breaking in on lebron iv's

I tried out a pair of lebron iv's today in size 9 (i'm a true size 9.5) and the length was perfect. However, I did feel like it was tight width-wisebut not to the point where it's uncomfortable. Do you think it'd loosen up more and be perfect for me once I break the shoes in?

I don't really wanna get a 9.5 if I don't have to since it will be longer than I need and I don't want much foot movement in the shoe.

Thanks,
Yorick

Yes it will but it hurts as hell! After all the pain they will fit perfect width wise yet no movement!

these shoes kill my arches.

i retired them after i bought the black flightposites
pimp.gif

i was going to buy the black/white/red pair to ball in but after trying both on i just broke the black toe soldiers out of my closet to play in and bought theblack white red 5s to fill that space.

well i had the same problem you are and just decided to go true to size and they fit perfectly fine true to size. foamposite material doesnt stretch, if itdoes not very much. the part you need to break in is the inner part of the shoe (if that make sense) so good luck with that but im sure over time of wearingthem you should be ok, but yea i wouldnt compromise width, i rather have more space length wise and just wear an extra pair of socks or a insert than pain. butfrom all the reviews of the IVs, half a size down works (i got semi-wide feet) so that didnt really work well (width wise at least). but people have said theyget better after a couple of wears.

lebron iv's are atrocious.

such a waste that such a stunnng shoe performs so poorly.

i cant even wear mine for casual. boot offers no protection from the laces and hard edges of the upper.

Hate to blow you up, Clutch ^^^^
But I was browsing through some reviews because I was planning on copping some lbivs
can you explain what changed your mind from your previous review? :

Clutchshooter's Old Review:

Cushioning:
First things first, the cushioning on these is phenomenal, maybe the best i've ever experience. Firmer than the 2's and more forgiving than the3's.

I can't say i've ever really experience cushioning that felt like the cushioning in these shoes. The midfoot support in these shoes is absolutelysuperb without being intrusive. It feels as if there is a separate air bag, that is shaped like my midfoot in the middle of the shoe.

Court feel is good and the cushioning feels very resilient thanks to the carbon fiber plate beneath. Transition was also excellent.

Im not sure if i've ever owned a shoe with the cushioning in the insole before, just one more thing to geek out over. *

10/10

Fit:
On to the foam upper. This one was a little odd for me because although the shoe fit well width wise and felt as if it had my feet locked in farely well, istill experienced some slippage from side to side when moving laterally. A little lace adjusting and futher molding of the foam should take care of thatproblem.

While on the issure of the upper the laces on these shoes are annoyingly hard to get at and while i wont go to the point of modifying the shoe as some have,it's definitely a headache i could do without in a pair of shoes.

On another note i felt as if there was a little heel slippage if the shoe was not laced up all the way to the top inner eyelets. However once the top innereyelets were used the problem was solved.

Many have also said that a half size down is the way to go. I got mine in my regular 10 1/2 and they fit fine. They look a little big but i believe it'sjust the look of the shoe. (They don't look any longer than my Air Zoom GP III.) Length wasn't an issue on court.

9/10

Comfort:

Comfort is very good. Wouldn't say most comfortable shoe i own as it would get trounced by many running shoes in this area but that's a given. Howeverat the moment i still wouldn't say they are the most comfortable basketball shoes i own. I would prefer the more casual feel of a H2k4 or a LBJ2 but thatstill places it 3rd among many different bball models i own and that's very good. I can't even fully say it wont take over the top spot as the foamstill has some molding to do but the shoe grows on me by the minute.

The boot is fantastic and is the first REAL full length inner boot i've seen in a while. To call whatever was in the LBJ3 an inner boot is a joke. Othershoes such as LBJ 2's and h2k4's are half boots as far as im concerned as back of these meld into the shoe. Pippen 2's are close but you can stillstick you finger into large holes around the insole easily.

As far as bball shoes go 10/10

Safety Factor.

Ankle support is good without being too restrictive and that's all i can ask for as ankle protection has never been a big issue for me. It's good toknow a shoe has you back tho.

Lateral Stability is excellent. On the aformenitoned side to side slippage the shoe never felt like it was going over or taking off without me. Traction wasgood but i generally play on pretty clean courts so i've never really had to many traction problems.

10/10

Visuals are a personal thing so i'll just the state my opinion. If you like busy shoes this may be the best looking shoe ever.

I dont think ive ever just sat there with a shoe in my hand and geeked out over it for as long as i did with this shoe. The full length carbon fiber plate isimplemented stunningly as far as visuals go and the translucent outsole is a nice touch. I so glad that they went with a true varsity red this year instead ofcrimson.

Overall i give this shoe a 10 out of 10 and being that it's already so close in so manycategories and will only get better with more wear, i'd give these shoes a decent shot at become the best ball shoes i've ever had.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

Yeah that looks like a John Kerry move. Something must have happened.

Fit wise, I went a half size down and it felt fine after a while. You should be okay.

These look amazing, but they're not the best performers. Not to say that they're bad or anything, they're solid and all that. But there are MUCHbetter shoes out there for everyday people, stuff built for Lebron is not for me.

Got to agree with Deezy, go a half size down. Usually wear an 11, but 10.5 in these fit right width wise, if still a little long. The weight never bothered me,but they are almost too giving in the cushioning, and it seems to affect the response time. I just feel like I am in water wearing these, about a half stepslow trying to stay in front of someone on defense. They feel great out in the open court though. Also agree, alot better out there.

Back
Top Bottom