Bulls offseason Thread

Yeah but you guys would've been mad as hell if MDJ signed with the Cavs tho
mean.gif

Good move on our part.

We still have money to go after some bargain deals, and there's still a possibility we might make some trades. Let's not overreact Day 1 of free agency.

Glad Jimmy is back too
smokin.gif
Exactly dudes would be having a fit if Dun went to the Cavs. Hopefully Gar/Pax gets Stuckey or Lin and we'll be set to take on Cleveland. 
smokin.gif

MDJ did us a solid with his deal. Glad that Jimmy did the 5 year deal

Kinda scary how much we will be relying on Doug and Snell next year

MDJ did us a solid with his deal. Glad that Jimmy did the 5 year deal

Kinda scary how much we will be relying on Doug and Snell next year

I'm all for it. Let these guys play. They're the last 2 1st round picks. Gotta see what they got while they're still on rookie deals especially when there's no cap room to go sign others.

I'm all for it. Let these guys play. They're the last 2 1st round picks. Gotta see what they got while they're still on rookie deals especially when there's no cap room to go sign others.
Yep MCD and Snell gotta play eventually. Hopefully they perform well. 

man that Jimmy signing was one of the best bday gifts a bull fan could ask for.........

hopefully indy doesn't get monta.... hes a nightmare & id rather keep him to once or twice a yr not 4-5 times

EDIT

how the **** did the bucks get Monroe god dammit

Last edited:
Damn. Like I said in the NBA thread, if the Bucks acquire some more shooting now.. Because right now, that is their weakness

*look of disgust

Last edited:
Our division will be the toughest in the NBA. Bulls bucks cavs and pacers just gotta stay healthy to make the playoffs. No telling what Detroit does.

Our division will be the toughest in the NBA. Bulls bucks cavs and pacers just gotta stay healthy to make the playoffs. No telling what Detroit does.

that's the problem I actually trust what SVG is doing in DET...they will come out ready to play with whoever they have too

& I doubt they will just lose Monroe & not replace him with someone

Bulls
Bucks
Cavs
Pacers (maybe not if west bounces)
Heat
Hawks
Boston
Wizards
Raptors

Edit: pardon me I forgot the raptors

In no particular order

I can see skiles pushing a 8th seed just as well as det. I could also see the Hornets.

Last edited:
This question probably makes more sense if thibs is still coach, but if we could get asik back for the low would you do it? A backup defensive big to spell Noah?

Yeah but you guys would've been mad as hell if MDJ signed with the Cavs tho
mean.gif

Good move on our part.

We still have money to go after some bargain deals, and there's still a possibility we might make some trades. Let's not overreact Day 1 of free agency.

Glad Jimmy is back too
smokin.gif
nope not I, its not about the money for MDJ or who he was going to sign with, if the front office and the new coaching staff has big plans for snell and doug then MDJ shouldn't/wont have a major role for next year and the year after. I was hoping they would go after a younger wing who could guard the 2-3 spot and help bulter out.

im happy we got portis in the draft but look at the upgrades in the east so far the bulls have to had more scoring and get more athletic in the back court this offseason.

"staying put" is not putting us over the top

nope not I, its not about the money for MDJ or who he was going to sign with, if the front office and the new coaching staff has big plans for snell and doug then MDJ shouldn't/wont have a major role for next year and the year after. I was hoping they would go after a younger wing who could guard the 2-3 spot and help bulter out.

im happy we got portis in the draft but look at the upgrades in the east so far the bulls have to had more scoring and get more athletic in the back court this offseason.

"staying put" is not putting us over the top
Not sure if serious. Snell can become the defensive player Jimmy is and so can Doug. The offensive game is there. All they need is some consistent playing time and they will be good. We have all of that sitting right there on the team. Not sure why we would go and spend unnecessary money on another player just to say that we went out shopping.

I really wanted Wes Matthews, but that was never gonna happen. With the way scrub players are getting paid, we are signing a bum with our MLE slot.

Bulls are banking on the team being healthy and the maturation of Doug, Tony, and Jimmy.

I didn't want Wes because I'd assume he'd be the starting SG, which will slide Jimmy to SF. That completely negates one of Jimmy's strengths (his size and ability to hammer smaller guards) and that seems inefficient to me.

I'd actually want Jimmy to play 3. We'd get a little more mobile, a little more quick that way. MDJ would be able to be moved to the bench, etc. Theoretically Wes would help offset the shooting we'd lose in the starting lineup with MDJ going to the bench. It's all a moot point, anyway, obviously, with Wes signing with someone else.

I didn't want Wes because I'd assume he'd be the starting SG, which will slide Jimmy to SF. That completely negates one of Jimmy's strengths (his size and ability to hammer smaller guards) and that seems inefficient to me.

Which is his Natural Position

Which is his Natural Position
The SG/SF positions are very similar and inter-changable positions. Jimmy as well as Snell have the ability to play and defend both positions. On the offense end, I think he works best as a SG because of his ability to bully similar defenders. On the defensive end, I think he defends SFs better than SGs because with some SGs like  Bradley Beal and their ability to navigate off screens and get off their shot quickly tends to give Jimmy trouble at times. 

I really like Clarkson. But I really doubt Lakers would put him on the table.

Lin and Hill are more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom