Brian Scalabrine "The White Mamba" challeging people 1 on 1

Dude played 11 years in the NBA for a reason. Dude wasn't even going hard. What the hell yall think would happen if he was actually trying? Outside of probably a few lucky shots from who he was going up against, he would have skunked them.

First dude played at Cuse like someone above me said. Saw that on the telecast. The others I have no idea about their resumes.

But but but but theres a guy in a rec park somewhere better than Jordan!!!!

Most quality DII kids would annihilate the rec ball player.
Truth. Even Dennis Rodman was a DII basketball player and there are many more talented players also.
But but but but theres a guy in a rec park somewhere better than Jordan!!!!
Haha, good one.
Dude played 11 years in the NBA for a reason. Dude wasn't even going hard. What the hell yall think would happen if he was actually trying? Outside of probably a few lucky shots from who he was going up against, he would have skunked them.
Never underestimate the ability of any basketball veteran.

Funny thing is while he had a good variety of moves, you could tell he still wasn't going all out. Just goes to show that no matter what a players role is in the NBA, their game is still so complete.

I'm played against and beat quite a few dudes who are in the L right now and in the Pac 12/Big Sky/WCC and some other conferences in D1. *Shrugs*. (humblebrag)

But props to Scal for going all the way through with the challenge and destroying those cats. :pimp: :pimp:

As in 1 on 1?

I have played WITH and AGAINST tons of guys that are now in the league...And they are just silly with their size and athleticism. And I played in college lol.

THIS. When I was in school in North Carolina I played against a few cats from UNC, my school, and other D1 dudes like that and I when I would stand next to these guys I was like "damn I'm the same height as him," but their level of athleticism was the MAIN difference.

I'm 6'3 bout 190 and got a basic game, word to Andre Miller, but instead of laying it up with a strong two hand backboard smack in the paint like me these ****** would dunk it with two hands like Dwight Howard or something. But, on topic yeah that White Mamba/red head white guy shtick is funny and all but there's a reason Scalabrine played in the league for 10+ yrs, he could ball.

Career avgs at USC 15.7 PPG 6.1 RPG 51% FG

If you're gonna humblebrag like that, let's get some names.

Jordan Hamilton (Went to Hs Together for two years. Nuggets)
Jordin Mayes (Arizona)
Isaac Hamilton (UTEP next year)
Larry Drew (UCLA. Homie bounced us out the playoffs my sophomore year of HS too :smh: )
Andre Miller (Nuggets. I specifically remember last summer the whole gym was mad cuz homie's team kept winning and he kept hitting game winners. No dunking, no "jump"shot, just flat out nice)
The Wear Twins (UCLA)
Spencer Dinwiddle (Grew up with him. Colorado)
Askia Booker (Same thing. Colorado)
O.J. Mayo (Mavs)
Duce Zaid (Weber State)
Russell Westbrook (Thunder)
James Harden (Rockets)
Darren Collison (Mavs)
Dwyane Polee (San Diego State)
Casper Ware (UCSB last year. Overseas pro this year)
Renardo Sydney (I think he's with the Defenders now)
Royce (Grew up with him too. Weber State)
Len Springs (Grew up with him. My dawg for life. NAU)
Mark Jackson (He's not D1 or pro. But he's Mark Jackson's son so yeah :lol:)
Demar Derozoan (All The time. I specifically remember in my 10 grade year in the summer homie dropped 40 on us and didn't score the first quarter)
Brandon Jennings
Elton Brand

I could go on. More names will come to me i'm sure.

Last edited:
As in 1 on 1?

I have played WITH and AGAINST tons of guys that are now in the league...And they are just silly with their size and athleticism. And I played in college lol.

One on one, and full court. Mostly full court 5 on 5 stuff though.

Really in L.A., if you grew up in the hoop-scene out here it's not hard at all to play with pros and stuff like that. I never thought of it like playing against Pros and stuff, it's more like "It's the summer, me and the homies are bored, let's go up to UCLA and hoop" and then pros will be there and because I know a few from growing up, I play with them.

while impressive i would have liked to see him play someone at least his size or someone who could at least get around him and finish

If you're gonna humblebrag like that, let's get some names.

Jordin Mayes (Arizona)
Larry Drew (UCLA. Homie bounced us out the playoffs my sophomore year of HS too :smh: )
Andre Miller (Nuggets. I specifically remember last summer the whole gym was mad cuz homie's team kept winning and he kept hitting game winners. No dunking, no "jump"shot, just flat out nice)
The Wear Twins (UCLA)
O.J. Mayo (Mavs)
Duce Zaid (Weber State)
James Harden (Rockets)
Darren Collison (Mavs)
Demar Derozoan (All The time. I specifically remember in my 10 grade year in the summer homie dropped 40 on us and didn't score the first quarter)
Brandon Jennings
Elton Brand

Wait....are you saying you played 1 on 1 with these dudes? Please tell me thats not what you are saying. It will prevent myself and everyone else from posting clever ducktails type pics/gifs.

Jordin Mayes (Arizona)
The Wear Twins (UCLA)
O.J. Mayo (Mavs)
Duce Zaid (Weber State)
James Harden (Rockets)
Darren Collison (Mavs)
Brandon Jennings
Elton Brand

your quote:

I'm played against and beat quite a few dudes who are in the L right now and in the Pac 12/Big Sky/WCC and some other conferences in D1.

Who did you beat 1 on 1?

your quote:
Who did you beat 1 on 1?

I've only beat Issac, Spencer, Len, and Ski "one on one" and that was only a few times. My fault. I thought the gist of the question was playing against those guys and having success against them. Like going one on one with them during 5 on 5 pick up, or during an actual game.

My fault g.

Wait....are you saying you played 1 on 1 with these dudes? Please tell me thats not what you are saying. It will prevent myself and everyone else from posting clever ducktails type pics/gifs.

You can post your ducktail pics Idc :lol: have no reason to lie was just responding to the thread. I could prove my point easily. But yeah, Nobody plays "One on One" anyway. Who does that? Ask yourself that. Who seriously plays "One on One?"

WAIT....You beat ISSAC HAMILTON one on one? How much older are you? Since he's a sr in hs...the gap you have said between players is about 8 years...and Casper went to LBST.

I know all this because I was on the same AAU team as a few of the people you mentioned. I take it you went to Dorsey?

I play at UCLA in the summers, you must know that it's invite only runs right?

I have played with/ against almost every single player you named...if you still play with them in the off season you have definitely seen me, and if I played them one on one I would stand no chance.

I would stand no chance against Issac right now...

Last edited:
WAIT....You beat ISSAC HAMILTON one on one? How much older are you? Since he's a sr in hs...the gap you have said between players is about 8 years...and Casper went to LBST.

I know all this because I was on the same AAU team as a few of the people you mentioned. I take it you went to Dominguez?

I play at UCLA in the summers, you must know that it's invite only runs right?

I have played with/ against almost every single player you named...if you still play with them in the off season you have definitely seen me, and if I played them one on one I would stand no chance.

I would stand no chance against Issac right now...

Man it wasn't a serious game it was like, Horse or something. It wasn't serious :lol: plus it was like so long ago man. That list was more so answering homie question that's all. It's a bunch of people i've played with and against not "one on one" and Yes I know it's invite only runs that's how I get on floor. Certain people vouch for me and say I'm okay, and I play. At The SAC center up there.

Isaac is like 18, i'm 20. Like I said, I don't play "One on One" nor I do I know anybody who seriously plays "One on One." That proves nothing.

And I didn't go to Dominguez, I went to Dorsey. I played with Isaac my whole life basically, all the way up until High school when he went to Crenshaw, before he went to Bosco.

And my fault, I meant LBST with Casper. I grew up with him too. I met him through my mom, who hooped with Casper's sister in the drew league and say no for women back in the day when I was a youngster.

Last edited:
Man it wasn't a serious game it was like, Horse or something. It wasn't serious :lol: and Yes I know it's invite only runs that's how I get on floor. Certain people vouch for me and say I'm okay, and I play. At The SAC center up there.

Isaac is like 18, i'm 20. Like I said, I don't play "One on One" nor I do I know anybody who seriously plays "One on One." That proves nothing.

And I didn't go to Dominguez, I went to Dorsey. I played with Isaac my whole life basically, all the way up until High school when he went to Crenshaw, before he went to Bosco.

And my fault, I meant LBST with Casper. I grew up with him too. I met him through my mom, who hooped with Casper's sister in the drew league and say no for women back in the day when I was a youngster.

Weird, I run with almost everyone you have mentioned. You don't know many of them personally or anything do you? Like BJ or Harden?

I was in the Drew as well as the Say No. Always good runs.

Of course none of those dudes play one on one.

Anyways, as I said earlier the dudes in the league are athletic freaks. Their size, length ****** etc etc can't be matched even at the college level.

Man it wasn't a serious game it was like, Horse or something. It wasn't serious :lol: plus it was like so long ago man. That list was more so answering homie question that's all. It's a bunch of people i've played with and against not "one on one" and Yes I know it's invite only runs that's how I get on floor. Certain people vouch for me and say I'm okay, and I play. At The SAC center up there.

There's a pretty big difference between beating NBA players/prospects in horse vs 1-on-1. And yes it does count for something. Pre-draft workouts frequently have 1-on-1 or 3-on-3 exercises to compare players.

Weird, I run with almost everyone you have mentioned. You don't know many of them personally or anything do you? Like BJ or Harden?

I was in the Drew as well as the Say No. Always good runs.

Of course none of those dudes play one on one.

Anyways, as I said earlier the dudes in the league are athletic freaks. Their size, length ****** etc etc can't be matched even at the college level.

A few like Len, Ski, Spencer, Isaac, Jordan, Jordin, Duce, Dwyane Polee, Royce,Marqueze at Nevada, Casper, his lil bro irv that's at Long Beach now, I know personally...very personally actually.

And you are right. I get more impressed by the Casper's and Askia's of the world because they are like my height almost (Well i'm a bit taller than Casper.) and their athleticism is off the charts :smh:

There's a pretty big difference between beating NBA players/prospects in horse vs 1-on-1. And yes it does count for something. Pre-draft workouts frequently have 1-on-1 or 3-on-3 exercises to compare players.

I don't think you're getting my point. Of course if you are at a NBA predraft workout 1 on 1 and 3 on 3 stuff matter. EVERYTHING you do matters there. But nobody I know who hoops goes around saying "Let's play one on one" is my point. Unless circumstances like scouts or NBA people are asking you to.

My point was that I've played (and play) with and against those caliber players I mentioned routinely. That's all.

But nobody I know who hoops goes around saying "Let's play one on one" is my point. Unless circumstances like scouts or NBA people are asking you to.

Dogg that's the whole point of the thread, whether average Joes can 'take' NBA players. :lol: And no, horse doesn't count.

Dogg that's the whole point of the thread, whether average Joes can 'take' NBA players. :lol: And no, horse doesn't count.

Dog I clearly in like 3 different post said "My Bad" :lol:

I took the point of the thread as "regular" people can't hoop/hang with D1/Pros which is where my post(s) came from

not actual "One on one" and all that :lol:

Dog I clearly in like 3 different post said "My Bad" :lol:

I took the point of the thread as "regular" people can't hoop/hang with D1/Pros which is where my post(s) came from

not actual "One on one" and all that :lol:

Well, they really can't...

I am "normal" in that I am 5'11 and not super athletic. But I am quick/ fast and have played ball since I was 4 or w/e...Only reason I can be in these open runs with big time d1/ nba players.

Scalabrine has been doing this for years at camps and stuff. When I was 14 he hosted a camp at the Hoop Heaven in Whippany, NJ and the last day of the camp he had the counselors pick like 10 of us to play him 1 on 1 to 3. I beat him 3-1 and was the only kid that beat him :lol: Dude was fouling the **** out of all of us. I always wondered if any other kids ever beat him at one of these camps. At the end of camp I asked him to autograph my Adidas Duncans...he was embarrassed to even put his signature on a pair of Tim Duncan's. He also told me that he was signing with Jordan Brand that summer and that Vince Carter was the hardest player he ever played against. And that game in the Eastern Conference Finals when he hit like 5 3 pointers in he showed us every. single. day. at lunch. Pretty sure it was the summer right after that.

Back
Top Bottom