Bring on the Snow Northeast...picked up my new whip!

Yeah but that only applies for manhattan...and you can still get away with driving into the city and finding parking, just depends....but what if you wanted to go into BK, parts of queens, shoot up into westchester?...from the heights?...using public transport...chill...

it is annoying no doubt, but i'm happy to have that option. its really a money thing tho, gas + insurance + repairs + car payment adds up, gotta weight how much you use the car vs. what you pay. my dad buys used cars with low mileage for great prices from people who let the car sit in their driveway.

Girls dont care about the torque and speed of a car. Youre gonna be impressing her ONCE if that, she aint gonna get wet every time you step on the pedal.
laugh.gif
And while you all doing that, youre gonna be wasting tons of gas.

All girls care about is a decent car that takes you from point A to B, having a nice luxury car helps but then you are attracting the wrong women. Even then, brand name and luxury > da torque and top speed.

Right on, although i dont even think Jesus himself would get a jesus piece before a car :lol:
[rule]:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: jewelry over a car? chill...

Nice pick up, if you're happy with it then what's the discussion. I don't have a car in NYC either, if you drive into Manhattan you're gonna get stuck in traffic everywhere and pay some crazy price for parking. A lot of people here could go without a car, but they don't do a proper cost benefit analysis and end up broke b/c of their car.

Yeah but that only applies for manhattan...and you can still get away with driving into the city and finding parking, just depends....but what if you wanted to go into BK, parts of queens, shoot up into westchester?...from the heights?...using public transport...chill...

i agree i live in queens and driving is easy. manhattan...f that noise.

Last edited:
das da problem with alot of ya, SWEAR having ANY wheels is better then NO wheels, and thats frankily not true, especially in NYC, everything runs

24/7 out here.

im not getting a whip thats trash or bland, or basically un-ninjahood worthy JUST to have one, thats thirsty talk for cats who sound like they dont have a

license and think driving is da cat's meow.
laugh.gif

i drive on these NYC streets every day for work, if any of ya follow my twitter/instagram ya know its flooded wit cool whips i see while im out and about.

lemme tell you, if you not road ready out in da 5 boros, then you have no business behind da steering wheel.

and everytime i see OP's car its south of houston parked outside some cheesy vintage shop with a female yuppie trust fund baby behind da wheel, its

da epitome of "poser rover"

if i was EVER gonna do a land rover, it would be da OG joint that they still make.

kahn-design-land-rover-defender-harris-tweed-edition-1-660x495.jpg

2007-land-rover-defender-90.jpg

now compare this pedigree of these vaunted rovers to...

Range-Rover-Evoque-1.jpg

yeah.....
laugh.gif
posh spice in HEELS can see over da damn thing.

this thing is a baby rover in every possible way. and with da price it commands, and you're willingness to buy it, it shows you DEFINITELY

copped it for da badge, and not what it does. da only reason i'm getting under you're skin is because im making it clear cuz i speak car talk.

i told you plenty of times, do whatever makes you happy with your money, but dont come on a messageboard expecting to get universal praise

for a whip alot of us know isn't something that accurately represents what that range rover nameplate is about. its da same as copping a 128i BMW expecting

cats in here that know about bimmers to give you props.
Bruh do you live in a different NY?...I mean I know exactly where you live and although yes there is a good subway system that'll get you into Manhattan, having any type of wheels WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN no wheels at all, who are you trying to fool?...there is more to NY than manhattan, keep it real.

A car doesn't limit you and you can always park it and take the subway should you choose to, but having the option >>>>>>>> not having the option and being forced to always depend on public transport or a cab....you know how Long it'll take your *** to get from your block to say white plains by public transport? About 1.5 hours...in a car...make that 30 minutes...without any wait.
da VAST majority of New Yorkers would agree with me that a car is NOT NEEDED whatsoever, da only reason most cats cop whips in da city

is to ATTEMPT to stunt, every cat i know who copped a whip when they were 19-22 basically used it to blast music on da strip parked tryin

to bag cueras on st. nick, and 9/10 times it was a wack honda civic, old acura integra, or old accord.

i dont need it for work AT ALL, so if imma cop a whip it better be worth it, and not no wack **** or some base model

**** just to ATTEMPT stunt.

i USED to work at da westchester mall in white plains and im fully aware how long it takes to get there, and at one point i was CLOSE to coppin

a whip out of a necessity, but since then my job in da city negated that need.

outside of manhattan, NYC is just a toss salad of residential blocks full of mom & pop stores dominated by whatever ethnicity you

just happened to be surrounded with at da moment...da only reason to move around from boro to boro is to look for yambz, and im from

da heightz, home of all da lush pieces of dominican yambz da world has ever known, i dont have to look for da party..i LIVE in da party.
nthat.gif

Girls dont care about the torque and speed of a car. Youre gonna be impressing her ONCE if that, she aint gonna get wet every time you step on the pedal. :lol: And while you all doing that, youre gonna be wasting tons of gas.

All girls care about is a decent car that takes you from point A to B, having a nice luxury car helps but then you are attracting the wrong women. Even then, brand name and luxury > da torque and top speed.

This. Chicks dont care about torque and speed. they care about the name

Girls dont care about the torque and speed of a car. Youre gonna be impressing her ONCE if that, she aint gonna get wet every time you step on the pedal.
laugh.gif
And while you all doing that, youre gonna be wasting tons of gas.

naw b.

performance >>> name luxury every time.

da definition of luxury in a car gets outdated QUICK, things that were luxury features a few years ago in a benz or bimmer is now STANDARD

in a Hyundai. 500+ horsepower in 1969 is STILL 500+ horsepower in 2012.

dat loud girgle from a monster engine >>> feeling cute in a luxury car

this is why AMG and da M sport division exist, because a car LOOKING good aint enuff.

well da cars that i like i dont care what era is it cuz i'd still push it.

Monte-1-JPEG.jpg
ain't no chick getting wet over a 1988 Monte Carlo unless you splash with a puddle picking her up
pssh, das what YOU think, besides da car i cop is for ME first.

once that ***** runs and rumbles in da hood, they definitely not complaining
smokin.gif

throw a LS engine in there, update da suspension to a more modern pro-touring set up, get a big brake kit and that sucka good to go.

naw b.

da definition of luxury in a car gets outdated QUICK, things that were luxury features a few years ago in a benz or bimmer is now STANDARD

this is why AMG and da M sport division exist, because a car LOOKING good aint enuff.
I was referring to what girls like in a car, not men. I think you missed that part.

And no, AMG and M divisions exist because of enthusiasts who care about performance. Not everyone cares about performance though. Its not that hard of a concept to understand or at the very least, acknowledge.

naw b.

that sound got my **** hard

This dude thinks females gonna get wet in your dukes of hazard car with roll down windows :lol: :lol:

Idk what hood sloots you deal with, they prob get excited at the thought of you even having a car :lol:

This dude thinks females gonna get wet in your dukes of hazard car with roll down windows
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Idk what hood sloots you deal with, they prob get excited at the thought of you even having a car
laugh.gif
duh, NYC broads just wanna be in a car period.

which pushes car literacy rates down further.

i got alot more standards then that, i dont care if i can street sweep young hick heathenz in a damn integra wit a fart can.. I DEMAND more

If you guys dont think OP can pick up chicks with his ride then you guys are delusional or you guys got some nasty chicks in your area.

OP whip is nice, sure its not amazing but ill be honest i like it over the range over because its different. I aint trying to cop a 2013 range and all these dudes copping used ones trying to stunt. Thats what killed the range for me. The value depreciates horribly and you got these low budget ballers buying them up second/third hand and driving around like they are someone.

let me know when you can go and do that with a G55 then ill care. If you got one of those then no one can talk ish to you, PERIOD.

Since I cant sleep let me chime in here since the recent posts occurred.

I've lived in Downtown Manhattan for my whole life. Been driving this streets for nearly 10 years now since I got my permit at 16, let me tell you driving in Manhattan may shorten your lifespan by 10 years but you learn a lot from these roads. The way other drivers and people act in my opinion make you a better driver anywhere else you may drive outside of the borough (and the 4 other boroughs as well). As far as the road conditions go, well they are of the 3rd world kind. All the money us New Yorkers pay in taxes and we get the **** of the **** road wise. When they do fix it, its a horrendous patch up job. And given those conditions, I still prefer to drive. Work pays for my garage (also have another spot at another garage for when I go home) so I drive to work everyday and I would rather sit in traffic for an extra 30 mins or more than get on any mode of public transportation. I for some reason always seem to attract rude @ssholes and the countless times I have been in arguments and incidents on the subway is ridiculous. People shove you to get on the train because they are ******g idiots with no manners and don't care about the known rule to just step aside and let people out. Its not like the damn conductor is going to leave without you. Then you have the bums panhandling, ugh. Because of that, its why like I said I rather sit in traffic. I'm comfortable in my own car. I stay cool in the summer, stay warm in the winter. Waiting on a cold during the winter, platform or a hot as balls platform during the summer is no fun. For what to save a few mins? No thanks. As long as I can I will have my car.

And the parking issue, I garage it. 25-40 dollars at spots when I go out that are not my 2 garages is cheaper because its cheaper than a ticket and costs less if someone hits me when parked out on the street. If it gets ****** up in a garage, they are on the hook. Just make sure you walk around and check the car before you leave and you are good.

Thing is of getting a car, a lot of fools get a car they can't afford and simply get it to stunt. Then they either cut back on things they shouldn't have to or they simply just keep the car until the repo man comes and gets it. As long as you live within your means and get your priorities straight then its cool. If you can afford a S65 then go for it, if you can afford only a Honda, then so be it. At least you know you put yourself in the right position for you.

And as far as the women and the vehicles. A.) If you get a certain vehicle to make a woman wet or attempt to, then you need to work on yourself. B.) Most chicks couldnt tell the difference for example, a regular Dodge Charger or an SRT Charger. They are more interested in their own looks and your performance rather than the car's. And LOL if you think the opposite.

Reason I got my SRT, is because I want to go somewhat fast and have the utility of the SUV (minus the towing but I dont tow anyways so its all good). I've had Jeeps ever since I can remember. Have had an XJ, 3 ZJ's, 1 WJ, and 2 WK's (last one is the SRT). The Jeep brand is what I do! And if they didnt have an SRT Jeep I would have the HEMI Overland. I'm about that Jeep life. :lol:

OP you did what you deemed necessary and fit for you and your situation. Applaud you for that. Again, GL with the car and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP will easily pick up chicks in this car. Ya'll are crazy. The chicks will see Range Rover and be like :D .. must be the new range rover. Its a Luxury Car. Range Rovers are known. The chick would think he dropped at least 50k on this.

Car is nice.

View media item 148881

Last edited:
da VAST majority of New Yorkers would agree with me that a car is NOT NEEDED whatsoever, da only reason most cats cop whips in da city

is to ATTEMPT to stunt, every cat i know who copped a whip when they were 19-22 basically used it to blast music on da strip parked tryin

to bag cueras on st. nick, and 9/10 times it was a wack honda civic, old acura integra, or old accord.

i dont need it for work AT ALL, so if imma cop a whip it better be worth it, and not no wack **** or some base model

**** just to ATTEMPT stunt.

i USED to work at da westchester mall in white plains and im fully aware how long it takes to get there, and at one point i was CLOSE to coppin

a whip out of a necessity, but since then my job in da city negated that need.

outside of manhattan, NYC is just a toss salad of residential blocks full of mom & pop stores dominated by whatever ethnicity you

just happened to be surrounded with at da moment...da only reason to move around from boro to boro is to look for yambz, and im from

da heightz, home of all da lush pieces of dominican yambz da world has ever known, i dont have to look for da party..i LIVE in da party. :nthat:

Bruh is that what life is all about man?...those dudes you speak of are just young cats, he'll I was one of them at one point with a riced out corolla sitting on 19 inch rims...but I was younnnggg...neither you or me are in that age group no more...dudes are age for the most part get a whip for its benefits first and foremost and the stunt factor is just secondary to everything else having a car offers...if I didn't have a car right now I wouldn't be able to even visit my moms before heading to work...by car she lives 15 mins away, public transport about almost 2 hours...cars are a nessesity no matter where you live, unless you plan on living your life in a bubble with everything at your reach.

I know kids don't play a factor in your life or even mine, but lets not forget that...pushing a stroller through the snow waiting in the blistering cold with your baby for a bus, is no way to live either, doesn't matter if you have 10 subway lines at your doorstep.

Btw the only people that'll be impressed by the cars Ninja is posting is other dudes for the majority....girls don't know about cars, all they see is a color and emblem and the size.

Btw the only people that'll be impressed by the cars Ninja is posting is other dudes for the majority....girls don't know about cars, all they see is a color and emblem and the size.

And if a girl is with you for your car in general, you need to step your standards up for who you date.

So ninja besides work and home, what else you do bruh...you seriously troop through the streets of the heights admirin yambs, you call up your boys to go for a stroll from 181st to dyckman?...or just chill on the steps of your building...I swear these were the recreational activities I found myself doing when I was 17 before I had my car and felt "there was no need for me to have a car" because i lived in the city :lol:

These replies are idiotic. "Living in a bubble"? In NY? Son.....

"Waiting for the bus" with a stroller? Son, the subway is underground.

You can do plenty in the city, by subway, that doesn't require a car. You're not relegated to chilling on steps and strolling through your hood. That's moronic.

There are car services and taxis, that, for the amount of a payment+insurance+parking balance out owning a car.

You can also rent when you need if you want to head out of the city. ZipCar and or proper rental.

Baby + stroller. You still have to walk in the snow. Unless your car is parked right in front of your building or you live in a building/house with parking within, which is not that common in NY for the working class, you still need to walk.

Some people MAY have a lifestyle, be it because of their job, family (as in your case) or what have you that may need one or may make a car more practical.

But it is certainly not a requirement in NYC. Not with our glorious public transportation.

My mother never had one. She learned to drive like 5 years ago when she moved back to PR. Because THERE, you need one. Same with Miami.

NYC, no. But my guess is a realistic idea of what is NEEDED is not something you possess.

I have to agree with ninja...narcissism is a mutha...

I am not about that Mazda, Mitsubishi, Maxima life....

I see dude huddle up in their civics and accords like some bob sledders....

I could never see myself hoping out a kia, hyundai, honda....**** would be depressing

That could never be me...

I respect a dude that can save up that bread, stack up and go foreign his 1st car...no hooptie...

Back
Top Bottom