Bo Jackson's TRAINER SC HIGH White/grey/LIGHTNING set to release July '11

These are clean. Would cop when they hit sales/outlets just because i dont have any yellow sneakers but with the white/grey/yellow 90's and 95's slated to release soon I doubt these will be picked up

These look photochopped. Regardless, I agree if they are a real release, no thanks.  The material quality is terrible on these retros. I learned my lesson on the wht/varsity red/blk joints from last year....

These look photochopped. Regardless, I agree if they are a real release, no thanks.  The material quality is terrible on these retros. I learned my lesson on the wht/varsity red/blk joints from last year....

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Just me or does the midsole look off?  Would this have been better with that Citron color from the SC2? I mean this looks more true yellow or lemon.  Maybe I am just having a bad day.  For novices like myself, what is Villa Wally?
The pair from a looks and color perspective looks spot on. Then again, it looks like it may be a PS? It looks somewhat too yellow on the midsole with no definition. i'll have to look into that.I've never seen then give out bad info, so we'll see.
ohwell.gif

Corgishoe has a first edition retro. There's just something special about the sheen that is given off of the webtec material on the OGs/early retros. The new stuff is straight garbage
dscn9797.jpg

Villa is a sneaker shop based out of Philadelphia. They had some early photos of some of the SC II trainers too.

There was a 'volt' sc trainer earlier this year
nike-air-trainer-sc-high-white-metallic-silver-black-volt-302346-123-02.jpg

Not exactly the same with the black elements up there

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

agreed, but why report garbage that you personally won't co-sign? way to show brotherhood lol
I've been doing this for years. I tend to voice my opinion once or twice in a thread and then let people like what they like, and buy what they want

I may just actually perform a midsole swap
57015d4e6dc2c9b941074a2232d2a359369990a_r.JPG

Just me or does the midsole look off?  Would this have been better with that Citron color from the SC2? I mean this looks more true yellow or lemon.  Maybe I am just having a bad day.  For novices like myself, what is Villa Wally?
The pair from a looks and color perspective looks spot on. Then again, it looks like it may be a PS? It looks somewhat too yellow on the midsole with no definition. i'll have to look into that.I've never seen then give out bad info, so we'll see.
ohwell.gif

Corgishoe has a first edition retro. There's just something special about the sheen that is given off of the webtec material on the OGs/early retros. The new stuff is straight garbage
dscn9797.jpg

Villa is a sneaker shop based out of Philadelphia. They had some early photos of some of the SC II trainers too.

There was a 'volt' sc trainer earlier this year
nike-air-trainer-sc-high-white-metallic-silver-black-volt-302346-123-02.jpg

Not exactly the same with the black elements up there

Originally Posted by only HoHs collected

agreed, but why report garbage that you personally won't co-sign? way to show brotherhood lol
I've been doing this for years. I tend to voice my opinion once or twice in a thread and then let people like what they like, and buy what they want

I may just actually perform a midsole swap
57015d4e6dc2c9b941074a2232d2a359369990a_r.JPG

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by blacklion23

These are nice! Is that a OG colorway?
Kinda a re-retro of one of the many popular retro+ colorways they did in 98-00.

But that's when they were done right...

Would rather go to DE and pay 130 for a '99 pair, or wait til 29.99 @ Outlets again.

The changes material wise on new Bos is just disgusting.

Sorry, but what is DE?

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by blacklion23

These are nice! Is that a OG colorway?
Kinda a re-retro of one of the many popular retro+ colorways they did in 98-00.

But that's when they were done right...

Would rather go to DE and pay 130 for a '99 pair, or wait til 29.99 @ Outlets again.

The changes material wise on new Bos is just disgusting.

Sorry, but what is DE?

Wally, the webtec reflective is really nice and gives it a "special" touch for sure.  A big problem with the trainer SC2 that we have seen with this year's retros so far.  That little attention to detail would go such a long way to "winning" retro and trainer fans over, and yet NIKE just can't seem to figure it out.  Such a shame. Fortunately, I will probably sleep on this CW if it drops just as I did with the auburn BOs, only to find them lingering around outlets and the like thereafter.

Wally, the webtec reflective is really nice and gives it a "special" touch for sure.  A big problem with the trainer SC2 that we have seen with this year's retros so far.  That little attention to detail would go such a long way to "winning" retro and trainer fans over, and yet NIKE just can't seem to figure it out.  Such a shame. Fortunately, I will probably sleep on this CW if it drops just as I did with the auburn BOs, only to find them lingering around outlets and the like thereafter.

agreed

too bad 'cause it's the best non OG color Bo's

6h5dyfq.jpg

agreed

too bad 'cause it's the best non OG color Bo's

6h5dyfq.jpg

Wally, the webtec reflective is really nice and gives it a "special" touch for sure. 

It's "special" because its the way its supposed to be.  The shoe was always initially a hit -- from "hoods" to workout dudes.  And the retros from 99-01 that were o.g.-like in colorway, we couldn't keep on the shelves.  gray/yellow, royal/gray, burg/gray, carolina blue/gray, etc. Nike being cheap has really hurt the shoe overall appearance wise...

WallyHoop wrote:

The new stuff is straightgarbage

They've never been one to falsify info from what I've see. I think indeed it is a PS. So with that in mind I asked our neighborhood rep and got confirmation of a White/Light Zen Grey/Graphite/Lemon 302346-109 model with an expected release date of July 8th.

So with no true photo of them now, we can maybe hope quality has changed from the past 10 models since 2009, or just expect it to be like the photoshop.. I guess we wait.

yea definitely photoshopped, I'm interested in the outcome of these though and at the very least glad to see nike sticking with some simple color combo's and good color blocking

The lack of quality material is probably as much if not more of deterrent than the terrible c/w's of retroes.

Back
Top Bottom