BMW 4-Series (former 3-Series Coupe) - M3/M4 = 430HP Twin-Turbo I6

Welp. Good think the M4 will be out a few months before my Audi S4 lease is up. And i just might have to finally leave Audi for this one (gonna be tough, i love audi). My GAWD that thing looks beautiful. a Mini 6 series. 

I wonder what its gonna look like with the M sport package. 

now for da REAL question, whats da powerplant lookin like?

as it stands, nothing is gonna touch that N/A V8 da current M3 rocks, heard it one another engine award this year.
i know what it is, but i dont think im allowed to leak info yet..
glasses.gif

lets just say, its an inline 6, and its of course not naturally aspirated..

but the way it will be forced induction will blow your mind! first time BMW will use this method. atleast thats the info ive been given..

its supposed to weigh less than the current E9x m3, have about 100 more torque ( from good ol fashioned force induction) and have a decent increase in horsepower. also more efficient as well!

weird part is, its being named the F80 which really confuses me

Last edited:
The sedan will be the M3
The coupe will be the M4
Much like how theres an M5 and next years M6.. Same concept.
correct, however.. the tricky part is that i believe the 4 series will have a "gran coupe" just like the 6 does. so there will be a 4 door 4 series..

eek.gif

^

Ive heard that too, which doesnt make sense cause then a 4 door version of the 4 series would be...the 3 series? What the hell BMW.
laugh.gif

BMW needs to get rid of the whole Gran Coupe/Touring line.
Thats whats gonna confuse everyone and disrupt the whole concept.
Just bring the 8 series back properly. The 4 is straight, it really is a baby 6.

Any idea when these will be available for purchase? I was going to get a '13 335i Coupe in the next couple months but I could hold out for one of these if its in the next 6 months... 

Any idea when these will be available for purchase? I was going to get a '13 335i Coupe in the next couple months but I could hold out for one of these if its in the next 6 months... 
i'd expect anywhere from late 2013 to early-mid 2014..

I don't like German cars particularly but the M4 is going to look mean with some black HRE P40s. I can feel the desire already.

how can you not like german cars?

please elaborate?

that just doesnt make sense to me.

i'd expect anywhere from late 2013 to early-mid 2014..
Thanks for the head's up. Looks like I'll be leasing a 13 and copping a 4 series in 39 months. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Price point is off. I was never into the nicer interiors or the badge so I couldn't justify why one would own one over a comparable domestic or Japanese car. I'm not saying they're bad cars, but for the money they go for, I'd take many other cars over them.

For example the 328i was around $38k, for comparable cars I got to drive the Evo X, Camaro SS, Challenger RT and liked those cars a lot more. I got to ride in an e92 M3 and it was a great car, but not something I'd pay for if I had that kind of money.
totally understandable. the price for an entry level german car is very high but justifiable once you realize what kind of technology is offered, especially as standard equipment compared to american/japanese cars. and im not talkin about airbags!

i used to think it was just the "badge" that made it cost alot, and thought bmw sold a 3 series for 40k because they can. But man.. the technology is leaps and bounds ahead of the americans. the japanese are catching up, but german cars are still superior in virtually every possible category.

I absolutely HATE the headlights. I thought the new F10 headlights would grow on me, but nope. The e92 headlights > The rest of the car is nice, the back end is mean. Im sure the interior is going to be amazing since the current 3 series interior is seriously beautiful.

View media item 159629

>>>

this. down the middle on the backside. they shouldn't have changed the exhaust. the angel eyes should be a permanent bmw design. :smh: i wish i had em on my WRX. makes headlights to awesome.

looked amazing till I saw how small it was in comparison to the men next to it.

do we have the spec on it compared to an Audi in size? 8)

Undoubtedly, and the interiors are as I said, nicer than the American/Japanese ones.

Still, all I really want in a car is a manual, AWD, turbo and the Subaru WRX/STI and Evo fit that bill nicely. The Dodge Dart SRT4 is supposed to come out in a year or so and it's being rumored to have 300hp with an AWD drivetrain to compete with the STI/Evo, which should be interesting.
audi a4 2.0T?
happy.gif

but yeah sometimes I wish german cars had more "simple" cars that are at the entry level price. I too wouldnt mind a RWD 6speed 3 series with cloth seats and an inline 6 engine for.. under 30 grand brand new! im not too fond of the 1 series except the 1M which is a masterpiece!

looked amazing till I saw how small it was in comparison to the men next to it.
do we have the spec on it compared to an Audi in size? 8)

In comparison to the current 3-series coupe, the 4-series rides on a two-inch-longer wheelbase, adds 1.7 inches of width, and is just over half an inch shorter in height.

I like the aggressive look. The M4 (sounds terrible) should be an amazing piece of machinery once it's released. I wish the M Division would equip the M4 with a high revving naturally aspirated I6 but I'm sure it's going to come from the factory with boost (maybe a retuned version of the Twin-Scroll N55).

This is a real mercedes benz-esque move by bimmer in my opinion

And im a huge fan of bimmer too 

Back
Top Bottom