Blu-Ray: What's the difference? How much better than DVD? Is it worth buying?

don't forget $150 off purchase off a PS3 when you apply for a Playstation Visa.

check sony's website for more info.

Anyone watch the third Mummy movie in the theater?

Well I was never really a fan of the first 2 movies and the scorpion king movie.

But wow the review for this movie on blu-ray is
roll.gif

Check it out:

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Blu-ray Review

This 'Mummy' film may leave you crying 'uncle.'
Link:

http://www.blu-ray.com/mo...hp?id=828&show=review

Good review....It basically said that while the quality of the picture and audio are top notch,the actual movie sucks...

Good lord.
i was at work today rejoicing when i realized my tv purchase was within the last 30days
the new samsung accommodation is BANANAS. i can upgrade to a 40inch and save $400
laugh.gif

or pay $30 more and get a 40" 120hz 7series
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by eteam o2

don't forget $150 off purchase off a PS3 when you apply for a Playstation Visa.

check sony's website for more info.
so if i do this
it puts the sony 350 and the ps3 at about the same price

which is the better buy?
all i know is ps3 = wifi and littlebigplanet (
smokin.gif
)

Just copped me a PS3 + HDMI cable + 40" Full HDTV.

I also have a 720p 40" - im guessing the difference between 1080p/720p isn't that distinguishable anything within 5metres or feet?

Honestly, IMO, you need to be a HDTV geek to even notice the difference in 1080p. Your average viewer is going to think both are crack either way.
laugh.gif

You're def good to go.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

This came back on Slick Deals,so get it while u can...
Discovery Channel has Planet Earth Complete Collection Set (Bluray) for $35 - $5 coupon EML2008 = $30 with free shipping. Thanks estwd

Note, this is a US version, narrated by Sigourney Weaver, and you will need to choose Standard Shipping at checkout for free shipping.

Price Comparison is listed for the original BBC version, narrated by David Attenborough

Price comparison:

Was just gonna post that...

Id almost think about copping if they had the British version on there for that price... i already own Planet Earth US version on HD DVD... somehow i think theBritish one would be cooler though
laugh.gif

Damn ill use any excuse to buy some stuff
smh.gif
smh.gif

so help guys ?

wheres the best place online to purchase bluerays ? does amazon still have a deal going on ?

i saw weeds seasons for 13 bucks a few weeks ago. i missed out

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

so help guys ?

wheres the best place online to purchase bluerays ? does amazon still have a deal going on ?

I usually buy on Amazon. Free shipping. No tax. Just keep an eye out because their prices always fluctuate.

Try ebay. BIN with Cashback and get a few bucks later in return.

yeah amazon is usually the best place for getting blu-rays
but every now and then other sites or b&m stores will have a really good deal

i myself am always checking weekly ads of best buy, circuit city etc
there are good deals to be had out there

like next week's best buy ad will have band of brothers on blu-ray for around $37.xx
i'm all over that.

and wal*mart has a ton of bd's for the cheaps...
of note is T2 for $10.
For the most part though, their $10 BD are noted for not being the greatest transfers in terms of pq
still better than dvd upscaled tho

also just bought kung-fu panda for $19.99 from wally world.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

so help guys ?

I usually buy on Amazon. Free shipping. No tax. Just keep an eye out because their prices always fluctuate.

I wouldnt mess with BD's on ebay though... after that article that was posted (i think early in this thread) about BD variants from China
nerd.gif
mad.gif

Im sticking to Amazon and slickdeals giving the heads up at retail stores.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

so help guys ?

I wouldnt mess with BD's on ebay though... after that article that was posted (i think early in this thread) about BD variants from China
nerd.gif
mad.gif

Im sticking to Amazon and slickdeals giving the heads up at retail stores.
I have bought plenty of BD's on ebay. No problem at all. I will also continue to buy blu's on ebay,

If you have Fry's in your area, they usually have some good deals. Never buy blu's on the regular at Fry's. They charge an arm and a leg. Keep aneye out for the deals they have tho.

like next week's best buy ad will have band of brothers on blu-ray for around $37.xx
i'm all over that.

of note is T2 for $10.
For the most part though, their $10 BD are noted for not being the greatest transfers in terms of pq

Please post a reminder once they get Band of Brother's for that cheap.

Also what was that site that reviews blu rays?

every couple months columbia house has a b1g1 free blu sale with free shipping and thats when i buy most of my stuff, other than that i'll cop from amazon,tower, and frys when they have good deals.

Warner Announces 10 Blu-rays for April 7th

Warner Home Video has announced that they will bring 10 of their most popular catalog titles to Blu-ray on April 7th. These titles include 'The Wedding Singer: Totally Awesome Edition', 'American History X', 'Final Destination', 'Point of No Return', 'Taking Lives: Extended Cut', 'Tango & Cash', '2010: The Year We Made Contact', 'Above the Law', 'John Q ', and 'Collateral Damage'.

American History X
smokin.gif
though I must admit, watching this in HD mightnot be necessary..

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

i'm all over that.

of note is T2 for $10.

Please post a reminder once they get Band of Brother's for that cheap.

Also what was that site that reviews blu rays?

I got Band Of Brothers like a month afgo for $41 shipped from dvdplanet or something like that....after some 40% off code
pimp.gif

Yea i got my Band of Brothers from Amazon.com for like $41 also... actually i told my girlfriend about it and a amazon package came a few days later
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You could buy Terminator 1 and 2 on blu ray on Amazon for $30 shipped. I haven't seen either films so I ordered.

T1 & T2 should both be $10 at your local walmarts.

anyone doing the live screening tonight of TDK with Christopher Nolan?? Starts in about half an hour.

I submitted a few questions already, hope they get answered. Even asked him to shout out NT in one. lol

But if anyone has any questions they'd like asked- I'll send away and see if they get answered.

BD-Live
pimp.gif

Terminator 1 is 2 dollars more expensive than Amazon, whereas Terminator 2 is only 49 cents more on Amazon. And on Amazon you get free shipping and youdon't support Satan.

Back
Top Bottom