BREAKING: Socal Fire - 600 homes lost in Sylmar! Update: 57fwy is closed

I was just up in Anaheim, right by the border of where the smoke met blue sky. I took a couple of pics, I'll try to upload them later.

Wow, i just came home (I live in Norwalk) and it is AWFUL outside. Sooo much ash everywhere and the air is horrible. The sky is brown and the sun is red.

san bernardino has been lucky so far we usually get hit hard around this time..all we are getting so far is the santa ana winds... prayers go out to all thefams being affected and safe journey home for the firefighters out there.... they really out their lives on the line for that stuff man..

@!%#!

BREA FREEWAY NEXT TO THE MALL on imperial is PACKED... people are flipping Us going back onto the street using an onramp

this *#%$ is wild...

I know i'm stupid for this one... but I wanna go out there and snap some pictures from brea
ohwell.gif

I'm pretty far from everything, urban area (East LA, near Cal State LA), and I'm sitting in my bedroom and I could smell the smoke,
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

here in irvine, i can see a clear cut divide between the blue sky and the pitch black smoke. it's pretty intense. my girlfriend told me the sky is brown and ashey in anaheim. this is the one time of the year that i really really really hate socal. so many families lose their houses every year it seems due to these fires
tired.gif
thats sound pic worthy but thats crazy though i couldnt imagine being homeless
tired.gif
i'm in irvine and here are some pics i just took

3032690885_5c956c7cfe_o.jpg

took that one around 2pm

and i just took these two
3033534182_052ffc5117_b.jpg

thats facing west

3032691011_d1447ae868_b.jpg

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi for freeway closures

SO glad none of that smoke is over us (at least for now). had enough of that last year
this is the one time of year i really hate socal.

the sunset right now is just burning orange, if i wasn't lazy I'd go outside and snap some pics

i'm so lucky to be on the 15 side of corona and not the 91
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Does anybody know if the 57s to the 91w is closed? I need to head to downtown Fullerton (exit Magnolia to be exact) and I can't seem to find any exact routes of freeway closures...

completely closed dude, just announced it on channel 4

call the CHP for up all the closures
Dammit,
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I just woke up, hoping they would be open... wreckless drivers, messing up my plans.

Man I'm in Diamond Bar and luckily none of the fire is coming here.
But damn like everybody already said before, this +@@* is crazy. Most of the major streets here are blocked and freeways are closing because there's somuch smoke that the drivers can't even see what's in front of them.
Here's a few shots of the smoke from my house

Sick. Good luck to everybody in Brea, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, etc.

The skies are filled with black smoke throughout SOCAL. You can't stay outside too long before you start to choke and gasp for air. People are stuck andblocked off from going from point A to point B. I had plans to drive out to meet friends today. However I will stay inside my home to avoid any potentialincidents. People are driving real recklessly with disregards to safety. Its amazing how people lose common sense at a time of panic.
ohwell.gif

Its really looking bad as a lot of lives are going to be ruined. This is going to effect not only the families that lost their properties, but also the peopleof California as a whole.

Large amounts of money will be spent to rebuild when California is already in debt. Insurance companies are going to get swamped with claims during this poorhousing market crisis. We still haven't recovered from the last large fire we endured.

Good Bless and Good Luck to all those who have lost.

I saw the the fires in Lakeview last night from this chick's house. It was crazy seeing the fire move toward the 210. I bolted back to urban L.A. beforethe freeway shut down.

I wake up today at 2:30 thinking someone is burning food in the house. Smoke is all over L.A.
smh.gif

I hope everyone is safe out there and everybody recovers from their losses.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by RKO2004

For anyone out there, did the families who lost their homes last year get new ones built or anything like that?
It all depends on whether or not the insurance companies protected them or if they had any at all. I don't live out there but I'm certain that people flat out moved away from there in hopes that something like that would never happen again to them.
Dang. California seems so unsafe now. Earth quakes, near a big body of water, wild fires, the Clippers and the raiders.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JC08

Jim Cramer's plan is working...

But seriously I hope everyone is fine and comes out OK.
Jim Cramer is the man
pimp.gif

Hope all those fires get put out and that they don't spread any further.
frown.gif

[url=http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-11/43389791.jpg%5B/img]http://www.latimes.com/me...2008-11/43389791.jpg[/img[/url]

[img]http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/nerd.gif, armageddon anyone?

Hope everyone's doing well around the surrounding areas. I remember when SD was lit up, that was no joke. Classes were canceled and people were goinghaywire. My classmate from down the street at the time kept calling me and asking me if we're supposed to evacuate. It was like something out of a videogame, it was raining ashes and the air was unbearable.

I was supposed to be at a charity event in Northridge and was told that it was canceled due to the fires.

Back
Top Bottom