Boondocks Season 3 - Sun. May 2nd, 11:30pm Adult Swim

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by roboski

It's like the creator of the show either wanted McCain to win.

Actually, Aaron McGruder (the creator) himself is an Obama supporter but still remained unbiased when writing this episode. Genius writing, in my opinion.
it's not that he was a mccain supporter... it's the fact that that is how the election really went.  people voted for obama because he was the popular vote.  mtv and the likes were gassin him up like no other.

Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by jtc85

is that a benchwarmer's reference with the 12 year old adult?

I think it's a reference to the chinese gymanstic team always cheating
thank you for the clarification. and when ol boy said "this is america. we don't quit when we're doing wrong. we just keep doing wrong until it becomes right" had me like 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.
I agree

Originally Posted by LDJ

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 

This episode reminds me of how south park and family guy once were. Comedy and satire from a intellectual aspect. Spoofs and puns about social/economical aspects and current events.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by LDJ

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 
you guys are boosting

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by LDJ

you guys are boosting
THIS
it might not even be top 10 of the season.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

I saw some messages. however i couldn't see as many as you, can you elaborate? (no hate im just curious
nerd.gif
)

this episode def had Aaron's passion for anime written all over it, specifically, Samurai Champloo (that show had an episode in which japanese played a violent game of baseball against americans)

i thought it was a great eps with a number of messages i picked up so far. it wasn't as funny as "the itis" or "catcher freeman" eps, so i wonder if that is the reason for some people on this thread not appreciating the eps?

Originally Posted by LDJ

JFMartiMcDandruff wrote:
I enjoyed the episode...very entertaining...visuals were great

I love the last pitch for Huey....dope as hell
I am getting ready to watch it again..thanks to dvr..

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

How did woodcrest win the game with the score being tied 8-8?
spoilers...
After the epic showdown of the pitch and hit. Huey used the broken ball to tag her out.

I think he means, that out saved the game, but it didn't get them a run, so the score was still tied.
Maybe all Wuncler had to do was not lose and they don't go extra innings?

Episode was funny as hell. When Riley came up to kick and he pointed to the skies like he was about to kick it out the park and then he strikes out
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wasn't the funniest episode but it had good underlying messages. Grandad and his big titty pron was
roll.gif

Made me want to play a game of kickball tho forreal, I miss being a kid
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom