Bronze statue of Stephon Marbury is completed, Rodman with a speech at the ceremony (p. 6)

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by dakid23

Hollywood will make a movie of this...

Nahhhhh...They don't want to glorify a triumphant Black male.
20ffacw.jpg
Becoming a corporate tool =/= triumph  

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

This is such an amazing story.

I'm very happy for Stephon... everyone over here thinking he's crazy... but he goes overseas and makes more money and is winning championships than he would never get here.

Anyone notice how they stopped talking about Marbury once things started to turn in his life? 

They hate to see you shine.

So true, bad news is all they wanna talk about it seems.

if only iverson could bounce back. not just nba, but get his life straightened out.

Anyone notice how they stopped talking about Marbury once things started to turn in his life? 

"They" stopped talking about him because he went to China. Why is that a surprise?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

A walk down memory lane:
slam-marbury-kg.jpg

Fast forward to today and you can compare KD & Westbrook to this since we keep getting threads like the"Would OKC be better off without Westbrook threads" 
laugh.gif

But really though just glad to see Steph playing again and having success in China.

At least he didn't go out and his life ain't a mess like AI's right now.
that's has got to be the hardest medallion on an NBA player ever. I wanted that joint and my name doesn't have an "s" anywhere.

Originally Posted by quik1987
this explains it all

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Son! How tall is that guy in that video?! He look like 10 ft tall!

lol stephon looks 4'10'' next to those giant

kobe should go play in china after he retires from the nba

Very happy for Stephon Marbury. Very looking forward to seeing a Chinese movie about Starbury's life in China in the future. I still wear Stephon's T-Wolves jersey.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

"They" stopped talking about him because he went to China. Why is that a surprise?

Actually "they" wrote a very long article trying to paint him as delusional and broke for sticking it out in China before this recent success. 

damn, they built and presented him the statue with quickness 
laugh.gif

imagefromurl

imagefromurl

rodman gave a speech

think there is a book coming out in china too

i'm feeling the Statue. His arms look real lanky in it though. good for him. Is the statue in a random park? Doesn't look like it's near a stadium.

Real dope, happy for him.

For some reason dude follows me and always responds to me via twitter, dude stays positive always.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMan14

marbury more than just a ball player in that country

here's clip of a lil kid he met awhile back in the hospital and her gift to him after he won the chip.� its starts at 7:54
frown.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom