Bronx Residents being overrun by tourists visiting #jokerstairs

Dude was soft for getting egg thrown at him.
But these fools really that mad over a staircase. Cmon man.

I see both sides, i get it, stupid to get mad over some staircase, but the flip side someone mention you have a good amount of traffic and no one is going to local stores and support hard working businesses. Just going there because you saw a movie but not doing nothing for a semi broken down community.

* shrugs *

I've never heard anyone say I'm going to the Bronx on vacation. What's so good about the Bronx?

-word to Joakim
the bx is dope.
honestly a lot of ppl that haven't stepped foot in nyc have negative things to say about the bx but the bx has more in it than most cities in this country.

put the Bronx in any state and most ppl in whatever state its in would love to visit or live there. easily.
same with any other borough, really.

Yeah the Bronx is not too bad, its just a good fun joke going on for years, but deep down every borough is cool with the BX and vice versa, like i said just a good harmless fun joke the boroughs have amongst eachother.

On god that too, my moms lives in Throgs neck, i visit her maybe like 2x a yr, that 6 train to westchester square and then BX40 bus is literally close to 3 hours smh

big facts.
I remember talking to this girl from the Bronx. son, the trip from parsons blvd to 233rd st...
(with no car)

it was worth it but still. |l :smh:

Last edited:
I see both sides, i get it, stupid to get mad over some staircase, but the flip side someone mention you have a good amount of traffic and no one is going to local stores and support hard working businesses. Just going there because you saw a movie but not doing nothing for a semi broken down community.

* shrugs *

It would be ideal but why do they have to? If I go to Lombard Street in SF I should stop by the nearest store there to buy a Sprite?

Different $$ in the neighborhoods buts the idea here.

the bx is dope.
honestly a lot of ppl that haven't stepped foot in nyc have negative things to say about the bx but the bx has more in it than most cities in this country.

put the Bronx in any state and most ppl in whatever state its in would love to visit or live there. easily.
same with any other borough, really.

Ive lived in the Bronx my whole life and naw man, disagree to an extent. We have the zoo, the Botanical Garden, City Island, where else would you want to go recreationally? I aint a big night life person, even then much rather be out in Queens, BK or the city on a Saturday night.

It would be ideal but why do they have to? If I go to Lombard Street in SF I should stop by the nearest store there to buy a Sprite?

Different $$ in the neighborhoods buts the idea here.

Because the way bronx residents see it is, your going to a poverty area thats been the same for years and years, all of a sudden you see one movie and now its like a landmark to people to post pics and videos for likes and not do nothing positive for the community. Had they contribute maybe they would see it different, but people are just exposing an area for likes.

I still dont see the problem really.
Places get popular from movies all the time, but since its the Bronx now its a problem?

Why does it have to improve the community? It would be nice but no one HAS to do anything.

Just a poverty community being exposed for likes. Thats like saying you live in a house that was known for something and now everyday you got people walking up to your house taking pics and videos.

Just feels like an invasion of privacy.

But like i said i understand from both sides.

i'm not so sure about throwing eggs at people but it's kinda funny how a little yolk can make that dude have a "really bad day". c'mon man, it's not THAT big a deal.

The thing about tourism though is that most tourists, regardless of country they're visiting, tend to stay in tourist areas. So, in NYC, tourist areas would be the Upper West Side and down in Manhattan. Or whatever area is gentrified. That area of the Bronx isn't known for tourism so it's out of whack for people to flock there all of a sudden because of a movie. People can go where they want but there will always be consequences. I've noticed that a lot of the people visiting the steps seem to be foreigners. They might not be fully aware of how the Bronx gets down. Makes me think of the recent story of the Japanese rapper who went to Cleveland looking for Bone Thugs cause he was a big fan. His *** got robbed. Bone helped him get back home but I think Krayzie issued a warning to their fans to avoid doing that kind of thing. They're from the hood and bad **** happens there.

I still dont see the problem really.
Places get popular from movies all the time, but since its the Bronx now its a problem?

Why does it have to improve the community? It would be nice but no one HAS to do anything.

That's tourism tho. When you visit another city or country, you're probably going to buy things from the local shops. Bronx is part of NYC but every borough sees itself like it's its own city. Those people taking flicks in front of the steps are probably not staying in the Bronx and probably aren't supporting local Bronx businesses. Supporting local businesses is a huge part of tourism. So they could be staying in Manhattan or BK and keeping their spending there whereas a place like the surrounding area of the stairs, isn't seeing those tourism dollars.

me either but i probably wouldn’t post it on social media and i’d get go some water and wash it off then go change.

If residents of an area know that at such and such place - things could get dicey and ish could flip on you at any moment - be it get pressed, robbed, harrassed by a crackhead, whatever, then the same goes for tourists. If youre gonna go into an area , you gotta be prepared for consequences. Aint no diplomatic immunity involved.

The thing that bothers me - and most ppl about gentrification - is this kind of “jolly go lucky we walk around do whatever we want carefree “ air from certain types of people. I dont want to sound like im hatin on another persons fun but it speaks on another topic about different views and mentalities of urban life . Some people view NYC as the hood - a struggle , a culture, while others see it as a playground.

Anyways- wish i was more articulate about that issue but concerning the stairs- i say eff em tourists. I dont pose in front of famous monumenta or whatver, i think thats silly. Seeing it is cool enough. That selfie and IG clout culture is toxic as hell.

So like I said before, people going over there gotta deal with bx ish. U might get an egg thrown on u. U might get harrassed. Thats just what it is.

I been standing on blocks before and gotten pressed by folks. So what they just wanna know what u doing there . For better or for worse, there is a block mentality that exists in pockets of NY. Aside from gentrified spots in BK and the city, a lot of NY just keep it real, go about their daily lives, worryin bout other stuff. Its really these folks tryna live out their movie version of NYC that have affected this city. Yeah i know we lost NYC to yuppies but its esp disheartening to see them treat these parts of the X now like a groupon tour.

And what sucks also like someone mentioned earlier- residents of the hood could never just mack and chill on those stairs like that . theres a clear double standard - and thats infuritaing as well because the sentiment is hard to put into words.

Ive had incidents in my past where friends and I have been given tickets for being in parks past a certain time, cops is like “noone is allowed in here past X o clock” . Two seconds later a yuppie couple walk thru chattin real loud about nonsense. We call the cops out on what they just said and they just tell us to worry bout ourselves. Its little things like that that really distort your sense of Fairness .

So i can understand residents sense of “what makes u think you good out here, If I cant get caught lackin- and im from here?”

how sway? its da only Boro not an island that has a Federal highway running right thru it, da I95 no less.
Bruh just because there’s a highway and bridge connecting to the bronx doesn’t mean it isn’t a pain in the *** to get to. We don’t live in kansas or Nebraska. There’s major highways connecting very borough except that cesspool Staten Island.

Standing in front of famous monuments and locations for pics is silly now? You know people have been doing that for DECADES before instagram was even invented right? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom