Bought Jordans on eBay...little situation

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

should I pretend like I never got them and get my money back like that
I don't really want to fraud anyone, but I'm pretty upset.
So which is it?
And $70.00... are you kidding me? You expected a perfect pair?!? Be lucky they're legit and hopefully, you even having the notion to file a complaintclaiming you never received them comes back to bite you in the ***. That's called "mail fraud" and isn't taken lightly.

You got a deal if they're legit and a little scuffed. Honestly that's how I try and buy most of my Jordan's, just a little used. Clean them up andenjoy the fact that you didn't pay an arm and a leg for them. You're not just an ebay newb, but a newb to the shoegame if you want a pair of NDS 17sfor $70, with case and everything.

I've actually been in both situations as the buyer and the seller. I sold a DS Countdown Pack on Ebay that I copped on the Saturday Morning they came out.I took over ten pictures that were incredibly detailed. The buyer waited seven days to make payment, then like five days after he received them, demanded hismoney back saying they were used and was filing a paypal claim. He sent me pictures of the shoes which he obviously wore numerous times and then did file apaypal claim. When paypal denied his claim, he left me my first negative feedback of over five years of hard work mantiaining 100% feedback. However, Ipurchased a pair of J's that were listed as brand new and had a lot of good pics that he didn't hand tag but edited with his ebay name on photoshopI'm guessing, and came completely beat up and were awful. I filed a dispute on paypal and it turned out that he stole someone elses pics on Ebay and justused his computer to put his name on. I won the claim, they refunded my money and for some odd reason he had scammed other people before and used a wrongaddress on his paypal account, I got to keep the J's! If you want to file a claim stating item was different than described, that is one option because youhave nothing to lose but leaving negative feedback is not the way to go because you should contact the seller because they may just give you a refund to beginwith. Due to the new feedback system on Ebay, sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers and your case shows how that is unfair if you did leavenegative feedback. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

You are an eBay newb, and sellers hate people like you (just being honest)

You won the auction and everything was clear, you have NO case. You should not waste yours or her time with this (non) issue.

Quoted from the auction:

"I SELL MOSTLY USED VINTAGE ITEMS SO SOME WEAR AND TEAR CAN BE EXPECTED. ANY FLAWS OR MAJOR DAMAGE, I WILL STATE IN THE ITEM DESCRIPTION."

Also here is the auction link, since you probably dont know how to provide that for us either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREAT...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Well put.

Hey put it this way the suitcase goes for like $20, so you got shoes for like 40 bucks keep em.

Airthompson, the link isn't workig for me.
To the OP, you're ridiculous. At the absolute worst, maybe leave a neutral. You received legit XVIIs for a fraction of what they're worth. Plainridiculous.

Funny part about this whole story......
You outbid me for these 17s. Looks like I got lucky. Thanks.

Any pics?

AND IT HAS A LOGO OF AN ATHLETE LEAPING IN AIR, WITH BASKETBALL IN HAND. .
you expected a accurate description from someone who wrote that naive sentence? LOL

^ lol

the overall consensus is that i shouldn't have expected something better for $70, but i still don't agree. she might not be a shoe expert by anymeans, but if i specifically ask her about any creasing and/or scuffing on the shoe, she should not tell me that there is next to none when it's not thetruth. the only camera i have besides my phone is on my laptop. i've spent the last 5 minutes trying to get a decent picture, but it's just notworking.
3b1256be8056187952291566b2f275900bdc9f3.pjpg

obviously the lighting is terrible and i'm not exaggerating when i say the picture doesn't do it justice. it's a white shoe with a huge scuff markright on the toebox. i can't get pictures of the creasing all around the ankle area and definitely can't get the scuffs on the blue midsole part. thesilver part of the back of the shoe is also scratched up around the sides (not really anywhere on the back though). the leather by the shoelaces was prettydirty, but i managed to clean that easily. i'd borrow someone's camera, but i don't really care to put that much effort into it. i've left hernegative and didn't really care about going through the hassle of a partial refund. like i've said...she may not be a shoe expert, but i don't feelthat she could have honestly missed all of these things without having to look closely and still told me there was minimal scuffing and creasing. at the time isent her that question, there were less than 2 days left and the shoes had no bid. i'm sure she was just trying to get at least 1 bid on them by thatpoint.

dude are you blind? From that one pic alone, the shoes look like crap. Does not take rocket science to figure out from the pic. Talking about far away excuse.The pic really shows how the shoes were very used. Take the L and don't become that notorious eBayer that sellers hate. Eat the $70 and learn from it. Shedid nothing wrong. Its all on you.

Originally Posted by Untitled

you expected a accurate description from someone who wrote that naive sentence? LOL

roll.gif

seriously, about these people who sell antiques and try selling shoes, when they state "no major problems" it basically means the shoes are stillwaterproof with no gaping holes, and not a safety hazard when wearing

roll.gif

seriously, about these people who sell antiques and try selling shoes, when they state "no major problems" it basically means the shoes are stillwaterproof with no gaping holes, and not a safety hazard when wearing

roll.gif

Originally Posted by vcshoxj6

dude are you blind? From that one pic alone, the shoes look like crap. Does not take rocket science to figure out from the pic. Talking about far away excuse. The pic really shows how the shoes were very used. Take the L and don't become that notorious eBayer that sellers hate. Eat the $70 and learn from it. She did nothing wrong. Its all on you.

are you talking about the picture from the auction or the picture i posted? because even after looking at the picture from the auction again, i can't seethe damage that is on the shoes.

man just give it up. its over. resell the shoes if you are that unhappy. you probably can make more than what you paid anyway. at this point your justembarrassing yourself

HI, THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE, THEY ARE PRACTICALLY NEW, THERE IS NO CREASING OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, NO WEAR ON THE SOLES, JUST ENOUGH SCUFFING TO SEE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN WORN AT LEAST ONCE, SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE, THEY ARE GREAT, KIND REGARDS, SANDY

conflicting description there... you shouldnt have placed a bid... take the L... but you already left her a nega... and she called you a sour grapes...LOL

1. Pretend that you never get the item is a fraud.
You proudly announced that you're going to do an act of fraud in a public community.
Well, not wise, don't you think?

2. She stated that shoes are worn. There's nothing much you can do about it.

3. You cannot claim anything on your defense because both addresses are confirmed address.
She might make a mistake on sending it to your house, but your house is still a confirmed address.
The only hassle you're going to get is: not getting it while you're in school.

4. You cannot claim that you didn't get the item if she shipped it with a tracking number.

5. The only chance that you can open up a case is: Item received is not as described.
Unfortunately, the chance that you'll win is very small. On her auction, she mentioned that shoes are used.
You didn't ask for more detailed pictures, that's probably your own fault.

6. School teaches you all kind of stuffs. Unfortunately, your pathetic school failed to teach you two basic lessons: Honesty & Integrity.
Ironically, you live in school.

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

You saw the pictures that she posted. If you were unsure of the condition you shouldn't have bought them.
couldnt have said it any better

Originally Posted by webnoize

conflicting description there... you shouldnt have placed a bid... take the L... but you already left her a nega... and she called you a sour grapes...LOL
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom