Boardwalk Empire (season 2) thread Vol. Season 1 Blu-Ray 1/10 *Best Buy 2 per store?!*

Originally Posted by richyung412

Someone school me on this... What is this show about?
Early stages of organized crime and political bosses of the 1920s starting with Prohibition. Steve Buscemi is the main political boss/treasurer of Atlantic City, and the show features numerous real-life characters and major players in organized crime from the time. Created by Terence Winter who wrote and produced a lot of The Sopranos episodes and also produced by Martin Scorsese.

Anyone else peeped how Jimmy apparently knew that Angela was muff diving? He said something to the effect of "I can be the ma...person you want me to be." I think he was ok with her messing with +###!% cause he wasn't around to love her and better a broad than a dude.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Anyone else peeped how Jimmy apparently knew that Angela Margaret was muff diving? He said something to the effect of "I can be the ma...person you want me to be." I think he was ok with her messing with !$%%$! cause he wasn't around to love her and better a broad than a dude.

Peeped it.

Or maybe he knew Manny or someone in his camp would be coming to see him. So he said let me get out of here and let Angela deal with this bull

Yeah I caught that too. Not surprising given how okay he's with w/e guy is banging his moms. I like the perspective though, son is mad aloof.

The one reason I didn't like about what Manny did is yes his face was seen and I pretty much knew he was gonna kill Angela after he accidentally killed the female but the way it went down when she was pleading for her life made me wonder if he'd go far enough to kill Jimmy's son if he was in the house too. Once he made the mistake he could've controlled the situation so that Angela didn't see his face and just dip after asking questions but somehow getting winged and not even knowing for sure if Jimmy called the hit or not.

Keep in mind Jimmy just said to Waxy ok do w/e you want with Manny aint got shh to do with me. Hope Jimmy messes with his head about that before he kills him slowly. Plus the way I look at it since things aren't working out in AC and I don't they will for Jimmy he could form a better alliance with Waxy or take out Waxy and try to run Philly.

I also just hate that Jimmy has got what he wanted and he's all of a sudden not the cool calm and collective boss that was impressing Torio in the Chi. To me it's like he knows his ascension didn't come the way he wanted it, he still has his father and his legacy looming over him, his allies are insufferable a-holes (except Lansky), and he aint really getting a release anywhere else as the boss, plus he probably is insecure about Nuck saying he doesn't even know the rules of the game let alone how to play it.

The ending and extra shots to the head.
eek.gif

I think some of us get so caught up with this "honor code"within organized crime from an outside prospective. If I'm a sociopath and you make an attempt on my life. Best believe, nobody is safe. Perhaps, a more level headed individual like Nucky or AR doesn't make that call but we've seen what Manny is capable of in that shop. The idea of the lingering debt and the assassination attempt brewing in his mind meant no limit.

Edit: Any news about the first season hitting Blu Ray? a must cop for me. Edit: Jan 10, 2012)

eek.gif
 @ the ending. Manny is ruthless.

Another good episode.

Jimmy's life has been downhill every since he came into "power".

Big J, I remember Chalky mentioned that each worker was to get a nickel raise when he was negotiating with Jimmy.

Looking forward to seeing how the season ends.

Originally Posted by toine2983

eek.gif

Big J, I remember Chalky mentioned that each worker was to get a nickel raise when he was negotiating with Jimmy.

I just rewatched it, no mention of a raise in the convo between Chalky and Jimmy.. but Jimmy did mention the nickel raise in the meeting with the Commodore, Eli, and the rest. So maybe the nickel raise was assumed or understood, but if not I think it's interesting to notice.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Edit: Any news about the first season hitting Blu Ray? a must cop for me. Edit: Jan 10, 2012)
A definite I.O.U. Christmas gift I will be asking for
laugh.gif
. I wonder why it's not releasing in time for Christmas though?

can't wait to see how Jimmy will rebound after his wife's murder. We've seen Nucky and Chalkie crumbling with the circumstances and pressures surrounding each one. Now it's Jimmy's turn. Nucky seems to have rebounded especially after his dad's death. Chalkie seems to be coming back leading the strike. Still remembered his bottoming out when he took it out on his daughter's date at the dinner table. 
laugh.gif

who's going to take Manny out? Jimmy is the obvious choice but I got Harrow. He had an emotional connection with Angela and won't like the news.

I laughed out loud after Margaret slaps the little boy, he starts crying, and Nucky walks in surprised like,...."you were just praying!".

Back
Top Bottom