Buying first car and have 30k to spend...options?

Another thing is that I unfortunately don't have my own garage, so this baby will be parked on the street. My poor civic got nicked up every which way being parked on the street. Whatever car I get will need to be bandaged up with guards every time I get home. That or I get a place with a garage smh.

You know what i'm actually considering getting a german, I actually drove my fathers civic for the past 2 years and want to experience the "german quality" that most people rave about. I am willing to pay for the maintenance costs, but any NTer's have an idea as to how much these costs will run me annually?

I'm not interested in any hemi powered american muscle cars, i'm sure they're fast and all but theyre just not my style. I kind of want a sleek yet powerful vehicle, on that grown man steez. the new CTS's are nice but not in my price range.

I'm debating between the A4, A5, 335i, e350, or maybe the g37s. All with 20-30k on the dash
:lol:

Question ...

Since everybody cops used BMW's and Audi and Acuras...

Who's buying all the impalas and camrys and buicks?

Get a 2012 Toyota Camry. Drop like 20-23. Pocket the rest. Unless you're ready to pay the hefty maintenance costs, I wouldn't recommend a luxury car as your first. but if you can, go ahead and do your thang pleighboy.
You know what i'm actually considering getting a german, I actually drove my fathers civic for the past 2 years and want to experience the "german quality" that most people rave about. I am willing to pay for the maintenance costs, but any NTer's have an idea as to how much these costs will run me annually?

I'm not interested in any hemi powered american muscle cars, i'm sure they're fast and all but theyre just not my style. I kind of want a sleek yet powerful vehicle, on that grown man steez. the new CTS's are nice but not in my price range.

I'm debating between the A4, A5, 335i, e350, or maybe the g37s. All with 20-30k on the dash
at the benz dealership I work at, we usually recommend that you bring your car in once a year or 10K miles, whichever comes first. I've seen routine service go at a minimum of $500 each visit. 

If you're gonna get a used German car, just make sure it was maintained regularly and low miles. Because the cost of fixing foreign cars is 
sick.gif

Edit:

I definitely wouldn't cop any of those cars without a garage though lol. Just depends on where you live I suppose

Last edited:
Depends on what you want OP.

Something sporty with decent mpgs, FRS, BRZ, or Genesis.

But if you want something balls out, then get a used SRT Charger or Chally.

Buy a nice Camry like dude said.

If you can afford the maintenance of a used foreign luxury car you can afford more than a 30K car.

Last edited:
Just searched for a new car in this price range.  Here's the one's I considered:

Volkswagen GTI

Subaru BRZ

Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Subaru WRX

If you want something fun to drive, go for GTI or BRZ.  If you want something with a bit more power, go with WRX or Genesis.  WRX is AWD if you live in a place with a lot of snow/rain.  Genesis and BRZ have the looks, while GTI has the best interior. Personally, I really like the GTI.   The only thing is there is a brand new GTI coming out later this year/next year based on the new platform.

Just searched for a new car in this price range.  Here's the one's I considered:

Volkswagen GTI
Subaru BRZ
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Subaru WRX

If you want something fun to drive, go for GTI or BRZ.  If you want something with a bit more power, go with WRX or Genesis.  WRX is AWD if you live in a place with a lot of snow/rain.  Genesis and BRZ have the looks, while GTI has the best interior. Personally, I really like the GTI.   The only thing is there is a brand new GTI coming out later this year/next year based on the new platform.

he said wanted something german luxury and power

2010 535i can be had for 30k at 25k miles if you look around OP

Last edited:
You buying straight out or financing?

American muscle and german cars might leave u upside down by time your loan is over.

The car will not be financed, I will buy it straight up. And as for spending over 30k on a car, I certainly can, but I'm keeping ~10k for any issues that may occur down the line. I'd like to keep my total car budget under 40k for the lifespan of the car a couple years down the road. 

The car will not be financed, I will buy it straight up. And as for spending over 30k on a car, I certainly can, but I'm keeping ~10k for any issues that may occur down the line. I'd like to keep my total car budget under 40k for the lifespan of the car a couple years down the road. 

you can do WORK.

why not just finance with like 0-1.9% apr or even just lease an have a craigslist whip on the side.

i dunno i dont see a point in droppin all that in cash for a car

well yea id def get a spot with a nice parkin area/garage first though before you get a nice car

Scoop a G35/37, man. Most bang for your buck in that price range

AWD, 300+hp, great interior with serious standard options (which is all that matters, seeing as that's where you're gonna be spending most of your time)

The maintenance isn't as back bending as the Germans either.

infinitiiplgcoupe---23opt.jpg

2013-infiniti-g37-sedan-4-door-journey-rwd-open-doors_100406361_m.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom