Breaking News: Derrick Rose named 2010-2011 MVP

I agree LeBron's better and D12 and KD too. 
To me the first step of an MVP season is seeming like you've done everything you can possibly do, and that was the difference in your team never really failing. KD shoulda sonned Westbrook, D12 shoulda sonned everyone in his reach everyone and LeBron should've hit some gamewinners and won All-Star MVP. The momentum he would've had if he won that, would've put him right there in the conversation.

Basically Kobe and the Lakers had that All-Star weekend and 3 weeks after that LeBron would've needed for that MV3. His fault for pissing people off.
ohwell.gif

I agree LeBron's better and D12 and KD too. 
To me the first step of an MVP season is seeming like you've done everything you can possibly do, and that was the difference in your team never really failing. KD shoulda sonned Westbrook, D12 shoulda sonned everyone in his reach everyone and LeBron should've hit some gamewinners and won All-Star MVP. The momentum he would've had if he won that, would've put him right there in the conversation.

Basically Kobe and the Lakers had that All-Star weekend and 3 weeks after that LeBron would've needed for that MV3. His fault for pissing people off.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I saw this coming. Props out to DRose and the Bulls fans.
--SMH at all the Bulls bandwagoners and their snapbacks here in SD though.
Really?  All the way to Daygo now huh? 

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I saw this coming. Props out to DRose and the Bulls fans.
--SMH at all the Bulls bandwagoners and their snapbacks here in SD though.
Really?  All the way to Daygo now huh? 

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game.  It's about carrying your team to be at the top of your division, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your play and being well-respected throughout the league.  That is what an MVP is all about!  Congrats to D.Rose!! 

Another thing...

LeBron's numbers were virtually the same as the past two years...BRILLIANT! However, he WENT to play with another top five player and another all star and couldn't even stay atop the east. The late game failures is another discussion that doomed him. How can you not go to your MVP in the clutch for a win? HOW???

Rose's only late game failure this year (that I can remember at the moment) was the missed free throw against the Clippers at home with like .3 sec left. Had he hit the game goes into overtime and they possibly pull it out. Other than that, he was hitting clutch baskets all year. Yall boy LBJ was a colossal L at the end of games though. Heat won most of their games by 10+.

Another thing...

LeBron's numbers were virtually the same as the past two years...BRILLIANT! However, he WENT to play with another top five player and another all star and couldn't even stay atop the east. The late game failures is another discussion that doomed him. How can you not go to your MVP in the clutch for a win? HOW???

Rose's only late game failure this year (that I can remember at the moment) was the missed free throw against the Clippers at home with like .3 sec left. Had he hit the game goes into overtime and they possibly pull it out. Other than that, he was hitting clutch baskets all year. Yall boy LBJ was a colossal L at the end of games though. Heat won most of their games by 10+.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Edit: bandwagon fairweather Knicks fan. Cuz now you're a Heat fan? smh...do I really have to respond after that? Why don't u log off. It's obvious you're still hurt about your Knicks getting swepted.

Didn't even notice this. You must be talkin to Cosmic or somthin.

Edit: bandwagon fairweather Knicks fan. Cuz now you're a Heat fan? smh...do I really have to respond after that? Why don't u log off. It's obvious you're still hurt about your Knicks getting swepted.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game. It's about carrying your team tobe at thetop of yourdivision, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your playand being well-respected throughout the league. That is what an MVP is all about! Congrats to D.Rose!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The right person won the award.  To be the MVP of the league it's not about racking up a bunch of technical fouls during the season while not playing for your team down the stretch cause your suspended for certain games, it's not about dancing on stage before the regular season even begins talking about how many championships your NOT going to win and coming up with silly commercials, and it's dam sure not about saying derogatory slurs to a referee on national television for all to see during a game. It's about carrying your team tobe at thetop of yourdivision, restoring greatness back to your organization, being a leader on your team with your playand being well-respected throughout the league. That is what an MVP is all about! Congrats to D.Rose!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 D.Rose deserved this W/OUT QUESTION! Man, I live right smack dab in this whole Heat hoopla (the tri-county area of south Florida) and, the few folk that honestly care about the Heat, should be mad at the bandwagon fans. When they won the 'ship in '06, it caused a huge raucous after people hadn't even cared about the heat. AA Arena stayed empty on game nights before then. I swear, everytime a team down here gains a big-time free agent, people go nuts. I respect Lebrons game to the fullest, he's a triple-double threat everynight. He puts up all the stats, but he DOES NOT have the intangibles or killer instincts it takes to make his presence felt when the game is on the line. I saw him make that big shot against Orlando back in '09 w/Cleve but, I also saw him quit on his squad last year. I vividly Remember seeing him walking off dejected after they were eliminated. That's not the type of attention you want to garner.

I dont care about the big press conference or "Taking my talents to South Beach" junk but, I guess he couldnt be blessed with every endearing quality. How could people NOT want D. Rose to win MVP? He's quite possibly the most humble superstar in all of sports right now. The kid is a flat out baller. It's amazing how his jumper has developed in 3 short years. And he is unstoppable when he gets to the cup. I've never seen a dude with hands that dexterous once he attempts a layup. His game is perfectly suited for the point guard position. He can be a scorer or, distributer. He took Rondo's manhood and soul in the last game they played against the Celts. He's not afraid to mix it up with the bigs and when his team is in jeopardy of losing (Not just talking final or G/W shot attempts) he turns it up a notch. This will be one of many more MVPs

30t6p3b.gif
 D.Rose deserved this W/OUT QUESTION! Man, I live right smack dab in this whole Heat hoopla (the tri-county area of south Florida) and, the few folk that honestly care about the Heat, should be mad at the bandwagon fans. When they won the 'ship in '06, it caused a huge raucous after people hadn't even cared about the heat. AA Arena stayed empty on game nights before then. I swear, everytime a team down here gains a big-time free agent, people go nuts. I respect Lebrons game to the fullest, he's a triple-double threat everynight. He puts up all the stats, but he DOES NOT have the intangibles or killer instincts it takes to make his presence felt when the game is on the line. I saw him make that big shot against Orlando back in '09 w/Cleve but, I also saw him quit on his squad last year. I vividly Remember seeing him walking off dejected after they were eliminated. That's not the type of attention you want to garner.

I dont care about the big press conference or "Taking my talents to South Beach" junk but, I guess he couldnt be blessed with every endearing quality. How could people NOT want D. Rose to win MVP? He's quite possibly the most humble superstar in all of sports right now. The kid is a flat out baller. It's amazing how his jumper has developed in 3 short years. And he is unstoppable when he gets to the cup. I've never seen a dude with hands that dexterous once he attempts a layup. His game is perfectly suited for the point guard position. He can be a scorer or, distributer. He took Rondo's manhood and soul in the last game they played against the Celts. He's not afraid to mix it up with the bigs and when his team is in jeopardy of losing (Not just talking final or G/W shot attempts) he turns it up a notch. This will be one of many more MVPs

Originally Posted by MR J 858

pimp.gif
props to D. Rose for winning the award this year.

But hate to break it to you Bulls fans.

The regular season MVP Award winner curse will continue this year
laugh.gif

It got Kobe in 2008, then got Lebron in 2009 & 2010. All of them won this award but ended those seasons with no rings.
If he continues the streak of when a Bulls player wins the MVP.....

Originally Posted by MR J 858

pimp.gif
props to D. Rose for winning the award this year.

But hate to break it to you Bulls fans.

The regular season MVP Award winner curse will continue this year
laugh.gif

It got Kobe in 2008, then got Lebron in 2009 & 2010. All of them won this award but ended those seasons with no rings.
If he continues the streak of when a Bulls player wins the MVP.....

LeBron took his name out of the running as soon as he decided to play with Wade.

I don't see how people were listing LeBron and Wade as MVP candidates.

LeBron took his name out of the running as soon as he decided to play with Wade.

I don't see how people were listing LeBron and Wade as MVP candidates.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

wasn't directed toward u. That was for that "Knicks" fan.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

wasn't directed toward u. That was for that "Knicks" fan.

It's a conspiracy to build more known faces for the league as a lot of the better known veterans are on the way out.
People bring up the Nash mvp argument, but Nash was the most important figure on one of the most potent offensive teams ever.  Chicago wins mostly off defense, now is Rose the most dynamic defender on the Bulls?  The problem with the award is what tangibles are included to determine the winner.  Is it stats? how much of it is an emotional vote? 

We all know everyone and their mother doesn't really like Lebron too much and it shows by peoples counter arguments including the Decision
eyes.gif
grin.gif
, Bron's lack of game winners...maybe a valid argument.  However, nobody mentions the difficulty of transitioning into a new team with new players; including another top player in Wade.  Still being able to put up very similar #'s to his previous MVP seasons should be a testament to at least being 2nd in votes if he did not win.

Someone said earlier, Rose is the better story. Congrats though, he's a great player.

Back
Top Bottom