Bought Jordans on eBay...little situation

So I bought a pair of XVII's on ebay with a suitcase and everything. The picture wasn't that clear so I asked the lady if there were any creases,scuffs, etc. and she said "HI, THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE, THEY ARE PRACTICALLY NEW, THERE IS NO CREASING OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, NO WEAR ON THE SOLES, JUSTENOUGH SCUFFING TO SEE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN WORN AT LEAST ONCE, SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE, THEY ARE GREAT, KIND REGARDS, SANDY". The price was pretty good($56.99) so I decided it'd be a good purchase. I put the shipping address as my school address, but she shipped them to my house (both addresses areconfirmed on Paypal). I went home this past weekend anyway and got to open them up when I got there. I was expecting to see them in NDS condition, but theywere very creased and scuffed up in certain spots. Of course I was mad so I sent her a message asking why I didn't get them shipped to my school addresswhich I clearly listed as the shipping address in the Paypal payment. I'm having trouble deciding what to do now...should I pretend like I never got themand get my money back like that or should I file a complaint and say they aren't in the condition she said they would be in? I'm having troubledeciding whether or not they are worth $70 in the condition they are in currently. I thought I had basically gotten a steal on ebay, but now I feel jipped. Shesays she doesn't accept returns under any circumstances which is what I'm worried about and that my address listed on ebay is my home address sothat's where she sent them. I'm arguing that the shipping address I put on the Paypal payment was my school address, not my home address and that justbecause people buy something on ebay doesn't mean they necessarily want the item shipped to their house. I don't really want to fraud anyone, butI'm pretty upset. What do you guys think I should do?

I can't really get pictures of the shoes, because I don't have a camera and my iphone doesn't have enough detail...

Okay, if she has any type of tracking number for the shoes you cant use the "I never got em" defense. Just file a Paypal claim and say the itemdoesn't match the sellers description. Do you have the link for the auction? If she doesn't have "NO RETURNS" clearly on the listing, she hasto refund your money. I sold a bundle on ebay last yr, an iPhone, Blackberry Curve, and 5 bluetooths and it sold for $900+. The woman couldnt figure out how touse the phone, opened the bluetooths, and paypal still refunded her back the money ONLY because I didnt type "NO RETURNS" on my listing. You wouldhave to find a way to get a hold of a camera b/c paypal is going to want to see proof and it would really help your case.

You saw the pictures that she posted. If you were unsure of the condition you shouldn't have bought them.

I mean there was only one picture and it was pretty far away. She mostly sells antiques and stuff like that so I figured it was a nice old lady lol. Since Icouldn't really see the shoes, I specifically asked her if there was any creasing, scuffing, etc. and she said no. I had no reason to believe she wouldmisrepresent the condition. She also didn't really know how to sell them. The auction title was "GREAT PAIR OF JORDAN SNEAKS W/FAB METAL BOX CARRIER+CD". I don't know how most people search for shoes, but I type in the number of the shoe and what size I want...for example: Jordan XVII 13. Shereally only knew they were jordans because she read the shoe. I think I'm going to just keep them and leave her negative feedback. I think $70's stilla good deal and they're still completely wearable.

^^basically what he said. You really need a camera to show proof to Paypal on the conditions you received them, also the sooner you file the dispute the BETTERit is. Also try to communicate with the eBay seller first see if you guys can work something else.

You are an eBay newb, and sellers hate people like you (just being honest)

You won the auction and everything was clear, you have NO case. You should not waste yours or her time with this (non) issue.

Quoted from the auction:

"I SELL MOSTLY USED VINTAGE ITEMS SO SOME WEAR AND TEAR CAN BE EXPECTED. ANY FLAWS OR MAJOR DAMAGE, I WILL STATE IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION."

Also here is the auction link, since you probably dont know how to provide that for us either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREAT...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i realize she sells used things. She said, "THERE ARE VERY LIGHTLY USED, WITH NO DAMAGE OR ODOR OF ANY KIND." This is why I asked for clarificationand specifically asked her about any creasing and scuffing. She said there was no damage of any kind. I didn't buy them after just reading her descriptionand hoping that they weren't that messed up...I thought I did what I had to do to make sure they were in the right condition. It's not really a bigdeal...I guess I'll just let it go. If this was like a year ago though, I'd probably just say I never got them.

post pics if u can... the pic is nt dat clear but u know ebay is ebay plus $70 with the case n everything....... unless they beat up ... u should be aight....

i don't really have a decent camera otherwise i would. i'm just gonna keep the shoes. it was still a good deal in my opinion...they're not thatmessed up, it just wasn't what i expected.

You can't go leaving negative feedback for something like this. That is highly unacceptable and frowned upon by Ebay and the seller community alike.

The first thing you have to realize is she is NOT a sneaker head and her view of "practically new" VS yours are worlds apart. My parents alwayscomment on how clean and new my shoes look even when I'm wearing creased up CG IVs with cracked paint all over the midsoles. To me they're beaters butthey're still cleaner than most peoples' shoes. Someone who doesn't collect sneakers cannot possibly comprehend the differences between DS, VNDS,NDS etc just as no one but a record collector can understand the true meaning of SS, M, VG+, VG etc. As stated, YOU HAVE NO CASE AT ALL. Ultimately, you shouldhave specifically asked her for a series of higher quality close up pictures if you had any doubts at all. For what it's worth though, I usually use thesame method as you to search for shoes on ebay, but it's always the ones that are listed incorrectly or incompletely that get me the best deals... It'salso ALWAYS a clear sign of the seller's lack of experience in the shoe game. I just type in "Old Nikes" sometimes and find amazing stuff withvirtually no description.

Originally Posted by jd3772000

L

laugh.gif

Alot of 17's come pre creased with rolls in the leather or look like crap after 1 or 2 wears so id like to see pics.

you shouldnt have bought them if the pic was from far away
should have asked her for clear pics to see their condition

damn this is jacked up on both accounts. You should have known better and asked for more pictures. But then again you can easily get away with this, especiallyif you used a credit card through paypal. just call your credit card and claim it was damaged and not as descripted and they will void the paymet. You willhave to send the shoes back though (it would be right thing to do). I have also herd of people sending it back to paypal and getting their money back.

BUT........thats up to you.
devil.gif

i've bought alot of j's that were more worn than what the description states. you can claim this with paypal stating the shoes were not as described.paypal will tell you to send back the shoes(make sure you get insurance and signature in case the seller want to tell paypal they never recieved the shoes).once they get the shoes paypal will force the seller to send you the money and if not paypal will give you the refund and suspend the seller to use paypal.

but when this happens to me i just explain to the seller the shoes were not as described and i will send back the shoes if i don't get a partial refund.usually the seller will give you a partial refund rather than going through the hassle of getting the shoes back and giving a full refund and have to sell theshoes again. you can also tell them you will leave negative feedback where the seller cannot give negative feedback to seller anyl onger on ebay......

Sorry to say but EBAY is great to get good deals, but CANT be to quick to bid, READ description in DETAIL and ASK QUESTIONS, you'll always be satisfiedthat way, this case is not good on your part, oh well.

yea, ebay newb BUT

since she didnt send it to your confirmed address you can file a paypal claim saying that u never got em and it should be an automatic refund

The lady only provided one picture in the auction...personally, I would never buy any item off Ebay with only 1 pic....

You should have requested her to send more photos to you...and detailed at that before you bid or worse yet...sent payment. But it's your money...

I would file a claim with Paypal, I have done this before and it is pretty basic. All you have to do is say that they didn't fit the description she gaveyou accurately.

if they came with the suitcase its honestly not that big of a deal, eating 70 sucks, but if you can wear the shoes a few times its not a bad deal, i saw anauction with the case go 60 dollars just for shipping, so basically i dont think she was trying to rip you off, either way 70 dollars for the case and og'smay be worth it, even if condition is less than desired

lol i was going to bid on these but they looked a bit iffy in the pics. guess i got lucky, soory for your L!

Back
Top Bottom