Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Walter Jr. was just a teenager doing normal teenager things. His dad was dying, lying/hiding things from his family, and Jr. was confused and angry. He was just acting out as any normal teenager would.

One thing I like about this show is that it ties up all the loose ends...

I really appreciate not getting left hanging.

Just started watching the show a few weeks ago so I'm trying to catch up on Netflix now. I'm about halfway through season 2. I have no idea how it's going to stretch out to five seasons. The dude Tuco was od insane
eek.gif
i remember him playing a similar role on training day but this one was waaaaay more intense.

Still tho, Scandal >>>>>>>>>
Guarantee half of you haven't even watched a single episode of scandal, and if you have you probably caught some random episode in the middle of a season. It's necessary to start from the beginning so you'll understand the storyline, it's far more intricate than BB.
I can only judge breaking bad on its first two seasons and it's good but can't hold a candle to scandal imo.

Watch it or not, doesn't matter to me one way or another. I'll continue to enjoy both.
@sooperhooper  has changed his views now.

However I just wanted to laugh one more time at his comments

Scandal
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Finished the series this past week.

One of the greatest things I've ever seen; just incredible. I'm sad to see it go.

I've been enjoying most of it all day. Nothing like a Breaking Bad marathon and all of Walt's unconvincing lies :lol:

When he paid off that native American pick-up guy, talking about he spilled coffee on his pants and he was reading the map while driving and ended up in a ditch :smh: :rofl:

Just look at dude lying to Sky now about Gretchen and the money for the treatments. Grey Matter is broke, son actually wish that was true :lol: :smokin

^ skylar could have easily looked that info up lol

I feel stupid for watching it on amc all day when I have netflix. I mean if your gonna watch it, why waste time with commercials smh. :lol:

I can only imagine the suspense and anxiety of those who followed the show as it was aired. Those breaks between seasons must've been killer.

When I'm watching a show on Netflix and an episode ends with an amazing cliffhanger, I literally can't press the next episode button fast enough.

One thing I loved about the show was how they'd go back and show what really happened while we were under a totally different impression. Such as flashing back to his Jesse really scored the rv after blowing money in the club. We were thinking he bought it straight up all along.

It's amazing how good of an actor cranston is. It's like he morphs into a different person. While watching him on Conan, I couldn't even see Walter white at all.

I wonder if he will land in big screen roles after this performance;after he gets some good films under his belt I don't see how he couldn't be mentioned with the likes of big boys like the Dicaprios and DDLs.

Finished the series earlier this week. And back now for the marathon. This show was incredible. The character development was incredible. Walter White's transformation throughout was incredible. I literally have no complaints. And usually with series finales it leaves me somewhat unsatisfied (Lost & Dexter). But everything about it was a masterpiece. And much praise to Bryan Cranston & Giancarlo Esposito.

It was never made clear why Walt/Jesse got paid so little per pound made in the superlab.

The first deal with Gus was $1.2 million for 38 pounds ($31,500 a pound).

In the superlab they made 200 pounds a week and were each going to get $3 million for 3 months work ($2,500 a pound). I know that Gus had to pay for the equipment and working in the lab minimized the risk for Walt and Jesse, but I always felt they were getting shortchanged.

It was never made clear why Walt/Jesse got paid so little per pound made in the superlab.

The first deal with Gus was $1.2 million for 38 pounds ($31,500 a pound).

In the superlab they made 200 pounds a week and were each going to get $3 million for 3 months work ($2,500 a pound). I know that Gus had to pay for the equipment and working in the lab minimized the risk for Walt and Jesse, but I always felt they were getting shortchanged.
It's cuz at first Gus didn't trust them, mainly Jesse and Walt's judgement for partnering with him. Also, Gus had to pay off the cartel for not invading of his territory which were just the surrounding states of NM in the south west. Gus was shouldering all of the risk and shelling out most of the cash for distribution, protection, methylamine, the lab, paying off ppl, etc.

You can see how this all makes sense when Walt goes in to business for himself with Mike and Jesse. He actually was making less money than when Gus was handling things. It's only when he hooks up with Lydia who had the Czech connection that he actually gets paid his worth (and after killing Mike's guys).

Last edited:
Were walt and gale going to make 3 mill each originally before walt brought jesse in? Or would it have been a 3 month deal only while gale trained with walt? Then insert gale at the head making 3 with an assistant or less?

Have any of you seen the alternate ending where it was all a dream ? Lol
:lol: No such thing. Just one bad theory by Norm McDonald out there.
Were walt and gale going to make 3 mill each originally before walt brought jesse in? Or would it have been a 3 month deal only while gale trained with walt? Then insert gale at the head making 3 with an assistant or less?
I'm sure Gale had his own deal with Gus that wasn't really mentioned. They seemed like actual friends and it's been mentioned they could've been or ended up being lovers.

As for Walt, he was getting that 3 mil every batch until Gale took over. Also I think Gale was suppose to take over so that he could do it himself. I mean we know Jesse could do it himself and Walt did it a few times. Walt only needed Jesse cuz he had cancer and he needed somebody to drag him out the cook in case he passed out or worse.

Last edited:
Just watched and I liked it. When he said "Good night, skyler" I got the chills tbh. lol

I just remembered this...

Teary eyes. :frown: |I

Last edited:
A question never answered, is who called Hank to warn him about the assassination attempt in One Minute?

If it was Gus, how would he have benefitted esp. since he's the one that gave the twins the okay?

It was Victor. The actor said so in an interview/AMA on reddit. Obviously that means Gus told him to do it, but still. Gus wanted to make his move against the Cartel... he only gave the Twins the OK because he was being pressured by the Cartel and knew he had no other choice. He didn't necessarily need Hank to be killed, but an attack on the DEA would bring a ton more pressure and attention on Mexico... which would benefit Gus trying to break away.

I thought it was pretty funny him waking up being Hal lol
Oh that :lol:

I think I'd possibly love this series a bit more if it had that ending. Just for Vince having the balls to take that route and connect to a whole other family sit-com.
It was Victor. The actor said so in an interview/AMA on reddit. Obviously that means Gus told him to do it, but still. Gus wanted to make his move against the Cartel... he only gave the Twins the OK because he was being pressured by the Cartel and knew he had no other choice. He didn't necessarily need Hank to be killed, but an attack on the DEA would bring a ton more pressure and attention on Mexico... which would benefit Gus trying to break away.
Also having the twins kill Hank could've had Walt acting even more suspicious and being more a problem. Who knows what he does if he feels Gus made that call.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom