Blu and Exile Appreciation Vol. Below the Heavens

Originally Posted by WITNESSS

Originally Posted by NastyNas

he needs to stay with Exile... Blu's been bouncing around doin work with other guys and some of the material just ain't cuttin it... Blu&Exile will produce maad classics if they keep working together

yeah.. Blu's other stuff aint nothing like this.. this is a fantastic. album.
There's nothing wrong with Johnson&Jonson. Lot of nice songs on that album. 
My least favorite would probably be his work with Taraach though. I'm only feeling a few songs off the C.R.A.C. Knuckles album he did with him, but it's not completely horrible.

Try not putting dude in a box though. He doesn't want to be put in one. He doesn't want to be remembered as "Blu" from "Blu & Exile".

he needs to stay with Exile... Blu's been bouncing around doin work with other guys and some of the material just ain't cuttin it... Blu&Exile will produce maad classics if they keep working together

My least favorite would probably be his work with Taraach though. I'm only feeling a few songs off the C.R.A.C. Knuckles album he did with him, but it's not completely horrible.

Try not putting dude in a box though. He doesn't want to be put in one. He doesn't want to be remembered as "Blu" from "Blu & Exile".

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

I couldn't get into that C.R.A.C. Knuck album at all, Johnson&Jonson was dope, but as somebody said earlier the Blu x Exile combo is one that needs to happen more. I have a question for everbody, I asked it last week or whenever the last appreciation post from this album was, but what is up with this "Blu has no work ethic" or "he doesn't put out enough music" talk? The first time I heard was from LC and a lot of the commenters at The Smoking Section. Dude has put out more music in the past 2-3 years than some people have put out in their entire career. The "no work ethic" talk is unwarranted IMO.

For those interested, Blu posts from my blog:

http://www.romebrown.com/search/label/Blu
http://www.romebrown.com/...h/label/JohnsonandJonson

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

I couldn't get into that C.R.A.C. Knuck album at all, Johnson&Jonson was dope, but as somebody said earlier the Blu x Exile combo is one that needs to happen more. I have a question for everbody, I asked it last week or whenever the last appreciation post from this album was, but what is up with this "Blu has no work ethic" or "he doesn't put out enough music" talk? The first time I heard was from LC and a lot of the commenters at The Smoking Section. Dude has put out more music in the past 2-3 years than some people have put out in their entire career. The "no work ethic" talk is unwarranted IMO.

For those interested, Blu posts from my blog:

http://www.romebrown.com/search/label/Blu
http://www.romebrown.com/...h/label/JohnsonandJonson

Anyone got any suggestions for his other music/mixtapes to listen to?

I listened to Her Favourite Colour this evening and it had some decent tracks but nothing special. Needed more rapping actually tons of dope wasted beats.

Anyone got any suggestions for his other music/mixtapes to listen to?

I listened to Her Favourite Colour this evening and it had some decent tracks but nothing special. Needed more rapping actually tons of dope wasted beats.

Originally Posted by headbussa123456789

One of my favorite albums EVER!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This honestly is one of my favorite albums of all time. And every time I put someone onto this album they feel the same!

Originally Posted by headbussa123456789

One of my favorite albums EVER!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This honestly is one of my favorite albums of all time. And every time I put someone onto this album they feel the same!

Great album, Blu & Exile won't be working together any time soon though.

A lot of Blu's new stuff that'll be on his album 'NoYork' is really different from all of his past stuff, even from the Johnson&Jonson Stuff. Really heavy L.A Electro beat maker influence on it, Mainframe's handling production. The overall sound is almost the opposite of Below the Heavans

Great album, Blu & Exile won't be working together any time soon though.

A lot of Blu's new stuff that'll be on his album 'NoYork' is really different from all of his past stuff, even from the Johnson&Jonson Stuff. Really heavy L.A Electro beat maker influence on it, Mainframe's handling production. The overall sound is almost the opposite of Below the Heavans

Back
Top Bottom