations as wealthy Southerners who owned hundreds of slaves?
Or how about family growth since the Civil War? If one slave from 1865 has 1000 living descendants and another slave only has 50 living descendants, are the members of the family of 1000 people entitled to the same dollar value as the family of 50 even though both are getting reparations for a single ancestor's labor?
Because of the sheer number of individuals who would directly receive reparations, and for the sake of social responsibility, the best kind of repayment for the Trans-Atlantic slave trade would be a massive overhaul of community infrastructure at every level...education, housing and social programs geared specifically towards Blacks and perhaps anyone else lower than average on the social totem pole. Leveling the playing field and eliminating the poverty trap would do wonders to those communities. The biggest obstacle is just the practicality.
Did you honestly read my post? I didnt ask for the government to give money directly to people, I am asking for an investment into black community in form of REAL programs that could help the community.
every word. my post still stands. it would be nearly impossible to implement some sort of social program   or programs that truly invest in the black community to offset the damage done to previous generations.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

what about the native americans? the japanese?  the homosexuals?  
nerd.gif
Each living member of internment for the Japanese got 15 or 20 racks, I believe, when Clinton was president. Needless to say, that doesn't nearly account for the losses they suffered, especially when adjusted by inflation...but yeah they got a lil sum'n. And as for the homosexuals...I'm not sure what or how you could compensate for them?

roll.gif
Pick and chose? Please tell me how you can compare what went on with Muslims in the US post 9/11 to what occurred in the US for the last century? What Muslims leaders were assassinated in the US?

Where did I say equal amounts? I said they deserve some too. Oh and it's choose, son. You can't even copy right.

I don't disagree that money should be spent in black communities. However, if that happens, American gov't better spend money on the Philippines and give a significant amount more back to the Native Americans, as well.

(If you don't get the Philippines part - quick cap: America took over the Philippines, used it for a base, took local resources, changed society, enacted a weak democracy, and left it in worse shape than they came in with - with an even larger separation of class.)

every word. my post still stands. it would be nearly impossible to implement some sort of social program   or programs that truly invest in the black community to offset the damage done to previous generations.
Impossible? Maybe but something is more than nothing. The black community is in shambles, the issues are way to big for blacks internally to solve the issues. Look at what the Panthers were able to accomplish with their survival programs, the US government has more than that power to accomplish something along those lines.

For the uneducated:
http://www.stanford.edu/g...kpanthers/programs.shtml

roll.gif

Where did I say equal amounts? I said they deserve some too. Oh and it's choose, son. You can't even copy right.

When in doubt correct spelling on the internet
roll.gif
roll.gif

You really expect me to worry about EVERY other wrong doing without supporting my own people first? Really? What exact point are you trying to prove?

Back
Top Bottom