Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Walt brought jesse in due to his cancer? He brought him in so as to not testify against hank. by the time walt was cooking for gus, his cancer had been in remission. I think gus only allowed walt to trade out gale for jesse due to receiving the best cook.

But the Gus vs Gale theory seems outta reach for me. The dude that everyone thought gus loved that died is completely different.

Gus knew that Hank was very skilled (Hank had killed Tuco with a pistol while Tuco had an M16). Gus was steering the Twins into a trap. A skilled fighter with a one minute warning should have easily killed the Twins. That way the Twins would be dead, a DEA agent would have been attacked and the US government would shutdown the border. With the border shut down, Gus's super lab would have no competition.

The only problem with Gus' plan was that Hank had just be suspended and lost his gun. Nevertheless, Hank gets lucky and kills one Twin and cripples the other. Mike Ehrmantraut finishes of the other Twin and that means that none of them cal tell the Cartels that Gus Greenlit the attack on Hank. Gus wants to make it seem like the Twins got impatient and went rouge and attacked a DEA agent.

In order to complete his masterstroke, Gus has the Mexican Federales kill Juan Bolsa. For a while, the Twins are dead, the border is closed to drug trafficking and part of the Cartel is leaderless.

Walt brought jesse in due to his cancer? He brought him in so as to not testify against hank. by the time walt was cooking for gus, his cancer had been in remission. I think gus only allowed walt to trade out gale for jesse due to receiving the best cook.

But the Gus vs Gale theory seems outta reach for me. The dude that everyone thought gus loved that died is completely different.
No I was just talking about the cook. You don't really need 2 guys for it. Walt just liked the partnership of it, the familiarity of it, the ritual, the pattern of it all and specifically with Jesse. He probably thought he was a good luck charm after a while. Which is why he fought so hard to keep Jesse when Gus offered him the opportunity and he was against Jesse, why he kept fighting for him when he burned out, why he lied and said he needs Jesse and two guys need to do the cook, why he was so against Gale coming in, and why he orchestrated things so that Gus couldn't have either of them killed.

I was just saying while in the rv doing the cook, since Walt had cancer and very sick when they started he wanted Jesse just in case.

Walt initially only teamed up with Jesse cuz he had a connect to distribution and cuz he knew him from teaching him in HS.

Gus didn't want Hank killed because he knew it would compromise his dealings with Walt, whom he needed. If Hank was killed, Walt would know gus was behind it and would refuse to cook.

No I was just talking about the cook. You don't really need 2 guys for it. Walt just liked the partnership of it, the familiarity of it, the ritual, the pattern of it all and specifically with Jesse. He probably thought he was a good luck charm after a while. Which is why he fought so hard to keep Jesse when Gus offered him the opportunity and he was against Jesse, why he kept fighting for him when he burned out, why he lied and said he needs Jesse and two guys need to do the cook, why he was so against Gale coming in, and why he orchestrated things so that Gus couldn't have either of them killed.

I was just saying while in the rv doing the cook, since Walt had cancer and very sick when they started he wanted Jesse just in case.

Walt initially only teamed up with Jesse cuz he had a connect to distribution and cuz he knew him from teaching him in HS.

Aight, I can definitely see what your saying.

But I still need clarification on this regarding gus and gale.

"They seemed like actual friends and it's been mentioned they could've been or ended up being lovers."

Vince Gilligan has indirectly hinted that Gus is indeed, in fact, a homosexual, but neither Vince or Giancarlo has denied or confirmed; its up to viewers to decide.

Some viewers - including Esposito himself - have interpreted the deep relationship between Gus and Max to be possibly homosexual. Series creator Vince Gilligan has chosen to leave the relationship ambiguous, but has said that if you were to infer this about their relationship, you "wouldn't be wrong."

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/09/gus-fring-giancarlo-esposito-on-breaking-bad/
http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Gustavo_Fring

As for Gus' relation with Gale, I believe Gus viewed Gale as Max's sentimental replacement and solace, albeit Gale could never fill the void or hold an ounce of genuine love that Max and Gus shared. Also, Gus speaks about his family and kids, but as viewers we never explicitly see any indication or evidence of that; not even when Jesse and Walt goes to his house for dinner and there are no pictures or any personal objects solidifying his claims. It was all just for appearances and that's what makes Gus' character even more compelling.

Gus was definitely gay, said it from the beginning

Key scene is the flashback with he and Max meeting with the cartel, dude pissing in the pool in front of them and asking him if he "liked what he saw" cause he's gay. Only reason he held such hatred for the cartel for years is because they killed his lover not just his business partner.

You believe he was just a fast food restaurant owner too?

Not like dude ever used a cover or anything :lol:

I believe he was in love with max. And that was a young Hector Salamanca pissing in the pool. Dunno about a relationship with gale tho.

And yea, he spoke about kids and family the day walt went to his house for dinner. No toy or even family pics in sight.

Now I see that Walt let Jane for for his own good, not Jesse's.

Gus could've been divorced with adult kids. Doesn't matter tho.

Was it just me or did Hank take a massive dump in there because he came out looking 20 pounds lighter.

What baffles me is the fact that Hank arbitrarily decides to use the bathroom of the Master bedroom. The White household can't be only limited to one bathroom. I read somewhere that this question was brought up and Vince said its because Hank didn't want to stink up the joint. To me that doesn't seem rational and instead more so of a cop out.

Damn guys, this is very emotional show, I'm on season 5 episode 9

my god, its just keeps getting better and better, my heart drops.

Why am i expecting like a sad ending, like I'm gonna cry or get mad :smh:

One of the greatest television series of all time.

Walter-White-Throws-Pizza-on-Roof-Breaking-Bad.gif

78879-have-an-A1-day-gif-Breaking-Ba-Zo3V.gif

Last edited:
Was it just me or did Hank take a massive dump in there because he came out looking 20 pounds lighter.

What baffles me is the fact that Hank arbitrarily decides to use the bathroom of the Master bedroom. The White household can't be only limited to one bathroom. I read somewhere that this question was brought up and Vince said its because Hank didn't want to stink up the joint. To me that doesn't seem rational and instead more so of a cop out.
I think there's only one in the house. Maybe that's why Walt had to pee in the sink. lol

@ 13:00 he mentions what you posted about not wanting to stink the main bathroom.

Last edited:
I think there's only one in the house. Maybe that's why Walt had to pee in the sink. lol

@ 13:00 he mentions what you posted about not wanting to stink the main bathroom.

Haha, good find. I mean these are all perfectly logical explanations that 1) only one bathroom in house 2) Hank not wanting to stink up bathroom. If someone were to handle their #2 business in the bathroom of my master bedroom of my house, rest assured they will not be invited back again. :lol:
It's called a guest bathroom for a reason: for guests.

Last edited:
rewatching a few episodes during this marathon and once again i'm enraged at everything jesse does. he was not built for that life and it was painfully obvious. walt should have clipped him immediately, he could have just taught someone else.

of course i know that there would be no story that way, but come on.

rewatching a few episodes during this marathon and once again i'm enraged at everything jesse does. he was not built for that life and it was painfully obvious. walt should have clipped him immediately, he could have just taught someone else.

of course i know that there would be no story that way, but come on.
I strongly dislike Jesse, but throughout the show you kinda go back and forth with him, but the overall stupidity and softness of him really in the end makes you hate him.
One of the greatest television series of all time.

Walter-White-Throws-Pizza-on-Roof-Breaking-Bad.gif

it's amazing if that wasn't intentional hahahahahaha he actually got that pizza up there LOL

I just had a argument about Jesse being a little yamb throughout the show with a chick.
Chicks love that crybaby.

I thought the whole Hank pooping in the ensuite was to further emphasize how little respect Hank truly had for Walt

Back
Top Bottom