Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Originally Posted by epox12

I did??? Where was that? I must have missed it.
All I said was the same argument that is true of D.Rose is true of Joe Johnson. It is. I made no statement whatsoever of which player is better or if they're equal.

The dude asked if the Bulls offense would be as good without Rose. I said no, which is true. I then pointed out that Atlanta's offense wouldn't be as good without Joe Johnson, which is also true. I also pointed out that Joe Johnson is clearly not MVP material. I'm just pointing out how weak of an argument that is. "Their offense wouldn't be as good without him". You could say that about countless players.

Let's not act dumb here. It was pretty clear who this season's MVP was gonna be a long time ago. Just like how Blake Griffen was gonna win the dunk competition regardless of what happened.
So you have a problem with Rose being crowned MVP prematurely. Did you have that same problem when LBJ was prematurely crowned ROY even though Melo and Wade ended up leading their teams to the Playoffs as rookies? Let me guess the Heat and Nuggets would have made the playoffs without Wade and Melo that year. 
Wow! I mean, just... wow!
Way to bring up something that not a single person remotely even alluded to, has nothing to do with the current topic, make a random assumption of what my position is, then argue with the randomly assumed opinion.

How about this. So you have a problem with people not liking D.Rose being MVP this season. Did you have the same problem when people didn't like the series finale of Lost? Some thought it was good even though it didn't really answer many of the big questions that were raised throughout the series. Let me guess, the answers to mysteries aren't what made the series good in the first place.

Makes just as much sense.
Actually it doesn't and I'll take it by you flipping out over the question you did think he deserved ROY.

I did??? Where was that? I must have missed it.
All I said was the same argument that is true of D.Rose is true of Joe Johnson. It is. I made no statement whatsoever of which player is better or if they're equal.

The dude asked if the Bulls offense would be as good without Rose. I said no, which is true. I then pointed out that Atlanta's offense wouldn't be as good without Joe Johnson, which is also true. I also pointed out that Joe Johnson is clearly not MVP material. I'm just pointing out how weak of an argument that is. "Their offense wouldn't be as good without him". You could say that about countless players.

Let's not act dumb here. It was pretty clear who this season's MVP was gonna be a long time ago. Just like how Blake Griffen was gonna win the dunk competition regardless of what happened.
So you have a problem with Rose being crowned MVP prematurely. Did you have that same problem when LBJ was prematurely crowned ROY even though Melo and Wade ended up leading their teams to the Playoffs as rookies? Let me guess the Heat and Nuggets would have made the playoffs without Wade and Melo that year. 
Way to bring up something that not a single person remotely even alluded to, has nothing to do with the current topic, make a random assumption of what my position is, then argue with the randomly assumed opinion.

How about this. So you have a problem with people not liking D.Rose being MVP this season. Did you have the same problem when people didn't like the series finale of Lost? Some thought it was good even though it didn't really answer many of the big questions that were raised throughout the series. Let me guess, the answers to mysteries aren't what made the series good in the first place.

Actually it doesn't and I'll take it by you flipping out over the question you did think he deserved ROY.

epox12 wrote: You really believe the Bulls don't rely heavily on Rose to win? Just gonna have to agree to disagree then. 

Put up some stats. Back up what you're saying. Make your point. 
I mean, I can easily come in here and say Gerald Wallace should be the MVP, then do nothing to support it. That's easy to do. Anyone can just make a statement then provide no reasons or evidence.

epox12 wrote: You really believe the Bulls don't rely heavily on Rose to win? Just gonna have to agree to disagree then. 

Put up some stats. Back up what you're saying. Make your point. 
I mean, I can easily come in here and say Gerald Wallace should be the MVP, then do nothing to support it. That's easy to do. Anyone can just make a statement then provide no reasons or evidence.

I've said nothing to suggest my opinion one way or the other. However, I take it by your Rose defending that you love spaghetti, but only without sauce.

I've said nothing to suggest my opinion one way or the other. However, I take it by your Rose defending that you love spaghetti, but only without sauce.

blah blah blah...ROSE is MVP...

your beloved bron bron didnt win...

your Howard didnt win...

your Durant and every other player didnt win...

@%@! all your advanced stats and metrics, the best player on the best team won

ROSE is MVP, deal with it haters!

blah blah blah...ROSE is MVP...

your beloved bron bron didnt win...

your Howard didnt win...

your Durant and every other player didnt win...

@%@! all your advanced stats and metrics, the best player on the best team won

ROSE is MVP, deal with it haters!

Originally Posted by LDJ

So you think Joe Johnson had an equivalent year to Derrick Rose? The Heat wouldn't be as good offensively without LBJ but that doesn't make him the MVP either right?
You cant compare Johnson or LBJ offensive roles to Roses'. LBJ/Johnson a part of the offense but arent the main focal point of their team offense like Rose is. Even you as well as others said he pretty much is the teams offensive fire power, and w/o his improvement the team wouldnt be where they are offensively. The Bulls offensively go as far as Rose takes them. But the TEAM as a whole goes only as far as their DEFENSE takes them. In LBJ case its a lil of both, especially with his tenure in cle. LBJ is of course not as important to the heat offense as Rose is to the bulls because, their is this other top 5 player in Wade, another decent scorer in Bosh.

Trust and believe if the bulls are to make it and win it all it will be their team/interior defense that takes them to the top. It wont be because of individual great offensive games or bad games Rose has. Anybody who thinks Rose is the reason the Bulls are a success is a Rose fan and not a Bulls fan, nor actually watch the Bulls play. They lead the team in DEFENSE not offense. True you gotta put points on the board, but he could score 30+ hell 50 pts, if their tough defense, particularly their interior defense isnt up to par, they will get bounced out quick fast and a hurry, and just be left with highlights of spectacular plays Rose made.

Again i think its great he won the award, he had a great year. But clear cut winner not quite. I honestly think Howard regardless of there team record, his techs etc is more valuable to orlando. Like I previously stated, their teams gameplay both offensively and defensively is based on him. This was evident in the lost to the Hawks. The orl are a in and out play out the post team. Which is based on Howards inside presents. The defense is based on shooting the gaps, playing for the ball and gambling, and if those fail you have the anchor that is Howard to have your back with his post presents. What hawks did is expose that by letting him go ham inside and not allowing the in and out post gamehit the wide open shooters. And since most of the orl cant penetrate/create shots. The team was non existent. They took them out defensively by having zaza and horford play the outside, thus taking Howard out the middle, which meant orl had to play man to man and couldnt play the ball, gamble and had to play lock down one on one defense. Something they couldnt do either. 

That series right there shows you how invaluble Howard is to the team. Without his inside present on offense/defense they simply are a mediocre team at best. If Rose doesnt have a great offensive game the bulls are ok can and have won (see the pacers series) because they dont rely soley on him for the teams overall success,they success is mostly because of the team defense, a attribute which Rose isnt the main reason why its a success.

You really believe the Bulls don't rely heavily on Rose to win? Just gonna have to agree to disagree then.

Not as much as they rely on the team defense. Because they have had winning seasons and playoff success without rose having great/good games. They have wins hell before Rose was on the team. They were a playoff team before he even was apart of the team, a playoff team when he joined the team, and a playoff team when he elevated his game. Watch and see these playoffs as they unfold. If the Bulls win it will be because of the defense. Its in the same way how the 76ers main offensive source was allen iverson. Yea he won them games, improved the teams record, but they got to the finals on defense. And while iverson had arguably some of his best games/ and season of his career. Once that league leading defense folded all what was left was big plays and scoring tirades and highlights of allen iverson.

Matter of fact that is actually a good example, both play pretty similiar, both players were mvp of that year, both were the main source of offense, had league best record, and leagues best defense. And ppl back then were saying the same things about the 76ers and allen iverson they are saying bout the bulls and Rose in these thread. But hopefully the results wont be the same for the bulls. Iverson dominated had great season/playoff run, then about the ecf, the great team defense that lead that team to greatness was burnt out, by the time they got to the lakers, and all the burden was on iverson offense. And we all know how those finals went. He was great offensively but since the team d fell off iverson couldnt just score his way to a championship past the lakers.

Originally Posted by LDJ

So you think Joe Johnson had an equivalent year to Derrick Rose? The Heat wouldn't be as good offensively without LBJ but that doesn't make him the MVP either right?
You cant compare Johnson or LBJ offensive roles to Roses'. LBJ/Johnson a part of the offense but arent the main focal point of their team offense like Rose is. Even you as well as others said he pretty much is the teams offensive fire power, and w/o his improvement the team wouldnt be where they are offensively. The Bulls offensively go as far as Rose takes them. But the TEAM as a whole goes only as far as their DEFENSE takes them. In LBJ case its a lil of both, especially with his tenure in cle. LBJ is of course not as important to the heat offense as Rose is to the bulls because, their is this other top 5 player in Wade, another decent scorer in Bosh.

Trust and believe if the bulls are to make it and win it all it will be their team/interior defense that takes them to the top. It wont be because of individual great offensive games or bad games Rose has. Anybody who thinks Rose is the reason the Bulls are a success is a Rose fan and not a Bulls fan, nor actually watch the Bulls play. They lead the team in DEFENSE not offense. True you gotta put points on the board, but he could score 30+ hell 50 pts, if their tough defense, particularly their interior defense isnt up to par, they will get bounced out quick fast and a hurry, and just be left with highlights of spectacular plays Rose made.

Again i think its great he won the award, he had a great year. But clear cut winner not quite. I honestly think Howard regardless of there team record, his techs etc is more valuable to orlando. Like I previously stated, their teams gameplay both offensively and defensively is based on him. This was evident in the lost to the Hawks. The orl are a in and out play out the post team. Which is based on Howards inside presents. The defense is based on shooting the gaps, playing for the ball and gambling, and if those fail you have the anchor that is Howard to have your back with his post presents. What hawks did is expose that by letting him go ham inside and not allowing the in and out post gamehit the wide open shooters. And since most of the orl cant penetrate/create shots. The team was non existent. They took them out defensively by having zaza and horford play the outside, thus taking Howard out the middle, which meant orl had to play man to man and couldnt play the ball, gamble and had to play lock down one on one defense. Something they couldnt do either. 

That series right there shows you how invaluble Howard is to the team. Without his inside present on offense/defense they simply are a mediocre team at best. If Rose doesnt have a great offensive game the bulls are ok can and have won (see the pacers series) because they dont rely soley on him for the teams overall success,they success is mostly because of the team defense, a attribute which Rose isnt the main reason why its a success.

You really believe the Bulls don't rely heavily on Rose to win? Just gonna have to agree to disagree then.

Not as much as they rely on the team defense. Because they have had winning seasons and playoff success without rose having great/good games. They have wins hell before Rose was on the team. They were a playoff team before he even was apart of the team, a playoff team when he joined the team, and a playoff team when he elevated his game. Watch and see these playoffs as they unfold. If the Bulls win it will be because of the defense. Its in the same way how the 76ers main offensive source was allen iverson. Yea he won them games, improved the teams record, but they got to the finals on defense. And while iverson had arguably some of his best games/ and season of his career. Once that league leading defense folded all what was left was big plays and scoring tirades and highlights of allen iverson.

Matter of fact that is actually a good example, both play pretty similiar, both players were mvp of that year, both were the main source of offense, had league best record, and leagues best defense. And ppl back then were saying the same things about the 76ers and allen iverson they are saying bout the bulls and Rose in these thread. But hopefully the results wont be the same for the bulls. Iverson dominated had great season/playoff run, then about the ecf, the great team defense that lead that team to greatness was burnt out, by the time they got to the lakers, and all the burden was on iverson offense. And we all know how those finals went. He was great offensively but since the team d fell off iverson couldnt just score his way to a championship past the lakers.

Well why won't you answer the question then? I think its because if you answer the question honestly it will discredit your 10+ previous posts about prematurely crowning the MVP.

Well why won't you answer the question then? I think its because if you answer the question honestly it will discredit your 10+ previous posts about prematurely crowning the MVP.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well that and there was no team that was going to beat the 15-1 Lakers that year. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well that and there was no team that was going to beat the 15-1 Lakers that year. 

Statistically Bron should have won, OnionSlice don't kill yourself trying to argue fact.  These Rose fans seem to be as intelligent as the player himself by trying to argue fact with false logic. We both know Bron would not win it after the decision if any other player had a remotely decent year on a good team.  It's politics, it's the NBA.  carry on...

Statistically Bron should have won, OnionSlice don't kill yourself trying to argue fact.  These Rose fans seem to be as intelligent as the player himself by trying to argue fact with false logic. We both know Bron would not win it after the decision if any other player had a remotely decent year on a good team.  It's politics, it's the NBA.  carry on...

Originally Posted by that WAVE

If you both knew he was not going to win MVP why are you in here arguing why he should have won it?

If you both knew he was not going to win MVP why are you in here arguing why he should have won it?

I can't speak for onion, but I wasn't here to bash Rose...I congratulated the man just wanted to shed my opinion on why I felt another player deserved it more, even though deep down I knew he wouldn't win.

I can't speak for onion, but I wasn't here to bash Rose...I congratulated the man just wanted to shed my opinion on why I felt another player deserved it more, even though deep down I knew he wouldn't win.

any of yall with good sense should stop arguing with these these ball huggers. Stevie Wonder coulda seenthat Rose would be MVP. They can bring out whatever stats they want to..bron bron lost more games than Rose and that's that....Rose performed in the clutch moreso than bron bron and "supaman".

Rose is MVP....and if he loses, $@!@ the media

Back
Top Bottom