Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

Benny Siegel went HAM. Shooting everything that moved. I'm glad Rosetti survived it, its way to early to kill his character off. Let the war begin.

Nucky looks so weak with his side chick

Nucky's butler is funny as hell every time he's on camera :lol:

I forgot uncle junior from the Sopranos was on here.

Last edited:
Caught up on the last two episodes last night.. Damn is an understatement.. really liking the direction of this season.. cant wait for tonight :nerd:

ya think gyp is gonna survive the season?

gretchen mol is so bad :pimp:

Last edited:
I don't think he makes it. Too many moving parts concerning characters that are based on actual people. Can't spend over a season on gyp.

Btw 2 ways I see his character going out

One is with some female choking him out. Maybe too on the nose

Two is he will be the bootlegger that they arrest to show the justice department actually catches some. Bill from king of the hill was talking about getting one of them to sacrifice. In that case maybe he sticks around

Yeah, I'm with Dub.. Gyp is great but there's so much potential with the real life characters that a season of Gyp is enough.

I think some of you guys missed the genius in the Chalky/Pearnsly/Cantor scene. They set it up perfectly. When Nucky is trying to convince Cantor to help Billy out and Nucky says "you know what the show needs?" Cantor interrupts him and says "some dub prantzing around like a schvartze" and does the whole c o o n hands. He basically made a racially insensitive joke. Schvartze is yiddish for n_. So Nuck turns around and send Chalky and Pearnsly not only to intimidate him but also to give them the opportunity to turn the tables on Cantor if you will. They say in the room they don't get to see Cantor because the places he plays basically don't allow colored people. So a private show with Cantor is unheard of. A more likely scenario would be for them as blacks to be shucking and jiving on a stage for HIS amusement. That's why they didn't just make him do what Nucky wants but instead took it a step further and made him do a song and dance that they clearly had no interest in. It was a powerful moment for them. As exemplified by them insisting on being called Mr. White and Mr. Pearnsly. The whole scene was an empowering role reversal, expertly executed.
This had to be a top 3 episode overall for me. So many noteworthy things happened. We got to see how much of a psycho Gyp really is in that first scene. Then in the argument between Nuck and Rothstein, Rothstein finally takes off his poker face and lets Nuck know exactly what he's thinking. Nuck jabs back and lets him know that he's not for play either. I think they both needed that moment of honesty so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings in the future. It allowed them to focus on Gyp. And if you go back and look, when Rothstein is at the table with Gyp and Gyp tells the paperboy where to bring the paper Rothstein drops his pokerface again for just a second as he sees the window of opportunity materialize (basically linking the Nucky argument scene to the shootout scene). Rothstein doesn't like to get his hands dirty but he will if he has to. There was likely an agreement btwn Nuck and Rothstein b4 he left Nuck's place. Owen telling Nucky the results at the end pretty much confirms that. And the shootout scene was on some Scorsese x Tarantino :wow: The way it happened and the way they filmed it was top notch. Gyp walking down the hallway buck naked, cover in blood, with a belt tied around his neck and his dong hanging was one of the rawest scenes I've ever seen on HBO. Pause and no pun intended. Gyp is about to take it to another level. Can't wait.

You ain't lying. Out of all the shows I've seen on HBO over the years, I can't think of a scene that can possibly top Gyp walking down the hallway after the massacre. Crazy stuff.

*I'm late to the party (just watched the episode last night), but the kid Nucky killed - eerily reminiscent of Jimmy, no?

That kid has been in love with fire since he saw Nucky burn his house down in season 1.

i can't be the only person who cringes when jillian and margaret get their show time....

****SPOILER****

I really thought teddy was going to see owen and her get it on and then stab owen or tell mucky

decent character build this episode. you can't have bloodshed every week. a lot of references to old episodes from the previous seasons.

esther randolph back in the fray working with nucky and means is an interesting twist.

nucky is so methodical when he's not simping over billie

gillian's subtle acknowledgement of remembering sleeping with jimmy. also mentaly accepting he's dead.

what are the odds schroeder ends up preggo?! she was reading the birth control pamphlet at the start of the episode.

harrow's sister comes up again and he's eventually going to reach out to her.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

-
mean.gif
sick.gif
@ when ol' boy was pounding out Gillian and she called him James.

-
mean.gif
@ Margaret still getting hers, there has to be an episode where Nucky finds out.

- I'm actually pretty interested to see where the case goes with Harry.  Dude that called up Nucky is on Harry's side, so I only see it screwing up Nucky...

Enjoyed tonight's episode.

Gillian is one crazy *****.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'll enjoy it to see Remus get arraigned :lol:

It was a good ep. More set up for things to come.

Yeah, Gillian is bonkers :lol:

Last edited:
Gillian is not doing all that out out of re-experiencing her son. She gonna kill homie and have his body as proof he's dead and take the deeds. Watch Nuck come back to Atlantic City hearing that noise and getting paranoid. You guys really undermining the females of the show. Margaret is the black widow, look at the past and watch whats about to happen about that "talk" she gonna have with Nuck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom