Boondocks Season 3 - Sun. May 2nd, 11:30pm Adult Swim

Yo if people didn't know the context, or have never seen this show before and turned this on......it could easily look like the most racist thing they've ever seen on TV.
laugh.gif

One minute its acclaimed the greatest shtt on earth next week its all of a sudden disgraceful.

I think the more this show hits home the more society resents it.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Yo if people didn't know the context, or have never seen this show before and turned this on......it could easily look like the most racist thing they've ever seen on TV.
laugh.gif

Yup.People are being too critical of this season. 

i found the eps to be well written (as usual). it wasn't nearly as funny as almost any other boondocks eps from any season for that matter...at first i felt like probably most people when watching it. show just started with blatant racism but didn't have the laughs to make the eps go down easier. but it turned ok. being that aaron wrote it im sure there were some messages in there im not seeing....

Originally Posted by sreggie101

i found the eps to be well written (as usual). it wasn't nearly as funny as almost any other boondocks eps from any season for that matter...at first i felt like probably most people when watching it. show just started with blatant racism but didn't have the laughs to make the eps go down easier. but it turned ok. being that aaron wrote it im sure there were some messages in there im not seeing....

This show and south park do a better job with satire and subliminal (or obvious depending on who you are) messages than any other show on TV.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

So apparently this character is based on Johhny Rebel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...ohnny_Rebel_%28singer%29

This MF actually has a song called "Some %##**!@ Never Die (They Just Smell That Way),"

laugh.gif
This racism is killing me.

The truth is in black and white literally, i saw ppl got mad i guess it hit to close to true feelings.

Thats why people didnt like it. Wasnt alot of laughs but this was one of the more full of truth episodes yet.

LDJ wrote:
raptors29 wrote:
Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:
Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 
you guys are boosting

THIS
it might not even be top 10 of the season.
smh.gif

Have you even seen 5 of the episodes from this season? No. 
indifferent.gif

Ppl who couldnt see this episode and the messages and how powerful it was, clearly dont watch the news, know about current events in detail, use there computer solely for d/l music/movies/youtube videos, pron, cant live w/o twitter/facebook, and still wear jordans/retro shoes etc like they still instyle.

This was clearly not meant for the over-the-top, two and a half men, dave chappelle, simple easy-to-read comedy. This episode was almost like an episode of bill mahr etc but in anime form.

But dont worry or fret there will be more episodes like the itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner.

Well i told yall it would be more ignit episodes, but still yall complain. Cant win for losing. Well cant please some of the ppl some of the time. Shotouts to my man who knew who the country singer was based off. And to folks who asked bout Tiger Woods, sorry episode wont get clearance, lawsuit to big, lol. But dont be surprise if stinkmeaner makes a comeback.

Can somebody please explain to me what the "message" in this episode was cause I just didn't get it?

Originally Posted by roboski

Can somebody please explain to me what the "message" in this episode was cause I just didn't get it?

Johnny Rebel is a real person... He banks on racism.  He actually made a song called "It's the Attitude Stupid!"

Macgruder's making fun of him, pointing out the shoddy logic behind some of his music, and probably questioning the legitimacy of his beliefs and suggesting he just does it because he's capitalizing on stupid racist people's ignorant views and probably isn't really the racist he purports to be.

Nako XL wrote:
roboski wrote:

Johnny Rebel is a real person... He banks on racism.  He actually made a song called "It's the Attitude Stupid!"

Macgruder's making fun of him, pointing out the shoddy logic behind some of his music, and probably questioning the legitimacy of his beliefs and suggesting he just does it because he's capitalizing on stupid racist people's ignorant views and probably isn't really the racist he purports to be.

Its not like Johnny got a grandchild he loves that is mixed and changed his whole "perspective"

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:
Excellent episode alot of subliminal messaging such as foreign policies, the sweatshop labor (shotouts to nike), the gymnastic team, kbr and blackwater, george bush and a slew of others. This wasn't a episode that was meant for overly-open comedy and obvious jokes etc. Aaron is a genius. Might be one of his best episodes.

This was definitely my favorite episodes of this season. Top 10 for the whole series. 
you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Ppl who couldnt see this episode and the messages and how powerful it was, clearly dont watch the news, know about current events in detail, use there computer solely for d/l music/movies/youtube videos, pron, cant live w/o twitter/facebook, and still wear jordans/retro shoes etc like they still instyle.

This was clearly not meant for the over-the-top, two and a half men, dave chappelle, simple easy-to-read comedy. This episode was almost like an episode of bill mahr etc but in anime form.

But dont worry or fret there will be more episodes like the itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner.

Well i told yall it would be more ignit episodes, but still yall complain. Cant win for losing. Well can please some of the ppl some of the time. Shotouts to my man who knew who the country singer was based off. And to folks who asked bout Tiger Woods, sorry episode wont get clearance, lawsuit to big, lol. But dont be suprise if stinkmeaner makes a comeback.
indifferent.gif

Why of course every Boondocks episode somehow touches socially corrupt issues.
And I'm pretty sure everyone at least have seen the tittle for next weeks episode....

"Stinkmeaner 3: The Hateocracy"

Some of yall be trying to hard.
laugh.gif

Thinkin about it, I didn't find the episode itself to be funny, but instead the fact that he had the guts to make an episode like that and include all that racism.
They need to put all this seasons songs on an album

-Love/friendship transcends superficial differences
-Step out of your comfort zone (race, ideology, culture, sex, values) and become more accepting and open minded....

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

Thinkin about it, I didn't find the episode itself to be funny, but instead the fact that he had the guts to make an episode like that and include all that racism.
They need to put all this seasons songs on an album

Ruckus has been funnier, he was OD vulnerable in this episode.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Originally Posted by LDJ

raptors29 wrote:

raptors29 wrote:
LDJ wrote:

you guys are boosting
THIS
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Now I'm - D*@# Ri-din' McGRUDER! McGRUDER!

Chill out and get off your high horse, we see the subliminals and metaphors for current and recent important social and economic issues, they aren't that subtle and aren't that difficult to notice or understand aslong as you have some prior knowledge. It sounds like you think someone who disagrees with your huge appraisal MUST lack understanding? Why do you assume so?

I'm sure the average casual audience member that likes the show for the less thought provoking face-value humour (which there is nothing wrong with, those aspects of the show are just as important as the symbolism. The itis, guess hos commin 2 dinner & Ballin' are great episodes) isn't going to pick up on everything, but really the only thing that was protested was the fact that dudes are gassing the more intellegent episodes up with this 'Top 10' nonsense when we still have another 17 episodes to come.

Everyone needs to stop trying to call it so early, come back and review the @#$% in a year from now.

This.

I mean the metaphors are even stated within the dialogue.
laugh.gif

Some people just feel entitled to co-sign something to feel smart.
Knowing damn well that episode wasn't top 10....

QFT ... but really LDJ? How you gonna quote yourself, and respond to yourself, because you didn't like the responses people gave? 
indifferent.gif

Spoiler [+]
What part of the game is that?
smh.gif

lollerskates.gif

New ep was ridiculous. Never in my life have I seen such ****ery buffoonery. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

-Love/friendship transcends superficial differences
-Step out of your comfort zone (race, ideology, culture, sex, values) and become more accepting and open minded....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

past 2 week's episodes have been kinda weak.

Really wasn't a "message" per se to this week's episode just bringing light to racism & self hate.

Back
Top Bottom