Building your own PC?

Originally Posted by sole vintage

^ nice stuff, what type of speakers do you have. i wanna hook up my ps3 to a pc monitor but i need a speaker system that takes optical
piece something together

I like your setup ATL
pimp.gif

^ nice stuff, what type of speakers do you have. i wanna hook up my ps3 to a pc monitor but i need a speaker system that takes optical

Thanks, and you dont need optical in on the speakers, although it would give you 5.1 sound. I have my PS3 and 360 going into my computers input with one ofthese:

url

You can get a RCA splitter so you can plug both the PS3 and 360 audio cables in. An HDMI/DVI switch wouldnt hurt either so you dont have to keep changing thecable from the PS3 to the 360 for the sound/video unles you get a monitor that supports two HDMI/DVI inputs.

Originally Posted by nnarum

I like your setup ATL
pimp.gif

Thanks

I have been building pc's since 13. However I have been outta the loop for the past few years. Time to get crackin.

logitech z-5500 look no further

15yvlzd.jpg

2i1e0y.jpg

so far i haven't had a drive fail on me but if you're getting it shipped by UPS there's 50/50 it will come broken. this is the box i got when i was building a pc for my buddy, as you can see it was all wet even the inside
mad.gif

j9pp5j.jpg

the first shot is intimidating as hell.

Z5500 is cool for a budget system. what ruins it is the fixed crossover of 120hz. So, you have your sub playing midrange since the small satellites can'thandle anything lower. even with a cheap bookshelf, you'll be amazed at how much midrange is missing.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on that 1.5 TB hard drive that Newegg has... $129.99 shipped.

Thats 11 gb per dollar.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I have my PS3 and 360 going into my computers input with one of these:
so you connected the rca input directly into your computer input while the pc is on to get sound, or did you connect it to the logitech speakers

I would go with the HAF 932 simply because of the ease of cable management, and more optimal airflow. The A900 isnt really known for cable tidyness, but withenough effort you can probably make it work. The HAF also looks nicer IMO.

Here is a quick cell phone pic of my new system. Nothing special, just swapped my HP media tower into a CM Centurion 590. Even stock this thing cools like itsnobodys business. HUGE temp changes, but I still want it even cooler. Looking to buy a 9800GTX+ or a GTS 250 at some point

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @ 2.6
4x1GB G.Skill 800mhz
XFX 8600GT XXX
Corsair CX400w PSU
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.10

OLD

NEW

yea i built a few homemade pc's
glasses.gif

got a laptop now. kinda scared to dismantle this baby tho lol

nice builds fellas, do you guys have a tv tuner card in them to watch tv? Debateing to build another as a media center type pc?..any info appreciated

Originally Posted by Shooter116

I would go with the HAF 932 simply because of the ease of cable management, and more optimal airflow. The A900 isnt really known for cable tidyness, but with enough effort you can probably make it work. The HAF also looks nicer IMO.

Here is a quick cell phone pic of my new system. Nothing special, just swapped my HP media tower into a CM Centurion 590. Even stock this thing cools like its nobodys business. HUGE temp changes, but I still want it even cooler. Looking to buy a 9800GTX+ or a GTS 250 at some point

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @ 2.6
4x1GB G.Skill 800mhz
XFX 8600GT XXX
Corsair CX400w PSU
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200.10

OLD

NEW

BIG difference good job man. I like how the newer cases have the PSU at the bottom makes the most sense. I cant wait to build a new rig whenever that is.

nerd.gif

My bad man... I know this is late as hell, but I have that 3.5mm to rca plug running straight from the audio on my PS3/360 to my computers input and itoutputs through my speakers. That way I can control the volume from the keyboard/computer/speakers.

Back
Top Bottom