Boondocks Season 3 - Sun. May 2nd, 11:30pm Adult Swim

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by LDJ

Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 
you guys are boosting
THIS
it might not even be top 10 of the season.
smh.gif
Have you even seen 5 of the episodes from this season? No. 
indifferent.gif

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:
Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 
you guys are boosting

THIS
smh.gif

indifferent.gif

Ppl who couldnt see this episode and the messages and how powerful it was, clearly dont watch the news, know about current events in detail, use there computer solely for d/l music/movies/youtube videos, pron, cant live w/o twitter/facebook, and still wear jordans/retro shoes etc like they still instyle.

This was clearly not meant for the over-the-top, two and a half men, dave chappelle, simple easy-to-read comedy. This episode was almost like an episode of bill mahr etc but in anime form.

But dont worry or fret there will be more episodes like the itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner.

Originally Posted by SuprDuperFly

You think the Tiger controversy happened in time to be covered by the show?

They mentioned something like how Huey is loved like Tiger was before his car accident.

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:

you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif

indifferent.gif

Ppl who couldnt see this episode and the messages and how powerful it was, clearly dont watch the news, know about current events in detail, use there computer solely for d/l music/movies/youtube videos, pron, cant live w/o twitter/facebook, and still wear jordans/retro shoes etc like they still instyle.

This was clearly not meant for the over-the-top, two and a half men, dave chappelle, simple easy-to-read comedy. This episode was almost like an episode of bill mahr etc but in anime form.

But dont worry or fret there will be more episodes like the itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner.

Some of yall need to calm down.  Its just a show... 

At least let the season reach the halfway mark before we start all the GOAT and Top # talk
grin.gif

this season has been incredibly average so far. i'm still watching, i just hope i'm not disappointed again each week.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:

you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Some of yall need to calm down.  Its just a show... 

At least let the season reach the halfway mark before we start all the GOAT and Top # talk
grin.gif

I agree it's just a show but at the same time I could agree with the dude. I loved the show since the beginning mostly due to Aaron's way of making fun of current issues and the ignorance of people.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:

you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif

indifferent.gif

Now I'm - D*@# Ri-din' McGRUDER! McGRUDER!

Chill out and get off your high horse, we see the subliminals and metaphors for current and recent important social and economic issues, they aren't that subtle and aren't that difficult to notice or understand aslong as you have some prior knowledge. It sounds like you think someone who disagrees with your huge appraisal MUST lack understanding? Why do you assume so?

I'm sure the average casual audience member that likes the show for the less thought provoking face-value humour (which there is nothing wrong with, those aspects of the show are just as important as the symbolism. The itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner & Ballin' are great episodes) isn't going to pick up on everything, but really the only thing that was protested was the fact that dudes are gassing the more intellegent episodes up with this 'Top 10' nonsense when we still have another 17 episodes to come.

Everyone needs to stop trying to call it so early, come back and review the @#$% in a year from now.

Lol @ ppl couldn't understand the episode because they wear rerto's/ nikes....
laugh.gif

"The Story of Jimmy Rebel" sounds promising...

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:

you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Now I'm - D*@# Ri-din' McGRUDER! McGRUDER!

Chill out and get off your high horse, we see the subliminals and metaphors for current and recent important social and economic issues, they aren't that subtle and aren't that difficult to notice or understand aslong as you have some prior knowledge. It sounds like you think someone who disagrees with your huge appraisal MUST lack understanding? Why do you assume so?

I'm sure the average casual audience member that likes the show for the less thought provoking face-value humour (which there is nothing wrong with, those aspects of the show are just as important as the symbolism. The itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner & Ballin' are great episodes) isn't going to pick up on everything, but really the only thing that was protested was the fact that dudes are gassing the more intellegent episodes up with this 'Top 10' nonsense when we still have another 17 episodes to come.

Everyone needs to stop trying to call it so early, come back and review the @#$% in a year from now.

This.

I mean the metaphors are even stated within the dialogue.
laugh.gif

Some people just feel entitled to co-sign something to feel smart.
Knowing damn well that episode wasn't top 10....

Anyone in NY seen that graffiti piece?
Ima be up there in a few days and I want to find it

smh.gif
nah, wasnt f'n with this one...wasnt even offended, they was just tryin too hard going after that shock factor...

eyes.gif
trying extra hard with this one...episode was solely for Aaron McGruder to
laugh.gif
@ and say "see what I'm allowed to put on tv?"

To be fair they didn't realy break new ground
Uncle Ruckus is basically a Clayton Bigsby that can see and knows he's black
Still Funny regardless

Back
Top Bottom