Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

I honestly think Thibodeau is more responsible for the Bulls this season than Rose.
thats why hes the COY
roll.gif

thibs for MVP
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mgrand15

I respect stats and all but you guys are humans, not computers. You don't need stats to back up every single point in a free flowing game like basketball. Using basketball knowledge, how does that Chicago Bull team score more than 85 points a game without Rose? Boozer and Deng would have to turn into playmakers. CJ Watson is probably the third option. We're not computers and the MVP isn't determined by an equation. Bulls with an average PG turn into a mediocre but scrappy team. Heat with an average SF are still contenders. Yeah, Lebron had the best stats but I don't see how that doesn't factor into your decisions at all. Is it really blasphemy to make points using basketball knowledge?
Don't use that talk on here, cats love talking about stats I didn't even know existed, let alone used to determine the value of a basketball player. I love stats as much as the next man, but when it is the crux of an argument
tired.gif
.Sometimes I don't need to see the stat line to know a value of a given player, I just need eyes.

I respect stats and all but you guys are humans, not computers. You don't need stats to back up every single point in a free flowing game like basketball. Using basketball knowledge, how does that Chicago Bull team score more than 85 points a game without Rose? Boozer and Deng would have to turn into playmakers. CJ Watson is probably the third option. We're not computers and the MVP isn't determined by an equation. Bulls with an average PG turn into a mediocre but scrappy team. Heat with an average SF are still contenders. Yeah, Lebron had the best stats but I don't see how that doesn't factor into your decisions at all. Is it really blasphemy to make points using basketball knowledge?
Don't use that talk on here, cats love talking about stats I didn't even know existed, let alone used to determine the value of a basketball player. I love stats as much as the next man, but when it is the crux of an argument
tired.gif
.Sometimes I don't need to see the stat line to know a value of a given player, I just need eyes.

this thread is a very good example of how far delusional lebron fan boys will go hahahahaha...

this thread is a very good example of how far delusional lebron fan boys will go hahahahaha...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

tired.gif
When you have a group of players who are extremely close in terms of their value to their teams, what should you use to compare them then?

You say it shouldnt be used as the crux of an argument.  But what should then?  Your eyes?  Isnt the point of arguing to provide some sort of evidence or basis of your argument?  When you are comparing two (or three) players to each other, if you cant use stats to compare, what can you use?

I am seriously asking this.  Id love a response.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

tired.gif
When you have a group of players who are extremely close in terms of their value to their teams, what should you use to compare them then?

You say it shouldnt be used as the crux of an argument.  But what should then?  Your eyes?  Isnt the point of arguing to provide some sort of evidence or basis of your argument?  When you are comparing two (or three) players to each other, if you cant use stats to compare, what can you use?

I am seriously asking this.  Id love a response.

you guys would start a team with rose over lebron then?
since hes better and more "valuable"

you guys would start a team with rose over lebron then?
since hes better and more "valuable"

Back
Top Bottom