blink-182 Appreciation Vol. TOUR DATES and CONCERT PICS! TEAM BLINK, WHERE YA'LL AT?

Originally Posted by Jay Sole

Nobody knows that....I guess Mark wasn't ready to grow up or move on for that matter.
If you listen to +44, their music and sound, Sounds very similar to Blink-182.
Nobody really knows the whole story of what happened with Blink-182, we only know half of the story.

That's why I want to see a VH1 Behind the Scenes of: Blink 182 or a True Hollywood Story of: Blink 182. lol
I've been waiting for some kind of Documentary/Movie..since they broke up.

So do I.

As much as I despise Tom, I'm keeping faith alive
tired.gif

Man Overboard is definetly one of my favorite songs and wendy clear. Also i wonder what elevators from boxcar racer is all about....

Toms crazy, met him a few times and he acts like one of those personal motivational speakers....he preaches this alien starting over, you can do anything typestuff. But if you look it up because i forgot where i read it twords the end of the blink he was trashed out of his mind on some "drugs" and waslaying on his drive way and the starts aligned or something and from the point on his mind and out look was changed.....

on a side note...
iBlink its cool to see I'm not the only n___ on her that doesn't only listen to rap and N*E*R*D

I had TOYPAJ and EOTS back in the day...but I grew out of that sound.
laugh.gif
To soft for me.

Travis is one of my favorite drummes ( After Matt Tong and Fab from The Strokes )

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of my favs EVER!! This is Appreciated

My two Fav Vids/Songs

Blink 182 - I Miss You

Blink 182 - Staty together for the kids

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

bottom line with blink is they wrote catchy songs and they were the anthem of many young peoples early teenage years when they were "rebelling" against whatever and therefore are highly overrated...
I agree with PJ. Best rock band ever? Funny
laugh.gif

AVA is
pimp.gif
too
They got some futuristic type @#$ with good messages in they joints. They tracks are CRAZY!

since this thread now all i've been listening to is blink

i really thought that after what happened to travis they would come back together and make music again.. guess i was being naive

do we now from websites if tom reached out to travis at all after the accident?

Another Girl, Another Planet is definately a good song.
I like the Blink-182 cover so much better than the original version sang by The Only Ones.

It was the last song they recorded together. I first heard it on Travis Barkers show, Meet the Barkers and instantly liked it.
Then I bought the greatest hits album, and the track was on there.

Kickmatic23 wrote:
since this thread now all i've been listening to is blink

i really thought that after what happened to travis they would come back together and make music again.. guess i was being naive

do we now from websites if tom reached out to travis at all after the accident?
We don't know for certain. I know he did an interview and said that in the midst of what happened to Travis, a blink reunion should be thelast thing on everyone's mind since what mattered the most was Travis's well being.

I won't lie, I put a lot of my eggs in the reunion basket after the accident. I thought it would make Tom wake up... only time will tell.

No lie, I've had Another girl another planet on repeat since I heard it last night. I'm kinda glad I'm late on this song... it makes me thinkI'm listening to a new song even though it's a cover.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iBlink

I won't lie, I put a lot of my eggs in the reunion basket after the accident. I thought it would make Tom wake up... only time will tell.
same here..

the original another girl, another planet was about heroin.. i wonder if blinks version is too.. listen to them lyrics..

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by iBlink

same here..

the original another girl, another planet was about heroin.. i wonder if blinks version is too.. listen to them lyrics..

I doubt it, but I'm not ruling out the possibility.

I had always been a fan before, but TOYPAJ was my first album of theirs. That was my first album purchase where I literally liked every song on the album.

Yeah... that whole album was
pimp.gif
. Blink-182 = appreciated.

great band I can't believe they've been around for this long, I must be pretty old. On a sidenote son looks terrible lately
621px-TomDeLongeByPhilKonstantin.jpg

was gonna make a new thread, but I just saw this
eek.gif

i'm so $$$! in stoked about reading this. I was watching some AVA and +44 videos of them covering old blink songs which kinda made me feel queazy yet happythat they still acknowledge the past, when I start reading the comments. Of course the talk is about all blink, and then I see someone post a few hours ago"check out MTV news"...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Is A Blink-182 Reunion In The Cards? Mark Hoppus Blogs About Hanging With Travis Barker, Tom DeLonge[/h1] [h2]Bassist keeps expectations low, but says plane crash put things in perspective: 'Life is too short.'[/h2]
By James Montgomery

[table][tr][th=""]Views[/th] [td]4,247[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h3]Comments 4[/h3] [h3]Rating 100%[/h3] [h3]Rate this article[/h3]

Last week, at the mtvU Woodie Awards, former Blink-182er (and current member of +44) Mark Hoppus spoke about his best friend and bandmate Travis Barker, who is recovering from second-and-third degree burns suffered in a September 19 plane crash that killed four people and seriously injured DJ AM.

And this week, Hoppus kept on talking - er, blogging - only this time it wasn't just about about Barker, but former Blink bandmate Tom DeLonge, too. Seems that, for the first time since Blink went on "indefinite hiatus" in February 2005, all three members have been spending time together ... which, of course, could mean that we're in the early stages of a full-on Blink reunion. Maybe.

"In the midst of everything else that has happened lately, Tom, Travis and I have all spoken together," Hoppus wrote on his official site, HiMyNameIsMark.com. First, through a number of phone calls, and then a couple of weeks ago we all hung out for a few hours. They've all been great, very positive conversations. We're just reconnecting as friends after four years of not talking. It's a good thing. Obviously the first question for a lot of people will be, 'Does this mean a Blink-182 reunion?' The answer is none of us know. We haven't talked about it at all. Right now it's just good for the three of us to see one another, reconnect and let the past be the past. The events of the past two months supersede everything that happened before. Life is too short."

Despite the public silence from Barker's former Blink-mates in the immediate wake of the crash - which lasted just a couple of weeks - this sounds very much like the hatchet being buried. And as if that news wasn't enough to send Blink fans into a tizzy, consider what Hoppus told MTV News last week, when he was asked when fans can expect a new album from his and Barker's post-Blink band, +44: "Hopefully, in the next couple months we'll see [Barker] behind the kit, I pray. No matter what I work on, Travis will be part of, for sure."

Hoppus' post wasn't entirely devoted to stoking the Blink flames. He also wrote at great length about "Little" Chris Baker and Charles "Che" Still, two of Barker's friends and associates who were killed in the crash.

"These past two months have been the hardest times that I can remember, and I hope that we never see anything like this ever again," he wrote. "Even two months later, I still can't believe what happened, and it's too much to talk about. But let me say that I think about Little Chris every single day, and the world is not the same without him. He is one of the best people I've ever known. We traveled the world together, spending countless hours on buses and planes, in hotel lobbies and dressing rooms. ... I'm so sad that he is not here right now. There are just no words."

Now of course it's not a confirmation, but just the simple fact that they're talking again makes me so excited. I recently recopped the wholediscography since I lost them from when i originally had them, and it puts me at ease listening to the tracks putting me back to simpler times. Hopefully theycan completely recover, and get back together. Their final album was such a maturing and new sound which I loved, and was looking forward to hearing themprogress. Hopefully this is the first step...

CincoSeisDos

I love you man! Real talk, no bs.

This is the news I've been waiting nearly 4 years to hear!

Anyone down for a Team Blink!?

Back
Top Bottom