BRED 11 GUARANTEE OR SCAM?

ok so i was talking on another thread about how i wasnt able to get the playoff 12s when they dropped and i remembered something that a craigslist guy messaged me
i couldnt even get them in the cart online, started at exactly midnight didnt give up until like 3, but ill get them sooner or later.....then the funny thing is a guy from craigslist messaged me saying he could guarantee me the breds and any shoe from here on out. so i decided to listen to what he had to offer knowing there had to be a catch. 

he says his friend has a low key store blah blah blah and an account with jordan and he was gonna get all the releases except the cav 4s. but jordan brand didnt want to give him the breds because he didnt move too much inventory or whatever. if he wanted to get the breds he would have to sell more jordan apparel. SO if i wanted to be in his little circle or what not, and get the breds guaranteed without waiting or camping, i would have to purchase a jacket from them that is dropping the same day as the breds. THE CATCH is that the damn jacket is like 400 dollars (if i recall correctly or maybe it was 800) i didnt have to give up the money up front i just had to say i was gonna purchase the jacket or give like a down payment. The guy i talked to said that the owner of the store had already bought (out of his pocket) the 8 jackets that jordan was requiring in order to get the breds, so the owner was just looking to sell them at his price and not the MSRP. 

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS JACKET?   I CALL SCAM ON THIS ONE

this is the jacket, he says its out of the catalog.

It's not worth 400$ and if you want a pair you can get an air randy pair or a marqueesole for around 300, not sure.

sounds like a scam to me, if you are going to buy a 400 dollar jacket just so you can have a pair on lock, you might as well spend 400 and buy from a reseller or early release.  Getting a pair of your favorite jordans is getting crazy.

Originally Posted by zeru

It's not worth 400$ and if you want a pair you can get an air randy pair or a marqueesole for around 300, not sure.

jaja yeah i just wanted to listen to what he had to say, although i do think the jacket looks fresh! but i dont need a pair so bad that im gonna buy a jacket for that price just to guarantee that i get a pair. 
i just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this jacket or know anything about this jacket? looks to me like the collar has the jumpman on it.....if this jacket is infact real and under 200 i wouldnt mind buying it 

probably be a scam.Must be another air randy again.Crazy how people try to come up with ways on how to add more complication to already complicated situation.I'd rather cop 2 pairs if I could than to buy that jacket. Imagine camping for these and ending up getting the jacket instead. 
roll.gif

im gonna hit him up if i dont get a pair of obsidians or military blues, he said even if i didnt buy the jacket i could call and cop a pair of kicks since its a low key shop and not many people know about it

IM GONNA SEE HOW TRUE IT IS lol

Wall of text,Jacket is fugly. Reminds me of that anime, sailermon. Just wait till the inital release.

I've actually had shop owners try this on me. This only happens at mom and pop stores, and only at ones that haven't been open for ages, but basically a shop won't get it's full allocation of a hot shoe unless they agree to take on a bunch of crap from Jordan Brand, some places end up not even bothering to get the big retro releases, others end up doing this. The shop I occasionally go to tried this on me with the cool greys, the deal was going to be I'd get the shoes with no markup, provided I bought the tee, socks, sandals, and windbreaker. All in all I'd have spent like $500 on stuff I'd never use OR I could pay a "small" markup and get the shoes for $290. I ended up ordering my pair from Europe.

That being said, expect to hear more stuff like this from smaller shops, the Reps have been playing hard ball with them since they know the 11s can make or break you. You sell the 11s and people are going to go to your shop for releases all the time.

usually places require that you buy an article of clothing I.E. shirt or 2 articles of clothing to reserve  a pair but wow 400 to reserve and then pay retail on top what an idiot charging crazy prices for GR

yeah he said it was/is his fathers jordan account and he was making a new store so he falls into that category of mom and pop shop or smaller shop... hopefully the shop part of the story is true tho. as of right now the only place to get shoes in my area is the mall, and theres only one mall in my area nearest other mall is around an hour away

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Wall of text,Jacket is fugly. Reminds me of that anime, sailermon. Just wait till the inital release.

i actually think the jacket is fresh. looks like a varsity jacket and a blazer, the buttons look a little wack but i would definitely check it out if its a real jacket

Wait, so you'd pay $400 to get a pair of Bred XI's, which in turn you'd have to pay for?
So $580 in turn, for a pair of Breds?????????
(maybe I'm reading this wrong)

Just buy them from me for $400 total!
smile.gif

This has also happened to me before, but I turned it down and it was a little different.

They would sell you the sneakers, but you had to buy Jordan Brand apparel to get the sneakers at retail.

Originally Posted by MurdaMilJoker

Come on son how can you not know that it was a scam?

might not be a complete scam. like other people stated its happened to them before where the owners of shops in order to give you retail price on a shoe you have to buy jordan apparel because jordan brand requires a certain amount of apparel to be moved as well as the shoes

Back
Top Bottom