Blake Griffin is claiming the paint RIGHT NOW!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ROY

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

thing is, this kid doesnt try things on the court. he just knows.

when's the last time you saw tim duncan look like he was 'trying' to make a move. he doesnt. he just spins by his man, drops a leisurely turnaround, or faces up and... glass.

it's the reason why i dont think bosh is quite an elite player yet. he's ultra talented but he tries to get to the basket, he tries to put down a dunk, etc.

blake just decides and then does. his talent takes over from there. the proper mentality. it's not just the mark of a great big, it's the mark of an elite player.

Realest thing I've ever read in S&T.

when's the last time you saw tim duncan look like he was 'trying' to make a move. he doesnt. he just spins by his man, drops a leisurely turnaround, or faces up and... glass.

it's the reason why i dont think bosh is quite an elite player yet. he's ultra talented but he tries to get to the basket, he tries to put down a dunk, etc.

blake just decides and then does. his talent takes over from there. the proper mentality. it's not just the mark of a great big, it's the mark of an elite player.

too bad he's on a team that will never get anywhere

Originally Posted by enrique23

mad.gif

I wish he had another 2 inches so he could've grabbed the rim and push DJ on the ground.

the other dude was right, he was Keon Clark'd

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by enrique23

mad.gif

Don't sweat it marath0n. If this team plays up to its potential this season, it will go a long way toward squashing that kind of stuff. We're makingprogress already. When's the last time you remember a Clipper related thread in S&T that was started by someone other than us few acknowledged Clippersfans?

When's the last time you remember a Clipper related thread in S&T that was started by someone other than us few acknowledged Clippers fans?
probably during the Q-Rich/ D-Miles era.... and the subject might have been about their J's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Whatever happened to Keon Clark? Dude was a human pogo stick.
The guy is probably in prison
smh.gif

He also claims to have "never played in an NBA game sober"

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I'm already saying that's in the Top 3 Dunks of the Year, I'll give room for 2 people to surpass that.

someone will get jermaine o'neal a lot worse

Oh #@%% I forgot about Jermaine O'Neal
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Like my man Gary Payton would say on NBA TV

USA+Basketball+Senior+National+Team+Training+Rk_7Q971XBEl.jpg

"Oh he's gunna get HIT ON"
(c) GaryPayton.

You aint even gotta go as far back as the ClipperTalk days...it was alot of bandwagon @@+ fans on here just 4 years ago when they were "the best team inLA".

Fairweather @@+ fans...

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I'm already saying that's in the Top 3 Dunks of the Year, I'll give room for 2 people to surpass that.
someone will get jermaine o'neal a lot worse
Oh #@%% I forgot about Jermaine O'Neal
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Like my man Gary Payton would say on NBA TV

USA+Basketball+Senior+National+Team+Training+Rk_7Q971XBEl.jpg

"Oh he's gunna get HIT ON" (c) Gary Payton.
That reminds me, Gary and C Webb better be back on this season. Those Tuesday game nights were pure comedy.

Don't forget Erick Dampier. He'll be on the wrong end of a few of these before the season is over

[h1]Clippers after deadline: Griffin's dazzling dunk[/h1]
The Clippers were like excited kids who just came off the playground and had seen something incredible.

"His nickname is Amazin'," DeAndre Jordan said. "His new nickname is Amazin'."

Jordan shouted over to teammate Sebastian Telfair, saying: "Bassy! Bassy! Amazin', right?"

Telfair: "Amazin'."

They were reacting to Clippers rookie Blake Griffin's spectacular flying dunk over Lakers center DJ Mbenga in thefourth quarter on Sunday at Staples Center. The praise was flying fast in the locker room.
http://
Jordan made sure to clarify the nickname: "No G at the end."

And then Jordan hummed the theme to ESPN's SportsCenter, and said,"Amazin' or that."

Someone asked Griffin if he was cool with the new nickname. "He doesn't have a choice," Marcus Camby said, jumping in beforeGriffin could respond.

Griffin, who had 13 points and 12 rebounds in the loss to the Lakers, was his typical understated self.

"It was a good pass, I just tried to go up and finish," Griffin said. "I don't keep track of a personal highlight film. Something likethat was fun. Still gotta get better."

Said Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy: "Pretty spectacular. You know it's good when the Lakers bench reacts to it."

And, speaking of the Lakers, the kudos for Griffin came rolling in.

"He looks like he's really an active player, good athlete, runs the court well," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "Youcan see his improvement level's got a ways to go here as he adjusts to the game, but I think that's going to happen quickly. He made an outstandingdunk over DJ."

It was the first time Kobe Bryant had seen Griffin play, up close and personal. "He is very athletic, very athletic," Bryantsaid. "He handles the basketball well and has tremendous upside. ... It looks like he's got a world of talent."

And there's more to come. Just ask Telfair.

"Just showing everybody what he's going to be doing all season," Telfair said. "That's his nickname. Amazin'. That's what wegave him, the first day he walked in."

Back
Top Bottom