Boy-Girl Friendships?

I have this argument with almost every girl that I talk to. They say that it can work out I say no way. I say there is always an attraction, I feel like thereis a reason why you want to hangout with that person. There is a reason that you trust that person. If your single it's fine, but if your in a relationshipto me you should have no friends of the opposite sex it creates bad situations and should be avoided. Peoples ego's peoples, emotions and relationships arefragile enough without you having someone else making them more complicated, people get jealous it happens no matter how much you think you don't when youget that one person you don't want to lose and they are spending as much time talking to youa s they are talking to someone else of the opposite sex, youshould get jealous and rightfully so. Your thoughts?

I have mad female friends, it is possible but you can't be tryin to get with any I them aka not smashing
frown.gif

It could happen, just don't make friends with attractive females.
haha, jk.

But it could happen though.

I have one, yea there was a point she liked me and I liked her and that's how we came to know each other, but when we decided that wouldn't work out wejust became good friends. I aint on her like that and I'm pretty sure she aint on me like that(about as much as possible without being her), so we'recool how we are and it works.

it IS possible, it my experience it can't be forced, it just happens. There's a certain attraction that draws you two together initially, butthat's with everyone.

I don't think when your in a serious relationship you should have friends of the opposite sex atleast ones that you text talk to and sleep over theirhouse. I think it creates bad situations. For all the people that say it's possible, I want you to define friendship. For me it's being able to playball, sit around talk about some b.s for no reason, being able to watch a movie with, in a fight they have your back and you can actually depend on them forsomething. I'm sorry but I don't think a girl can do that for a guy, because if your a respectful guy you always need to realize she is a girl andtheir are certain barriers. Like I can't just punch a girl in the chest, and if I have any apprehensions about what may happen then I don't think wecan be friends. I want a true definition of friendship from you guys that say it's possible.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

but if your in a relationship to me you should have no friends of the opposite sex
i hate people who think like you. If you dont think that your significant other should have friends of the opposite sex, then all that means isthat you dont actually trust the person you are dating. Personally i'll be damned if some girl is going to tell me who i can & cant be friends with.

Not possible..

only people that say they are possible are the ones that are either Ugly, too Nice, or both.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's possible.

true. I have a friend that lives in Jacksonville FL. We've known each other since the 6th grade. I never had feeling for her in that way, and same for her.We had a talk about this 10 years ago(when her family moved to J, FL)on how and where this friendship will be in 10 years. It's still pretty a prettystrong friendship. We talk once or twice a week. She has a bf for over 8 years now and she's happy with him. They finally bought a house together, and bothof them are inviting me to visit sometime in the future.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by bboy1827

but if your in a relationship to me you should have no friends of the opposite sex
i hate people who think like you. If you dont think that your significant other should have friends of the opposite sex, then all that means is that you dont actually trust the person you are dating. Personally i'll be damned if some girl is going to tell me who i can & cant be friends with.
So you would allow your significant other to go out and eat with that person all the time, go to a movie, maybe stay over their house? those areall parts of friendship to me? Personally I feel the term friend is used to loosely. If you heard your girl slept in the same bed as a dude you wouldn'tcare? Sorry maybe I"m crazy because I would.

I want you to define friendship. For me it's being able to play ball, sit around talk about some b.s for no reason, being able to watch a movie with, in a fight they have your back and you can actually depend on them for something

Like I can't just punch a girl in the chest, and if I have any apprehensions about what may happen then I don't think we can be friends.
laugh.gif
....how old are you dude?

then again...if your chick is on cats Richard like that, you chose the wrong one.

i deal with this @%% all the time from girls i'm dating...i have a TON of female friends (who tend to all be either engaged or in serious committedrelationships) and they act like i'm f'ing em...

nonwithstanding the fact that they ALWAYS have a bunch of guy "friends"...

i'm not insecure because people gonna do what they want and you better be prepared to cut ties if anything...but it's dumb and unfair to have a femalecut out all the friends in her life because of you....i struggled with the issue myself till i realize that i wouldnt cut out none of my female friends forsome chick i'm dating...and i HATE insecurity in females....

now some females f their male friends...that's a given...but that's why you gotta double check their stories....

well i'm in a relationship now and the majority of my friends are girls

i mean there was an attraction to my female friends sometime at the start when i was getting to know them, but after i know them for real... i lose theattraction and just see them as someone to talk to and go for advice and stuff..

so i guess it is possible

I'm 17.. if that matters.

edit:: oh and sometimes i do sense a bit of jealousy from my girl because 75% of my female friends look better than she does
laugh.gif

I see the "ftw" in this but from my experiences it doesn't work out too well...I have like one female friend and even we've made out on adrunken night. Didn't really feel that "spark" so now we're just friends...but still sometimes I wonder....

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I want you to define friendship. For me it's being able to play ball, sit around talk about some b.s for no reason, being able to watch a movie with, in a fight they have your back and you can actually depend on them for something

Like I can't just punch a girl in the chest, and if I have any apprehensions about what may happen then I don't think we can be friends.
laugh.gif
....how old are you dude?
Dirty I'm 19, it's a male bonding thing. Idk how you grew up but it's normal for grown men to hit each other my father does it to hisreally good friends.
roll.gif
Thats exactly what I mean the fact that I said"I can't just punch a girl in her chest" and you thought something bad of it or something immature is different if I posted I hit my friend inthe chest, it would have gotten overlooked.

Back
Top Bottom