Blue Jean Stains

yeah, some of the best, more expensive, demin is raw selvedge and it's BAD about bleeding onto shoes.

always make sure you give your jeans a good wash before wearing them with anything that can stain

sometimes i just rub nail polish remover jus a lil doe n it works perfect

if you cuff the jeans, it helps to prevent indigo stains. plus you can show off your selvage edge haha

Originally Posted by gabrielo0

always make sure you give your jeans a good wash before wearing them with anything that can stain

You know you can't be cool if you wash your clothes or take the tags off. smh @ people who do that.

heres is my issue with washing
often times when you wash a jean the quality detiorates and you can never get it to look near as nice as they once were.
wash them and a "perfect" outfit may loose its perfection
i've even had times where after multiple washing the pants continued to bleed.
it'd be nice if they could come up with some type of device/spray/fabric that just prevented this all out.
i've retired too many kicks do to this problem in the past which is why for the most part i just buy darker kicks most of the time.

yeah, i've got a pair of designer jeans that bleed and i've washed them a million times.

that's how raw selvedge is...

what i do is cuff 'em and put white masking tape on the inside of my jeans where they touch the shoe. i haven't had many problems since doing this...

i'm wondering if you could spray ultra protector on the jeans themselve and that may prevent it too. there's another product my boy mentioned thatmight work as well, i'll find out and post it here.

Originally Posted by abernja

There is a much, much easier way of cleaning any blue jean stain that is on leather.

And it's mad easy too. No science projects full of hot steaming irons or chemicals needed.

Stop by your local FINL store and pick this up.

Drum roll please....................

41317687.jpg

Thank me later. I guarantee it will work. Peace.

that works pretty good, I would just keep that away from any leather... those ruined my lazer blue AM90s... they're just good to use on mesh or any clothmaterial

my boy thinks scotch guard is worth a shot. says if you put it directly on the jeans it might lock the blue in so it won't rub off on the shoe.

i'll actually try that out.
this topic actually gave me a great idea.
idk if it'll actually work out, but hey why not?

Usually get jean stains out wit 1 part toothbrush, 1 part bar soap and warm water, 3 parts elbow grease...and that usually does the trick for me..also I needto try that magic eraser...see if it gets the job done

I used to get stains on my jeans when I wasn't really into sneakers. But now when I wear jeans w/ dye in em, I put two layers of packing tape on the insideof my jeans where they will lay on my sneakers. Haven't had problems sense, even in rain. But try the Magic Eraser and the Oxy Sport Stick.

i use acetone and a little bit of wool for jeans stains. it works very well and it doesn`t affect the color from my shoes. of course i didn`t use it on nubuck or suede.

FYI, spray the inside of the pant leg that will come in contact with your sneakers with water proofer from footaction, footlocker ect. No need for taping or cleaning anymore!

totally awesome, its this yellow liquid, its very strong, you will have to dillute it, you must have more water than the cleaning liquid itself, it works very good, its just really important to mix it with water first... but im warning you, it really workks, it might take the color off the leather if you dont use it right

Originally Posted by Alex25

i use acetone and a little bit of wool for jeans stains. it works very well and it doesn`t affect the color from my shoes. of course i didn`t use it on nubuck or suede.
indifferent.gif

2 yr old thread?

like someone earlier said, u gotta wash the jeans like 2-3 times to get the excess off, 1st time. was a pain in the a-- when i was younger....i wear lighter colored sneakers occasionaly but now its mainly black shoes so its not that much a problem

having jeans stains on your sneakers means that you've failed as an NTer...
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jphonix

what i do is cuff 'em and put white masking tape on the inside of my jeans where they touch the shoe. i haven't had many problems since doing this...  
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I put two layers of packing tape on the inside of my jeans where they will lay on my sneakers.  

co-sign...the taping method really works...

Back
Top Bottom