Building your own PC?

I would stay away from those seagate hard drives, I heard they brick easily

as for the video card, spend an extra 50 dollars and get yourself an ati hd4830, the best bang for the buck and its much faster than that hd 4650

as for the motherboards, I am always a big fan of gigabyte motherboards, they always give me great overclocking results and I never had a problem with them
check out their p45 series

as for the power supply, you don't need that many watts.
get yourself a 500 watt 80+ certified power supply, and it will out perform many 650 watt power supplies out there

but hey if you are going to build a new rig, why not just get an amd phenom II X4
They are basically as good as core 2 quads and are much cheaper and amd motherboards are cheaper as well
they come with good heatsinks unlike intel and they overclock very nicely

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

Still need a CPU Cooler also. The Intel Cooler ISN'T that bad, but i'd still go for aftermarket.
try XIGMATEK that's the cooler i have. my temps on idle hover on 24c and on full load 29c, but if you get a XIGMATEK cooler you have to buythe mounting bracket separate push pins suck. tuniq has some nice coolers as well

just built this pc last month, personally i value looks/cable management and pc noise over raw performance. wish i had the money to have both

2lna5ck.jpg

IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/28vaw6p.jpg[/IMG]

vwtmzb.jpg

wccym9.jpg

specs:
lian li armorsuit pc-p60
intel quad q9400
asus p5q3 mb running 2gb ddr3
asus 4850 soon to be crossfired
corsair 520hx
thermalright extreme cooler

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz

• RAM: 8 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max)

• Hard Drive: 1 TB

• Optical Drive: DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM

• Networking: Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000, 802.11b/g

• Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

• Integrated Features: TV Tuner, Blu Ray

• OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition with SP1
$800? good deal ?
Dude told me $700 shipped. Thoughts?

^i would say nay...for 700 shipped you can get a better cpu than a q9300
its not a bad deal at all but personally i wouldnt mess with a q9300 and that 7 or 7.5 multi
sick.gif

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz

• RAM: 8 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max)

• Hard Drive: 1 TB

• Optical Drive: DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM

• Networking: Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000, 802.11b/g

• Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

• Integrated Features: TV Tuner, Blu Ray

• OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition with SP1
$800? good deal ?
Dude told me $700 shipped. Thoughts?
Do you live near a microcenter? You could probably go and save on shipping and what not.

thats a clean set up makethan, what kind of motherboard is that. the layout of the sata ports are nice

thanks sole vintage, its the asus p5q3 motherboard, i got it for about 150

if u want ill post pics behind my motherboard, i pretty much routed all my cables from the back similar to you

Originally Posted by makethanhupyours

thanks sole vintage, its the asus p5q3 motherboard, i got it for about 150

if u want ill post pics behind my motherboard, i pretty much routed all my cables from the back similar to you
yup post them up.

anyone have any tips on building a computer that can handle running several resource heavy programs at one time...need something with serious graphics that canrunning 2+ screens...going to be using it mostly for work and recreational...not completely comp illiterate but need some direction in where to head with mynew comp

i pretty much OD on tiewraps and eletrical tape

10ehr1i.jpg

im thinking about picking up an asus xonar sound card or creative fitality
anybody got experience with either?

I'm using the xonar d2 via analog. S/PDIF output is digital. Any soundcard that outputs in S/PDIF will send out the same 1s and 0s. So even a $20 dollarsoundcard with S/PDIF will sound the same as a $200 dollar card

i need to build my gaming system asap but too lazy and i normaly spend the funds on something else
smh.gif
at having to many hobbies

anyone here planning on getting diablo 3

I am more excited about this game more than any other game coming this year

including sfiv, killzone, gh metallica, COD6

I built this for about $1,000 not including the monitor. It's kinda funny though, because the only thing I really play on it is Star Craft.
laugh.gif
But whenStar Craft II comes out, it's ON!! I might download Street Fighter IV just to see how it runs though. I already copped it for PS3, so no worries aboutpirating
wink.gif
Here she is... Has a window on this side with blue led's(no rice) but you cant really see much because of an arm that goes accross the frontof the windows that has a fan attached to cool off the GPU. Here's what the other side of the case looks like:

This case is hot because it opens from both sides, so when you open it to add on or whatever you need to do, the motherboard lays flat so it's easier towork on.
s3hwn5.jpg

Specs:

Case/Power Supply:
RAIDMAX SMILODONATX-612WB530P

Motherboard:
ASUS P5Q Pro

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPUCooling Fan/Heatsink

GPU:
ASUS EN9800GTULTIMATE

RAM:
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-PinDDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

Hard Drive:
Western Digital Caviar SE16WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

DVD(Blu-Ray later on):
SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVDBurner

11hxz4k.jpg
ayxds.jpg

^ nice stuff, what type of speakers do you have. i wanna hook up my ps3 to a pc monitor but i need a speaker system that takes optical

Back
Top Bottom