Bulls offseason Thread

Saw this mentioned in the off season thread earlier today and it got glanced over, I'm curious to see what you guys think about it.

jesus

I'm wondering who those starters were :nerd:

I doubt it was Jo because he seems to really like Thibs, MDJ is a free agent so I doubt it was him as well. Leaves me to believe it was Rose, Butler, and Pau :nerd:

I doubt it was Jo because he seems to really like Thibs, MDJ is a free agent so I doubt it was him as well. Leaves me to believe it was Rose, Butler, and Pau :nerd:
that's my guess also....rose did speak of thibs in the past tense RIGHT after the loss

& this blurb about the person seeing fo & thibs ignore each other going into the Gasol meeting but acting like a unified front in the office im positive Pau saw thru that bs but thought it could be fixed with winning

Last edited:

that's my guess also....rose did speak of thibs in the past tense RIGHT after the loss

& this blurb about the person seeing fo & thibs ignore each other going into the Gasol meeting but acting like a unified front in the office im positive Pau saw thru that bs but thought it could be fixed with winning

Why do I feel like our organization as whole is in shambles right now :smh:

I think they're putting all their marbles in the Hoiberg basket, I really hope this turns out well.

Wade's contract is up for grabs. Should Chicago get it?

Why do I feel like our organization as whole is in shambles right now :smh:

I think they're putting all their marbles in the Hoiberg basket, I really hope this turns out well.

from the fo's outlook he will be perfect regardless of how much he underperforms .. but at this point im done downing him before he shoots his shot...we have no choice but to accept it & hope it pan's out for the best

Just saw this:

Wade and the Heat are unable to come to an agreement so far on his contract situation. Wade is considering opting out and could look to come home to Chicago according to Yahoo Sports.

Last edited:
Wade would be a nice pickup if for cheap. I also want a long wingman who can play the 3/4 and guard both positions well. Shooting would be nice but optional. And a physical 5 as a backup cuz every big we have is pretty fragile.

Not really sure what to think of the Bulls right now.

Part of me looks at Golden State with Kerr and his all-star cast of assistants and it makes me optimistic that someone like Hoiberg or Gentry can come in and do the same exact thing. Maybe not with as much success, but you get the point.

Then I look at the roster and really the only guy who performs consistently is Butler. Rose is a HUGE unknown especially with his health risks. Noah was so bad this year and it looks like his knee is shot. Gasol is 35 and while he had an amazing year, he is still deficient on defense and his post game declined down the stretch. Kirk/Nazr don't deserve to be on the roster. Mirotic flamed out in the playoffs.

The team won 50 games this year, which is a hell of a surprise not because of our injuries, but because this team was a complete 180 from the previous teams in Thibs' era. The teams played smart, fundamental basketball working hard and outhustling their opponents. This years' team was entitled, lacked consistent effort, and made stupid mistakes that were uncharacteristic in comparison to past years.

I'm optimistic that a coaching change can revitalize the Bulls, but I'm not stupid enough to believe this can ultimately backfire and cause a house cleaning of not only management but players.

It will take more than a coaching change. This team needs to get more athletic. Rose and Jimmy are the only really athletic players.

I think the key is just getting more athletes at each position, from a defensive standpoint.

Bulls took a nice step this yr by bringing in more shooters. ej. Doug, Mirotic, Pau, Dunleavy, but none of them are athletic defenders

If Snell can get up to speed and we pick up one morel one, athletic guy, then we can do Rose, Jimmy, Snell, (insert long athletic guy here) and rotate Noah or Pau or Taj and play some nice small ball

Kinda jealous watching the Warriors. They have so many interchangeable pieces so they have that active, roaming offense with lots of switching because a lot of their guys can guard positions 1-3

It will take more than a coaching change. This team needs to get more athletic. Rose and Jimmy are the only really athletic players.

I think the key is just getting more athletes at each position, from a defensive standpoint.

Bulls took a nice step this yr by bringing in more shooters. ej. Doug, Mirotic, Pau, Dunleavy, but none of them are athletic defenders

If Snell can get up to speed and we pick up one morel one, athletic guy, then we can do Rose, Jimmy, Snell, (insert long athletic guy here) and rotate Noah or Pau or Taj and play some nice small ball

Kinda jealous watching the Warriors. They have so many interchangeable pieces so they have that active, roaming offense with lots of switching because a lot of their guys can guard positions 1-3

Agree w/you in terms of athleticism. The team has consistently ranked in the lower portion of pace rankings in Thibodeau's tenure. We need more athletic guys to keep up in today's NBA. Heard we like Gerald Green and will target him in the summer - I would definitely like that signing if it were to happen.

I like Green. Totally fits the bill of what I'm thinking about. And he can shoot. This is the direction I'd like to see us go in.

Just wish Green would have a bit more of an IQ on him, but beggars can't be choosers.

If Snell can flourish under the new coach and we draft one athletic wing or big... and then find a way to mix in our non-athletic shooters in the lineup.. That'll be great.

Things will be a lot easier if Snell can just pan out. He started out disappointing this season, then he showed promise, and then Thibs buried him on the bench in the playoffs.. That up and down was disappointing.

Last edited:
Now that Gar/Pax made theyre move, the next step is trades and salary dumps.
Can't really say it's a good/bad move but it was a necessary move....let's hope we can regroup and rebuild on the fly.

P.S.
Hell no to Wade!!!

I like Gerald Green.
Athleticsm is something the Bulls was never known for and we need that in tr up coming season. Badly.

Someone told me it was Jimmy/Pau/Noah who shared their displeasure with Thibs.

I believe Jo to be the main culprit as well.

Neither here nor there now. Idk how to feel about the future

Very curious who the three were to trash Thibs on the way out.

FO has so much faith in Hoiberg, hope he works out. Regardless this needs to be their last coach. Im sick of them the most. If its true that Teague/Green draft debate then its sad. Not saying i thought Draymond was going to be this good, but i think we all saw Teague wasnt going to be much even in college.

Time to let Taj go. Wade wants more money from MIA, no way hes coming here for less as they can offer more.

We cant compare our coaching change to GSW's their roster is deeper and better IMO. I think we're entering that range where we arent good enough to win it all or get to the finals but we arent bad enough to get a high pick. Worst spot to be in :smh:

Someone told me it was Jimmy/Pau/Noah who shared their displeasure with Thibs.

I believe Jo to be the main culprit as well.

Neither here nor there now. Idk how to feel about the future

Was reading on RealGM about the possibility of one of those players being Rose. The poster talked about when Rose torn his ACL and he was medically cleared and how he was vehemently defended by the fans and media outlets at the beginning of the debacle. Guess who was one of the first to criticize Rose on not returning on time? Thibs' BFF, Jeff Van Gundy. And we all know Thibs' mouthpiece is JVG - you'd be lying to yourself if you thought otherwise. JVG airing out their dirty laundry this year made me believe that. And think about the Woj piece following Game 3 vs. the Cavs - Thibs was definitely leaking out his displeasures to the media.

It wouldn't surprise me considering Thibs' style - and from what I remember there were times Thibs was irritated by the Rose situation, albeit that could be because of the media and not Derrick. Then again, I don't take this tidbit seriously because of the source. Bernstein is a hack and has an anti-Rose agenda. Not that I'm a Rose fan by any means, but this guy goes out of his way to smear him every single time.

Make sense because Rose never spend the Summer in Chicago to practice. He's always in LA practicing.

Hoiberg, seems to be a free flowing guy.

Rose was practicing in LA before Thibs got here. LA is just his scene. He likes the warm weather and the laid back feel. If he wasn't playing in Chicago, I could see him in LA.

I lost respect for the bulls I hate to say that as a diehard fan. The players have become soft and a coaching change wont change that, If I had to guess the 3 complaining were id say Noah who flourished under thibs, soft pau who didnt even play when needed and Dunleavy. The team overall quit and I just cant respect that.

Bulls management is in dream world, you want to part ways with Thibs ok but dont compare this situation in any way to Kerr in Golden State you have Ron adams who a defensive guru which we all know, and you have Gentry we know what he brings for offense in PHX also roster in GSW is more complete. Id been more than fine if management was replaced as well they undermined a coach and players whenever they get a chance they have much blame in the problems as well.

Last Reinsdorf just give it up and let your son run the team someone who actually cares about basketball. The statement he made towards thibs guess what players and staff see that stuff. This why no one goes out there way to be with the bulls smh you just reminded the sports world of how you run things jordan era, phil, thibs .....

Dunleavy been a coaches son and playing under coach K I don't think it was him, he ant built that way. I have no doubt one of the players was noah he was done with thibs you could tell this season only with some of the looks on his face.

I don't mind if you say thibs time is done here and we need a change and what not, you don't need to **** on the man on his way out the door.  

I lost respect for the bulls I hate to say that as a diehard fan. The players have become soft and a coaching change wont change that, If I had to guess the 3 complaining were id say Noah who flourished under thibs, soft pau who didnt even play when needed and Dunleavy. The team overall quit and I just cant respect that.

Bulls management is in dream world, you want to part ways with Thibs ok but dont compare this situation in any way to Kerr in Golden State you have Ron adams who a defensive guru which we all know, and you have Gentry we know what he brings for offense in PHX also roster in GSW is more complete. Id been more than fine if management was replaced as well they undermined a coach and players whenever they get a chance they have much blame in the problems as well.

Last Reinsdorf just give it up and let your son run the team someone who actually cares about basketball. The statement he made towards thibs guess what players and staff see that stuff. This why no one goes out there way to be with the bulls smh you just reminded the sports world of how you run things jordan era, phil, thibs .....

If they became soft and quit wouldn't that be the biggest indictment for a coach? Thibs is stubborn to the highest degree. He did not evolve at all during his tenure with the Bulls. The best coaches evolve with the game, like Popovich, Carlisle, etc.

I'm not denying they undermined Thibs - but the media portrays this as one sided. Nobody mentions running his players to the ground coming back from injury, playing his veterans like Kirk, Bogans, Noah etc. entitlement minutes, stupid coaching decisions and unwillingness to evolve. The coaching staff wanted to give Thibs an offensive coordinator and he turned that down. The players didn't go up to bat for him after Game 6. And I don't get the whining about the comparison with Golden State, I don't see why the Bulls can't bring in top level assistants unless you're dumb enough to believe management is cheap BS that has circulated for years and dispelled constantly.

If they became soft and quit wouldn't that be the biggest indictment for a coach? Thibs is stubborn to the highest degree. He did not evolve at all during his tenure with the Bulls. The best coaches evolve with the game, like Popovich, Carlisle, etc.

I'm not denying they undermined Thibs - but the media portrays this as one sided. Nobody mentions running his players to the ground coming back from injury, playing his veterans like Kirk, Bogans, Noah etc. entitlement minutes, stupid coaching decisions and unwillingness to evolve. The coaching staff wanted to give Thibs an offensive coordinator and he turned that down. The players didn't go up to bat for him after Game 6. And I don't get the whining about the comparison with Golden State, I don't see why the Bulls can't bring in top level assistants unless you're dumb enough to believe management is cheap BS that has circulated for years and dispelled constantly.

um no you wanna base offense problems fine but players going soft.... that inside you. Im not even sure how you can put toughness on thibs he cant give you the heart and soul to do what you should be doing. There Grown Men, look at taj he said if you wanna be pushed if you wanna be great you love thibs. Ex bull oakley also called us out for being a bunch of cry babies and soft and I cant disagree. I feel hype got to folks head and effort went out im not putting that on thibs.

and not sure if youre serious about the second part here all the media does is talk about thibs and the minutes are you living under a rock? Way more is put out there about those minutes and injury even though you look around the league its not so uncommon but because of injuries it blown to hell (rose is injury prone even on light minutes). The rumor on the assistant coach was doug collins cant confirm this but if true as a head coach you cant have someone of that caliber as your assistant coach, fans might not get that but that situation would have blew up quickly once again if true. And as far as golden state i stand by it they went and got two proven assistants that are great at what they do, why would anyone want to join the bulls exactly. You may like thibs may not like him idk but he is respected around the league coaches see how he was treated and statements made...... ill wait for that long list of ppl who wanna sign up to be apart of gar/pax and reinsdorf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom