Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

Well deserved. Congrats Drose
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

bosh for mvp

V doesn't stand for voguing. 
grin.gif

Congrats though. No one worked harder, maxed their talent out and rose to the occasion like him for that team. 

I'm bout to break the arms off and give em to STAT though. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

bosh for mvp

V doesn't stand for voguing. 
grin.gif

Congrats though. No one worked harder, maxed their talent out and rose to the occasion like him for that team. 

I'm bout to break the arms off and give em to STAT though. 
nerd.gif

Well it's finally official
pimp.gif

I understand some of you are upset that your fav player didn't win it, but you should stop hating. It makes you look bad and like someone that didn't really watch that much NBA basketball this year.

Hopefully, you will see me as a basketball fan and not just as a proud Chicagoan and Bulls fanatic. The young man got it done this year. All the stats in the world don't always equal value. Too many players in this league led their teams to countless wins. Too many players have all the "pretty" stats that make some people drool all over themselves. All Rose did this year was win. He was consistent. He improved upon his game during the season by adding the free throw element. 25 and 8 are just numbers, but the value was found in his play.

We went from 41 wins and a first round exit last year to 62 wins and championship contention this year (to be continued). Rose's growth played a major factor in that change. As the leader of the team that beat all of the other MVP hopefuls, his play was the difference maker.

Bron and Wade signed themselves out of the discussion for as long as they pay together IMO. It would take a season average triple double and 70+ wins for Bron to win it again IMO. You just can't have two top five players on your team and call one the MVP of the league. All of the Heat team except Wade said Rose was the MVP this year. You should too!

Dwight had one hell of a summer working on his game. He became more than a dunker. His team pretty much kept the same place in its division, but all of his stats are empty when you can't go to him in the clutch. He shys away from the ball in the end because he knows he is shaky at the line and that opponents will just foul him because they can't stop him. I also think that all the technicals hurt his case as well, although some were not valid. Give it up, this isn't an MVP!

In the end, Rose is the MVP. Love it or hate it!

Well it's finally official
pimp.gif

I understand some of you are upset that your fav player didn't win it, but you should stop hating. It makes you look bad and like someone that didn't really watch that much NBA basketball this year.

Hopefully, you will see me as a basketball fan and not just as a proud Chicagoan and Bulls fanatic. The young man got it done this year. All the stats in the world don't always equal value. Too many players in this league led their teams to countless wins. Too many players have all the "pretty" stats that make some people drool all over themselves. All Rose did this year was win. He was consistent. He improved upon his game during the season by adding the free throw element. 25 and 8 are just numbers, but the value was found in his play.

We went from 41 wins and a first round exit last year to 62 wins and championship contention this year (to be continued). Rose's growth played a major factor in that change. As the leader of the team that beat all of the other MVP hopefuls, his play was the difference maker.

Bron and Wade signed themselves out of the discussion for as long as they pay together IMO. It would take a season average triple double and 70+ wins for Bron to win it again IMO. You just can't have two top five players on your team and call one the MVP of the league. All of the Heat team except Wade said Rose was the MVP this year. You should too!

Dwight had one hell of a summer working on his game. He became more than a dunker. His team pretty much kept the same place in its division, but all of his stats are empty when you can't go to him in the clutch. He shys away from the ball in the end because he knows he is shaky at the line and that opponents will just foul him because they can't stop him. I also think that all the technicals hurt his case as well, although some were not valid. Give it up, this isn't an MVP!

In the end, Rose is the MVP. Love it or hate it!

pimp.gif
props to D. Rose for winning the award this year.

But hate to break it to you Bulls fans.

The regular season MVP Award winner curse will continue this year
laugh.gif

It got Kobe in 2008, then got Lebron in 2009 & 2010. All of them won this award but ended those seasons with no rings.

pimp.gif
props to D. Rose for winning the award this year.

But hate to break it to you Bulls fans.

The regular season MVP Award winner curse will continue this year
laugh.gif

It got Kobe in 2008, then got Lebron in 2009 & 2010. All of them won this award but ended those seasons with no rings.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by HalfKobe08

congrats to D. Rose but why do people see LeBron as a MVP this year?

I dont think LeBron should have won the MVP, but I do think he should have been second.....after Dwight.

As to reasons that LeBron should have more MVP votes than Rose?  Pretty simple.  LeBron is better than Rose in pretty much all statistical categories.  The fact that Rose averages less than 1 assist more than Bron per game is ridiculous.  LeBron is better in the win share category.  LeBron has a better PER.  The Heat are substantially worse in points per 100 possessions without LeBron, where as the Bulls arent noticeably different in points per 100 possessions with Rose.  I mean...I can keep going.  Like I have said man times throughout the recent arguments, there is no factual or logical arguments that Rose should have won this award.  Theres nothing more than a story.  Bron and Howard were both more deserving.

It is what it is.
laugh.gif

ok buddy

Maybe I should reword that.  What I mean is that if you want to use personal stats, advanced stats, team stats in relation to time spent without player versus with, win shares, etc. to argue, you would say Rose is NOT the MVP.  If you want to use a great narrative, you would say that Rose IS the MVP.

Its as simple as that.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by HalfKobe08

congrats to D. Rose but why do people see LeBron as a MVP this year?

I dont think LeBron should have won the MVP, but I do think he should have been second.....after Dwight.

As to reasons that LeBron should have more MVP votes than Rose?  Pretty simple.  LeBron is better than Rose in pretty much all statistical categories.  The fact that Rose averages less than 1 assist more than Bron per game is ridiculous.  LeBron is better in the win share category.  LeBron has a better PER.  The Heat are substantially worse in points per 100 possessions without LeBron, where as the Bulls arent noticeably different in points per 100 possessions with Rose.  I mean...I can keep going.  Like I have said man times throughout the recent arguments, there is no factual or logical arguments that Rose should have won this award.  Theres nothing more than a story.  Bron and Howard were both more deserving.

It is what it is.
laugh.gif

ok buddy

Maybe I should reword that.  What I mean is that if you want to use personal stats, advanced stats, team stats in relation to time spent without player versus with, win shares, etc. to argue, you would say Rose is NOT the MVP.  If you want to use a great narrative, you would say that Rose IS the MVP.

Its as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom