BMW

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

Lexus >

church... only reason why people try to spray Lexus is because theyre made by Toyota. Lexus GS 460 owner = #bawse that knows how to buy luxury whips that are reliable and retain value.

whats wrong with toyota though??? 

Nothing. People just have a mind-set that buying a Lexus is pretty much paying for an overprice Toyota.

anyone have suggestions on good bmw forums? seriously I wanna get some more info on some

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by RFX45

Performance in what each dominates/best at:
BMW: 3-Series,  M3 & M5
Benz: S-Class, S63/S65, SLS
Audi: R8
Lexus: G350 F-Sport
Porsche: Boxster/Cayman
When did Porsche stopped making the 911?
exactly the 911 will kill most other euro cars 

Originally Posted by odog24

exactly the 911 will kill most other euro cars 
What might be confusing on my post is that I put the cars the class the brand dominates or best at, performance-wise. First off, Porsche shouldn't be in the competition because they do not really complete with every class those other cars does. Second, the 911 has too many versions. 
But even if we look at the new 911 that starts at $82k, a sports coupe. What does it compete with? 

SL? It's a roadster and starts at $20k more.  

S5? Nope, that's against the ISF, E92 and C63 AMG coupe. 

R8? Nope, cost a lot more. 

640? Perhaps but it is $10k less and it is bigger, ~16" longer and ~5" wider.

Lexus? Nothing. Acura? Nothing. Infiniti? Nothing.

So really, it's hard to compare the 911 to anything in the discussion. Maybe a GTR but even that is a supercar status and $10k more than the 911 now. 

But if we really think about it, the 911 really won't kill every one of those if price is considered. The M3 is $20k less than the new 911 and it'll give it a good run for it's money.

LFA? nope cost alot more.

That is an understatement. 
roll.gif

Funny thing is Lexus is planning on making a new one that is faster and better and more limited so the price will likely go to Veyron range.

Nothing. People just have a mind-set that buying a Lexus is pretty much paying for an overprice Toyota.
exactly
my mom got the 2013 GS, nothing is "overpriced toyota" about it when youre inside

great interior an that 12.3 screen is serious, its very technologically advanced. awesome features.

Bmws are cool. Id cop if they were more reliable only the m cars thoguh. My lil cousin trying to sell his 3 series right now... that thing has had problem after problem since he bought it 5 months ago. I don't consider lexus to be upgraded toyotas...maybe in the past but... they doing there own thing. Ls 460 probably the most reliable luxury whip out.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

exactly
my mom got the 2013 GS, nothing is "overpriced toyota" about it when youre inside

great interior an that 12.3 screen is serious, its very technologically advanced. awesome features.
The GS350 FSport actually beat the M37S, A6 and 535i in MotorTrend comparo.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1206_six_cylinder_midsize_luxury_sedans/

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Lexus >

laugh.gif
 The upgraded Toyotas

I think BMW is the best, I've been around the block and I would say

1) BMW

2) Benz

3) Audi (Audi is really catching up)

4) Infiniti

5) Lexus
i can tell you haven't driven one...nothing drives smoother than a lexus.  its like being on a cloud
Yea I can tell you don't respect opinions.
First car I've ever had was an ES300, I now have e92 335i. Lexus are a smooth ride, to me a little too smooth. I like the stiffness and control of a BMW or Audi. I'd never go back to Lexus again, I've driven Camry's also and I can't tell the difference, especially with an ES. Infiniti passed them a couple years ago. 

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Bmws are cool. Id cop if they were more reliable only the m cars thoguh. My lil cousin trying to sell his 3 series right now... that thing has had problem after problem since he bought it 5 months ago. I don't consider lexus to be upgraded toyotas...maybe in the past but... they doing there own thing. Ls 460 probably the most reliable luxury whip out.

lexus has the most reliable cars on the road period
and current audis are more reliable than BMW right now also

which BMW does your lil cousin have? (year/model)

Originally Posted by bleach

laugh.gif
 The upgraded Toyotas

I think BMW is the best, I've been around the block and I would say

1) BMW

2) Benz

3) Audi (Audi is really catching up)

4) Infiniti

5) Lexus
i can tell you haven't driven one...nothing drives smoother than a lexus.  its like being on a cloud
Yea I can tell you don't respect opinions.
First car I've ever had was an ES300, I now have e92 335i. Lexus are a smooth ride, to me a little too smooth. I like the stiffness and control of a BMW or Audi. I'd never go back to Lexus again, I've driven Camry's also and I can't tell the difference, especially with an ES. Infiniti passed them a couple years ago. 

Drive a Corolla and then an ISF, heck even just an IS350. I'm sure you'll change your mind about Lexus.

I only put the Porsche because it's the clear competitor and clear winner over the SLK, TT and Z4. Overall, I tried to exclude Porsche because they do not really have a price point low enough to compete with other classes like the other brands are competing in. If the price-point were higher, like just start it at around $90k, Porsche 911, turbo, GT3RS, GT2RS, Panamera Turbo S, etc... would likely dominate. 
I don't get your reasoning because you still have the Audi R8, SLS included for Audi and Mercedes, both of which go for 100k+

Everyone is always talking abut the new 5series. Some people love it, some people don't care for it too much. But to me, the new 3series
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2012-BMW-3-Series-642-2.jpg

2012-BMW-3-Series-642-3.jpg

The new interior is WAY better than the e90's...and I have an e92, but this $%%! right here
pimp.gif

2012-BMW-3-Series-642-4.jpg

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Everyone is always talking abut the new 5series. Some people love it, some people don't care for it too much. But to me, the new 3series
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2012-BMW-3-Series-642-2.jpg
da new 3 series is HIDEOUS

audi and da new benz vehicles lookin way better....

da current gen 3 series looks alot better now.

I only put the Porsche because it's the clear competitor and clear winner over the SLK, TT and Z4. Overall, I tried to exclude Porsche because they do not really have a price point low enough to compete with other classes like the other brands are competing in. If the price-point were higher, like just start it at around $90k, Porsche 911, turbo, GT3RS, GT2RS, Panamera Turbo S, etc... would likely dominate. 
I don't get your reasoning because you still have the Audi R8, SLS included for Audi and Mercedes, both of which go for 100k+
Like I said, I tried not including Porsche in the list and only limited it to BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Infiniti and Acura. The main reason I put The Boxster/Cayman is simply it is clearly the best of the other 3 convertibles. 
And as I said in my other reply, the 911 doesn't really compete with anything. Then you'd have to consider all the other 911s and that just get more and more complicated. I could go more into detail then other cars has to get into the equation too like Astons, Jaguar, Maserati and even Ferrari. (iirc the California is around $180k, about the same as the SLS). 

So for my reply, just consider that I was just comparing those 6 and just let the Boxster/Cayman slip for that one segment. 

Back
Top Bottom