Blacks should get reparations for everything that occured between 1930-90s

nah cause pookie gonna spend that gov money on a crack rock or lashanda gonna get her booboo some new jordans for making 5 F's this quarter in school

Originally Posted by natelav129

I get your point OP, but bruh u already know NT aint the place for this....
tired.gif

Personally can't take sides completely with either perspective ( i'm black if it matters)

Posting for later to see how large of an %+#@@!@ the fam rips him..

This might be a stupid question but why would JFK's assassination have anything to do with us getting reparations I know he was for civil rights but anything in particular?

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Why? Because you're going through it right now, or because this is how you really feel?

I have a feeling that if you were rich, your opinion would be different. It's a convenient point of view for you.

Going through it? Im living better than 99% of the black people I know, I'm in a decent college, have a pretty good apartment, own a vehicle, and eat well. Just because I'm doing fine doesnt mean that I should turn a blind eye to the truth.

This is the problem with America, a lot of you guys instead of looking at the failures of our Government and scrutinizing them you are looking to blame the people who have very little control of their own communitys.

......why 1930?

is that when injustice and systematic oppression started?

this maybe the dumbest post in the history of the internet.

dude said JFK's assasination....

LMAO

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Really? This is the most blatant form of ignorance I've ever seen on these boards, and that's saying a lot. 
Here's a most recent example from my own experience of these reparations that you "don't get." I'm applying to law school for the Fall 12' cycle and am currently flabbergasted by what would be in my reach school and scholarship-wise if I was an African American. With my numbers, if I was black I would receive an instant-admit and at least a partial scholarship to a number of T14 schools. However, being that this is not the case; I am left trying to give out hand-jobs to just get ACCEPTED into a 48th ranked school without ANY financial help. 

Now this is the way it has to be; and I am not taking away anything for what AA stands for. However, when ignorant fools like you claim nothing is being done while opportunities are being taken away from me for this exact reason, I can't even explain my frustration.

Man *#!! with that Affirmative Action crap.. Whites still outnumber blacks GREATLY in college so im tired of privledged Clowns like you complaining about white people being discrimanted against.. Just check the data and stop complaining..
eyes.gif

Well.. you clearly are not a college student yourself which is showcased by your inability to comprehend. In that regard, thanks for doing your part in bringing down those numbers you were so quick to pull out. 
Nowhere did I say that this was unwarranted and unfair. In fact, I stated that it was necessary; due to the fact you had pointed out. The sole point of my post was to show that his ungratefulness is ignorant and selfish because there are in fact many services out there in the form of "reparations."

I was at UC Merced until the spring of this year but I chose not to go back
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

Your the one who said "Oppurtunities were taken away  from me" im sorry that you don't even realize the privledge you have.. while Blacks were giving AA just to me a tiny qouta. And being grateful about AA is such an oxymoron I swear
laugh.gif
 So were greatful knowing that many universites still apply unfair treatment against people based on race. And just because of AA we should rejoyce? Please..

No no no.... It didn't happen to you.... I bet u don't even no ur ancestors names..... First and last and there top 5 favorite things to do

Originally Posted by Cubinican

Originally Posted by natelav129

I get your point OP, but bruh u already know NT aint the place for this....
tired.gif

Personally can't take sides completely with either perspective ( i'm black if it matters)

Posting for later to see how large of an %+#@@!@ the fam rips him..

This might be a stupid question but why would JFK's assassination have anything to do with us getting reparations
JFK had the power to make changes in the black community and his brother Bobby was already working with the civil rights movement but gets very little credit. Bobby Kennedy worked with MLK specifically with the Bus Boycott in '55.

I think we should leave this country and give it back to Native Americans. 
I think Japanese Americans and Asian Americans mistaken for Japanese deserve reparations for being forced into internment camps in the 40s.

I think all women deserve reparations for all the inequality and discrimination they've faced for centuries in every single patriarchal society on the face of the planet (which is every single society that's ever existed for the most part excluding some indigenous, aboriginal societies).

I think the Irish and Italians also deserve some reparations for the discrimination they faced when first immigrating to this country.

I think we should give California, Texas, New Mexico, just the entire south west back to Mexico.

I think Muslims deserve reparations for the discrimination they faced post 9/11.

I think NT is a terrible place to discuss matters of race. Stop. It all sounds so foolish, let's go back to talking about thick chicks with slims waists and girlfriend problems.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

......why 1930?

is that when injustice and systematic oppression started?

this maybe the dumbest post in the history of the internet.

dude said JFK's assasination....

LMAO
If you really dont see how the assassination of JFK and Bobby Kennedy impacted the black community you need a history lesson

I think we should leave this country and give it back to Native Americans. 

I think the Irish and Italians also deserve some reparations for the discrimination they faced when first immigrating to this country.

I think we should give California, Texas, New Mexico, just the entire south west back to Mexico.

I think Muslims deserve reparations for the discrimination they faced post 9/11. 

I think NT is a terrible place to discuss matters of race. Stop. It all sounds so foolish, let's go back to talking about thick chicks with slims waists and girlfriend problems.

QFT. 

4318MichaelJohnson4318 wrote:
But when did I deny other groups of reparations? Im sure they are TONS of groups that US govt oppressed that need help, I am talking about my people for the moment feel free the make a thread for anyone else, I support the movement
pimp.gif

OP, if you admit that other minority groups are deserving of reparations as well then why are you gunning for programs specifically for black people? It's not even close to realistic, because by your rationale there would have to be specific programs for too many different groups.
Why not target the programs at low income areas that are affected by the fallout of the terrible race/ethnic relations of the past? Fix the system that currently exists for low income individuals? I just don't see how there's room in a logical infrastructure for race-based assistance programs for all of the groups who went through it; it would all get extremely complicated if you based it on anything other than income.

There should be no such thing as "the black community".

Any division is idiotic.

This proves you show no progress regarding your views on society.

Unless we call ourselves one, and unify, we will never be able to move forward.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

But when did I deny other groups of reparations? Im sure they are TONS of groups that US govt oppressed that need help, I am talking about my people for the moment feel free the make a thread for anyone else, I support the movement
pimp.gif

OP, if you admit that other minority groups are deserving of reparations as well then why are you gunning for programs specifically for black people? It's not even close to realistic, because by your rationale there would have to be specific programs for too many different groups.
Why not target the programs at low income areas that are affected by the fallout of the terrible race/ethnic relations of the past? Fix the system that currently exists for low income individuals? I just don't see how there's room in a logical infrastructure for race-based assistance programs for all of the groups who went through it; it would all get extremely complicated if you based it on anything other than income.

That is an issue with policy, not with african americans actually deserving reparations. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

pimp.gif

That is an issue with policy, not with african americans actually deserving reparations. 

But it's an inherent issue with policy.
Why not focus on/be proactive about something probable instead of complaining and proposing impossibilities?

Man *#!! with that Affirmative Action crap.. Whites still outnumber blacks GREATLY in college so im tired of privledged Clowns like you complaining about white people being discrimanted against.. Just check the data and stop complaining..
eyes.gif

Well.. you clearly are not a college student yourself which is showcased by your inability to comprehend. In that regard, thanks for doing your part in bringing down those numbers you were so quick to pull out. 
Nowhere did I say that this was unwarranted and unfair. In fact, I stated that it was necessary; due to the fact you had pointed out. The sole point of my post was to show that his ungratefulness is ignorant and selfish because there are in fact many services out there in the form of "reparations."

I was at UC Merced until the spring of this year but I chose not to go back
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

Your the one who said "Oppurtunities were taken away  from me" im sorry that you don't even realize the privledge you have.. while Blacks were giving AA just to me a tiny qouta. And being grateful about AA is such an oxymoron I swear
laugh.gif
 So were greatful knowing that many universites still apply unfair treatment against people based on race. And just because of AA we should rejoyce? Please..
Nobody said to be grateful and rejoice over AA, I was just showing that he was completely ignoring its existence with such a blanketing statement. Also, what is this privileged B.S. y'all are talking about? I pay for my tuition 100%, have to work far more than I should while in school in order to pay bills and tuition. 
If you want something then go @!%*!*$ get it, opportunities are there for y'all, financial problems should play NO PART in the reasoning behind the lacking numbers in black scholars. 

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

There should be no such thing as "the black community".
I was going to quote everyone and address each ignorant comment specifically, but the task is too daunting. 
laugh.gif

Dude who said afro-americans got reparations for slavery through Affirmative Action and should be grateful (
roll.gif
X
indifferent.gif
) The audacity!
30t6p3b.gif
Take a look at what its actually done. 

OP listen to me, if you can't get reparations for an event 100% of people know is wrong, how in the world are you going to convince the same people to pay reparations for events that are debatable?

Originally Posted by kix4kix

But it's an inherent issue with policy.
Why not focus on/be proactive about something probable instead of complaining and proposing impossibilities?
Impossible to whom, you? 

How about reparations for people (white, black, latino, native american, asian, whatever) who work 40 plus hour weeks trying to pay their bills and support their families?  
Give them reparations in the form of a LIVABLE WAGE that doesn't force them to work two jobs, live off credit, lose their houses, diminish the time they have available to spend with their families...

When CEO's are making an average of 400 something times the average worker in America we should be speaking about Economic Justice for people who work for a living...you wanna start curing some social ills, enforce some wage equality across the board for all races starting at the bottom, give people a wage they can live off of, so they don't have to sweat their groceries, gas, electricity, medical bills, etc...

Enough division in the races and classes.  People need to put all that nonsense behind us.  That's what the governing powers and media conglomerates perpetuate and count on because they know we will never unite and demand real change.  They love the division.  Black.  White.  Haitian.  Asian.  Muslim.  Christian.  Jew.  

No matter what you are, who you are, you have to live.  You have to eat.  I'm not talking about having stacks for everyone to ride in Escalades and Rovers, but enough money to pay bills and eat and take care of your children so you aren't dead broke every month.  

We are all people.  We can count on each other and refuse to be stereotyped and told how to think and behave.  That whites and blacks shouldn't hang out together.  That blacks are not welcomed in white neighborhoods and vice-versa.  That we should stay with our own.  That is pure ignorance.  But, as long as there are limited resources (jobs, money, etc...) people will isolate each other within their groups for safety and out of fear.  It's natural.  And as long as it continues we will be oppressed economically.  While CEO's and politicians and pro-athletes and entertainers are raking in millions to billions of dollars a year and there are MILLIONS of people out there homeless and starving, who are true victims of greed and errors of the ruling classes.

Corporations are people now.  They will forever control who you can vote for.  They control your choices.  You get a list of their guys.  Not anyone that the people have chosen, that'll never happen because the campaign could never survive without the money that corporations have to back it.  A true grassroots campaign (not like Obama's) could never compete with the millions of dollars that corporations have to pour into their guys to ensure their survival and benefit.

Malcolm X started a movement right before he was assassinated in which he was proposing starting networks of voting commissions and lobbying groups all over the country and asking that people each contribute between $1 to $5 a piece to the fund to pay for lobbyists and campaigning programs for grassroots leaders to seek public election.  His vision was that there were millions and millions of workers and under represented people all over the country that had no voice in the political sphere of Washington, so he would have trained Constitutional and Corporate Law attorneys to work as lobbyists on Capitol Hill alongside the big tobacco, alcohol, munitions, media, communications, etc...lobbyists and argue and petition the Senate and House from the perspective of the common man.

It was just starting to pick up some ground when he was murdered.  It was a frightening movement from the standpoint of many big industry wigs.  They had every right to be afraid.  That movement would have been a very serious and popular challenge to their grip on power.

I just think it's time to start thinking more along the lines of people and stop thirsting for our own groups' benefit and desires.  Poverty affects everyone.  Crime affects everyone.  Murder and disease and injustice affects everyone.  

just my .02

So since you guys are very intelligent and not ignorant #!++@$#% who are debating a ridiculously dumb topic...

where is all the money coming from?

It's fact it is going to happen, so where is it coming from?

roll.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

I seriously thought this was gonna be a serious thread, I came in with a facepalm thinking Is NT serious right now ? And I looked at the replies like whew ! 
laugh.gif

Smh tho 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom