BREAKING: Socal Fire - 600 homes lost in Sylmar! Update: 57fwy is closed

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I'm shook, this is horrible.
This has become a pretty traumatic experience this weekend, even though the fire in DB currently subsided. There is still a lot of smoke in thoseCountry Estates, and most of my friends there had to evacuate and probably will not come back until tonight or possibly even tomorrow.

Sucks to know that my friend told me that his friend's house was a victim to the fire, and lost everything. Hopefully, he and his family and all thoseother victims out there can recover from this disaster. I personally could not even imagine what it would be like to lose my own house. Good luck to everyoneout there who are still affected by this.

so most of the houses were million dollar homes?
nerd.gif
eek.gif

not to mention the cars and valuables that were lost

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Originally Posted by marath0n

does anyone know a site where I can check the status of my neighborhood? I'm in Eastlake BTW right off of YL Blvd and Fairmont

Eastlake is the neighborhood in front of yorba regional right?

If so, my friend lives in there and she evacuated last night, and as of right now, she said that the area hasn't been harmed by the fire yet....

But in the mean time..
I'm about to go help my friend and his family out..
his house was victim to the fires....
this is so tough seeing close friends have something happen like this to them..
i can't even imagine what he's going through...
please keep your thoughts and prayers out for him...
smh.gif
i wish them the best, sad S!!!.
thankfully they are ok tho.

I saw on the news that a few people got arrested for breaking into those houses that got evacuated

Just got off the phone with my father. My uncle and his family evacuated earlier this afternoon and are now staying at my grandmothers place. But she's inDB as well so everyone is packing and waiting for a police announcement. My prayers goes out to everyone that's been affected and hope it won't getworse.

SHWAP, you still at the crib?

I'm over here in Walnut and the air is awful. Smoke + smoker's lungs = uncontrollable coughing.
smh.gif

im at norwalk right now .. called in sick for work because i work outside ..and dint want to work all day in a mask...
by the way this is scary as hell!

That's how its looked all day here as well (Downtown LA). It's not as bad as those Norwalk pictures but it's very noticeable. Grey smoky cloudshovering throughout the skyline and ash all over my car.

Hopefully no more homes are lost or people injured.

I know i'm stupid for this one... but I wanna go out there and snap some pictures from brea
if you do, just be careful. trust me.

im in chatsworth. we just finished with the porter ranch/ granada hills/ lake view fire. here are some shots from the proter ranch fires not too long ago.

1z32c7o.jpg

2sb5284.jpg

wivipf.jpg

10zzd5t.jpg

rwp5rn.jpg

2likgw6.jpg

qxp5ch.jpg

oj1qxj.jpg

oa51k9.jpg

34g2f82.jpg

143nqjt.jpg

zojf6a.jpg

Yeah, 5 looters were arrested in the Trailer Park that bruned down in Sylmar.

it's pathetic.

There was another story too, i think it wass in yorba linda.
The guy was evacuated already, but he left some important stuff so he had to go back
and once he got back into his house he saw to ladies(18 and 33) in his house stealing jewlery and such...
they pile dup the stuff outside the garage and their car was rightt here and the guy caught them
smh.gif

it just so happened that a police car came by and arrested the two ladies

the audactiy of these people
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Derrtay

Yeah, 5 looters were arrested in the Trailer Park that bruned down in Sylmar.

it's pathetic.

There was another story too, i think it wass in yorba linda.
The guy was evacuated already, but he left some important stuff so he had to go back
and once he got back into his house he saw to ladies(18 and 33) in his house stealing jewlery and such...
they pile dup the stuff outside the garage and their car was rightt here and the guy caught them
smh.gif

it just so happened that a police car came by and arrested the two ladies

the audactiy of these people
smh.gif
Wow
smh.gif
Hope everyone is alright. This kind of stuff is crazy to me, how are insurance companies in Cali still in business?

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Wow
smh.gif
Hope everyone is alright. This kind of stuff is crazy to me, how are insurance companies in Cali still in business?

i know Allstate stopped selling homeowner's insurance in CA last year. those that had prior policies will continue to remain effective as longas they pay their premium.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by calgoresback

so... how many deaths were there resulting from the fire?
I believe none, I think 6 firefighters injured

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Well I guess I'm evacuating soon
frown.gif

Good luck dude.

Thanks bruh
Thats great. Man I hope everybody makes it out alive. Wait didn't a homeless man and his dog die?

You know what sucks. Cali is right next to a massive body of water. Someone needs to design some type of water pipeline and some type of new hose for thefirefighters so they can fight these fires better.

Back
Top Bottom