Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

Originally Posted by illistwun

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Any word on Bourne Identity coming to BR? I know it was an HD exclusive for a bit.

The Bourne Trilogy on BD comes out January 27th
pimp.gif

Yes sir... and Zodiac: Director's Cut as well, which I'm told is pretty good...

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

so help guys ?

wheres the best place online to purchase bluerays ? does amazon still have a deal going on ?

i saw weeds seasons for 13 bucks a few weeks ago. i missed out
I usually buy on Amazon. Free shipping. No tax. Just keep an eye out because their prices always fluctuate.

Try ebay. BIN with Cashback and get a few bucks later in return.

I wouldnt mess with BD's on ebay though... after that article that was posted (i think early in this thread) about BD variants from China
nerd.gif
mad.gif

Im sticking to Amazon and slickdeals giving the heads up at retail stores.
I have bought plenty of BD's on ebay. No problem at all. I will also continue to buy blu's on ebay,

If you have Fry's in your area, they usually have some good deals. Never buy blu's on the regular at Fry's. They charge an arm and a leg. Keep an eye out for the deals they have tho.

Yea, I sell a lot of my BD's on ebay and their all authentic. I bought one off of their also and looking to buy a few more (the ones I'm not able toget).

Check me out, my name is vps937. I would put it in my sig., but I'm not to hip to that yet
laugh.gif
, any help would be appreciated. I usually get all new releases, $20 shipped, pmme if interested. Note: they all come unsealed but they are brand new.

Alright..just bought my Blu-Ray player. The Panasonic DMP-BD35K @ Panasonic.com
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Hopefully that was a good choice, I've heard good reviews. If anyone has any feedback on it I'd appreciate it a lot

Got a blu ray and watched a few movies on it.
Dark Knight
Wanted
hancock

am i the only one who wasnt blown away by the picture?
Seems to me like blu ray is over hyped.

maybe i need to go watch a normal dvd though to see the diffrence.

I have a PS3 and 2 HDTVs. One is 1080p and one is 720p. I have watched Blu Ray movies on both and my problem is they are both widescreen tv's but I stillget black bars. This was my biggest reason for getting widescreen, because I have an attention problem and can't focus with the black bars. I'mwondering if there is a setting, where it will come in full screen, I pushed full screen on my TV remote but then the picture looks all stretched and horrible.I just don't get how a movie is filmed in widescreen and a TV is widescreen but there's still black bars.

I got Hancock and Old School for Christmas
pimp.gif

I am about to pre-order the Wedding Crashers/ 40 y.o. virgin pack
pimp.gif

So....if I have reg DVD'S.....I'd have to buy a bluray upconvert dvd player to get the blu ray effect on those reg dvd's?

I cannot wait for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to come to blu ray. I waited 6 months to see it, I'll wait another 6 months to have it.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I cannot wait for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to come to blu ray. I waited 6 months to see it, I'll wait another 6 months to have it.
You into Brad Pitt movies or something?

Originally Posted by JPZx

I saw his avy/response and was like "ayooooo"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I saw his avy/response and was like "ayooooo"

laugh.gif
Yea because having a favorite actor is homosexual
indifferent.gif

And for the most part yea, but Benjamin Button was perfect to me.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Dark Knight
Wanted
hancock

Maybe the Blu-Ray player you bought wasn't that great? Did you try to get one that is on the cheap end or whatever?

Still though, you should be able to see a pretty big improvement even if it IS one of the cheaper ones..

I'm watching Band of Brothers right now on the History Channel in HD, they're showing the whole season today. Great picture.

I'm watching Band of Brothers right now on the History Channel in HD, they're showing the whole season today. Great picture.
I was watching that on History channel earlier..

Question though..what's the difference between HD on TV and Blu-Ray? Maybe that's a stupid question, but I want to know if there's a difference..

Dark Knight
Wanted
hancock

Maybe the Blu-Ray player you bought wasn't that great? Did you try to get one that is on the cheap end or whatever?

Still though, you should be able to see a pretty big improvement even if it IS one of the cheaper ones..
250$ sony.
Like i said maybe i need to go watch a regular dvd to see the diffrence

Any chance you are watching these movies on a 22 inch tv or something? Because that really does make a difference.

Mom bought me a Memorex, not very pleased with it, but happy to have a Blu Ray nonetheless. Any ways to improve its performance? I bought a $70 HDMI cord, butmaybe I should've gotten a better one.

My Dad was probably one of the last people to be convinced that HDTV is so much better than a "regular" television.

He finally caved in during the after-Christmas sales and ended up buying one of the best TVs on the market...
laugh.gif

And because he never bought into the HD hype, I hadn't really been around HDTV all that much.

My sister watched Finding Nemo on it to test out the colors and picture, and I was totally just blown away...
eek.gif
eek.gif

Never goin' back after witnessing HD at home, and now I'm gonna start lookin' into getting one for back at my apartment.

Any chance you are watching these movies on a 22 inch tv or something? Because that really does make a difference.
Were you talking to me or Jehlers02?

anyone have the nightmare before christmas on blu ray?

bout to pick it up but i wanna know if it looks good

52 inch Toshiba DLP 1080i

That's the problem. I'm not a HDTV expert or nothing, but 1080i and 1080p is a huge difference in itself, don't think size matters as much as that.I really didn't notice until I upgraded
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom