Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

is it just me or does this show make me want to smoke cigarettes?
Nope.

I'm used to it though since I watch Mad Men, they smoke in every damn scene during that show
laugh.gif
.  Makes you think the 60's was one big cigarette fest.

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

is it just me or does this show make me want to smoke cigarettes?
Nope.

I'm used to it though since I watch Mad Men, they smoke in every damn scene during that show
laugh.gif
.  Makes you think the 60's was one big cigarette fest.

I had no cable the last two weeks of the season.. but I finally caught up on demand this weekend.. all I can say is wow
eek.gif
. What a great season.. I'm hoping for golden globe/Emmy awards.

roll.gif
at what happened to Van Alden with the pregnancy.. and him killin his partner
eek.gif

I wish next season would start in January
frown.gif

I had no cable the last two weeks of the season.. but I finally caught up on demand this weekend.. all I can say is wow
eek.gif
. What a great season.. I'm hoping for golden globe/Emmy awards.

roll.gif
at what happened to Van Alden with the pregnancy.. and him killin his partner
eek.gif

I wish next season would start in January
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

I forgot Rothstein put that life insurance policy on them D'Alstio (sp?) brothers.
So it was nothing for him to give up a mil really. Bout to watch the whole season
again to catch up on the minor details.
Watch the scene where Jimmy is with the guy that killed the **!$## and look at the lighting on Jimmy's face.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

I forgot Rothstein put that life insurance policy on them D'Alstio (sp?) brothers.
So it was nothing for him to give up a mil really. Bout to watch the whole season
again to catch up on the minor details.
Watch the scene where Jimmy is with the guy that killed the **!$## and look at the lighting on Jimmy's face.

Rothstein had $500,000 life insurance on each DeLessio brother.  Giving up their locations = 500K x 4 = 2 Mill - 1 Mill to Nucky = 1 Million AND he got off the indictment.  Nucky thought he got a good deal, but Rothstein definitely came out with the better deal 
pimp.gif

And, I read some speculation a few pages back that someone was taking Nucky's 1 million but it was just Eddie, his assistant, and one of his collector's (not sure of name).

screenshot_02.jpg

screenshot_03.jpg

Bonus - Chalky's girl:
screenshot_05.jpg

Rothstein had $500,000 life insurance on each DeLessio brother.  Giving up their locations = 500K x 4 = 2 Mill - 1 Mill to Nucky = 1 Million AND he got off the indictment.  Nucky thought he got a good deal, but Rothstein definitely came out with the better deal 
pimp.gif

And, I read some speculation a few pages back that someone was taking Nucky's 1 million but it was just Eddie, his assistant, and one of his collector's (not sure of name).

screenshot_02.jpg

screenshot_03.jpg

Bonus - Chalky's girl:
screenshot_05.jpg

pimp.gif

[h1]Big win for 'Boardwalk' at Golden Globes[/h1][h2]Show nabs two trophies at kudofest[/h2]
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

globes2011_buscemi.jpg

Steve Buscemi

globes2011_parsons.jpg

Jim Parsons

globes2011_sagal.jpg

Katey Sagal

WE RECOMMEND...

[h2]RELATED ARTICLES[/h2]
Pour one neat for HBO's "Boardwalk Empire," the Prohibition-era drama that uncorked a big Golden Globes win on Sunday night.
"Boardwalk" helped give HBO another solid night, as the network won four awards -- easily the most of any network. The freshman breakout scored two Glo bes at the kudofest, including drama. But the night's big victor was Fox's "Glee," which repeated as best comedy and picked up both supporting thesp awards.

In the case of "Boardwalk," the Globes became the first major awards show to honor the 1920s-set Atlantic City drama.

"I am pretty confident that I speak for everyone onstage when I say, 'Holy effing

crap. We just won a Golden Globe,'??" said series creator Terence Winter.

Not only did the show win for best drama, but star Steve Buscemi won his first-ever Golden Globe -- picking up the best actor in a drama award for his portrayal of fictional 1920s Atlantic City politico Enoch "Nucky" Thompson.

"I hope we do it for years and years and years," Buscemi said.

"Boardwalk" also repped the end of "Mad Men's" three-year streak atop the drama pile at the Globes. Had "Mad Men" won again, it would have repped the first show to ever win a best series category at the Globes for four straight years.

The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. has a reputation for rewarding new series before the TV Acad gets a chance (such as "Glee" last year). "Boardwalk" continues that trend.

"Boardwalk" helped give HBO another solid night, as the network won four awards -- easily the most of any network. Fox was a close second, besting all broadcasters with three awards (thanks to "Glee"), followed by one each for FX, Showtime, CBS and Sundance.

pimp.gif

[h1]Big win for 'Boardwalk' at Golden Globes[/h1][h2]Show nabs two trophies at kudofest[/h2]
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

globes2011_buscemi.jpg

Steve Buscemi

globes2011_parsons.jpg

Jim Parsons

globes2011_sagal.jpg

Katey Sagal

WE RECOMMEND...

[h2]RELATED ARTICLES[/h2]
Pour one neat for HBO's "Boardwalk Empire," the Prohibition-era drama that uncorked a big Golden Globes win on Sunday night.
"Boardwalk" helped give HBO another solid night, as the network won four awards -- easily the most of any network. The freshman breakout scored two Glo bes at the kudofest, including drama. But the night's big victor was Fox's "Glee," which repeated as best comedy and picked up both supporting thesp awards.

In the case of "Boardwalk," the Globes became the first major awards show to honor the 1920s-set Atlantic City drama.

"I am pretty confident that I speak for everyone onstage when I say, 'Holy effing

crap. We just won a Golden Globe,'??" said series creator Terence Winter.

Not only did the show win for best drama, but star Steve Buscemi won his first-ever Golden Globe -- picking up the best actor in a drama award for his portrayal of fictional 1920s Atlantic City politico Enoch "Nucky" Thompson.

"I hope we do it for years and years and years," Buscemi said.

"Boardwalk" also repped the end of "Mad Men's" three-year streak atop the drama pile at the Globes. Had "Mad Men" won again, it would have repped the first show to ever win a best series category at the Globes for four straight years.

The Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. has a reputation for rewarding new series before the TV Acad gets a chance (such as "Glee" last year). "Boardwalk" continues that trend.

"Boardwalk" helped give HBO another solid night, as the network won four awards -- easily the most of any network. Fox was a close second, besting all broadcasters with three awards (thanks to "Glee"), followed by one each for FX, Showtime, CBS and Sundance.

[h1]
laugh.gif
 fiction meets reality
[/h1][h1]HBO Star DENIED from Awards Party -- TOO DRUNK[/h1]
1/17/2011 7:36 AM PST by TMZ Staff  

One of the stars from "Boardwalk Empire" was so HAMMERED after the "Golden Globes" last night ... she was rejected from a "GG" afterparty -- and then FELL DOWN as she tried to stumble to her car. 

Paz de la Huerta -- who plays Lucy Danziger on the HBO show -- was wearing her "Globes" dress and an "I'm SLOSHED" look on her face when she tried to get into a party at the Chateau Marmont. 

Once the doorman told her she was too drunk to enter, Paz (and a guy who was basically propping her up) began to walk away ... when they both collapsed under the weight of her booziness -- leaving a serious RIP in the back of her dress. 

Think she's hungover this morning? 

[h1]
laugh.gif
 fiction meets reality
[/h1][h1]HBO Star DENIED from Awards Party -- TOO DRUNK[/h1]
1/17/2011 7:36 AM PST by TMZ Staff  

One of the stars from "Boardwalk Empire" was so HAMMERED after the "Golden Globes" last night ... she was rejected from a "GG" afterparty -- and then FELL DOWN as she tried to stumble to her car. 

Paz de la Huerta -- who plays Lucy Danziger on the HBO show -- was wearing her "Globes" dress and an "I'm SLOSHED" look on her face when she tried to get into a party at the Chateau Marmont. 

Once the doorman told her she was too drunk to enter, Paz (and a guy who was basically propping her up) began to walk away ... when they both collapsed under the weight of her booziness -- leaving a serious RIP in the back of her dress. 

Think she's hungover this morning? 

Just started watching this, LOVE it so far.
pimp.gif

Jimmy is THAT dude... dude just DGAF!

Only up to episode 10, gonna finish the last 2 off tonight.

Just started watching this, LOVE it so far.
pimp.gif

Jimmy is THAT dude... dude just DGAF!

Only up to episode 10, gonna finish the last 2 off tonight.

Back
Top Bottom