Buying first car and have 30k to spend...options?

Not sure about reliability, but you cant go wrong with da Audi A4. :smokin

maintaince will kill you..

WHY do ppl serious ask car questions on NT...this is the worse place for that kind of advice.... in short ill break it down to you

1.... never buy new if you plan to mod the car
2. pick a car based on your DRIVING STYLE
3. 30k i s alot of money so that means once you buy this car you will not be car shopping for a while unless u have money to blow which i doubt cause you would have bought the 2013 audi S4 without asking NT.
4. how many passenger do you plan on carrying????

IMO
1. if your single or just got a gf no KIDS.... ENJOY A COUPE WHILE YOU STILL CAN... YOLO
2. grab a g37, 370z, 2010 STi, Audi A5, BMW m3 (2003-2009), or hell you can even get a newer corvette for around 20 grand and it will blow the doors off a lot of cars.....

What do you mean by this? They drink a lot of oil?

It means the engine uses a quart or more of oil, every "x" amount of miles. This usually results in early engine failure. If this failure occurs outside of warranty, which a 2010 will be, in the next year or so.. Will be an expensive fix to say the least.

370z and don't look back. Or if you want that luxury feel, just get the luxury version of it with the G37

maintaince will kill you..

WHY do ppl serious ask car questions on NT...this is the worse place for that kind of advice.... in short ill break it down to you

1.... never buy new if you plan to mod the car
2. pick a car based on your DRIVING STYLE
3. 30k i s alot of money so that means once you buy this car you will not be car shopping for a while unless u have money to blow which i doubt cause you would have bought the 2013 audi S4 without asking NT.
4. how many passenger do you plan on carrying????

IMO
1. if your single or just got a gf no KIDS.... ENJOY A COUPE WHILE YOU STILL CAN... YOLO
2. grab a g37, 370z, 2010 STi, Audi A5, BMW m3 (2003-2009), or hell you can even get a newer corvette for around 20 grand and it will blow the doors off a lot of cars.....

All of this. good advice.

370z and don't look back. Or if you want that luxury feel, just get the luxury version of it with the G37

How rough is the ride on the newer 350 and 370z's? I just got out of an 03 350z, but it was more than I could handle, living in the district. Road noise was pretty bad too. Was this aspect improved at all on newer models?

Hey...isn't OP the dude that made an account just to ether ninjahood in the evoque thread? 
roll.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mivish06  

Almost everything ninjahood says is fueled by low-key jealousy and hate for the next man obviously living better than him. And this is coming from a dude who lives in Queens and understands the irrefutable benefits of having a car compared to relying only on public transportation as I had to throughout my years in high school. Criticizing the OP's brand new range rover by calling it a females car and trying to imply that relying on public transit is somehow superior to his hard earned evoque is just unfortunate and character defining. Ninjahood's demeaning life and null impact on society beyond a message board is why he's like that, don't take it personally OP. 

How rough is the ride on the newer 350 and 370z's? I just got out of an 03 350z, but it was more than I could handle, living in the district. Road noise was pretty bad too. Was this aspect improved at all on newer models?
I drove an 04 350z and it was pretty smooth. Granted, it won't have the refinement of a luxury car but what can you expect from a pure performance vehicle you know. I know Stillin has a 370z, he might be your best bet to answer this question.

I'm just trying to get this degree so I can grab one as soon as I graduate 
laugh.gif

Also, if you got 30k to spend, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get the 370. You can get a lightly used one for 25k

Thanks for all of your helpful input guys, much appreciated. I just wouldn't feel comfortable parking a new 370z or corvette on the street every single day, my paranoia will get the best of me. If you guys say that car costs for germans will be that expensive, I will consider an infiniti instead. The G37s seems like it will suit me quite well in terms of reliability, power and tech 

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your helpful input guys, much appreciated. I just wouldn't feel comfortable parking a new 370z or corvette on the street every single day, my paranoia will get the best of me. If you guys say that car costs for germans will be that expensive, I will consider an infiniti instead. The G37s seems like it will suit me quite well in terms of reliability, power and tech 
Great choice my dude. Can't go wrong with Infiniti's. Not too flashy, very reliable and decent maintenance costs. DO ya thang pleighboah

Get yourself decentely used VW and pocket the rest of the money. stash it, invest it, whatever. you said you wanted something german OP :lol:

You're all wrong.

Screw cars and buy a truck. Make sure it's a crew cab. Trucks are better than cars and that crew cab gives you the full back seat. Don't mess around with an extended cab or a supercab. No one likes being squished in a small back seat.

You're all wrong.

Screw cars and buy a truck. Make sure it's a crew cab. Trucks are better than cars and that crew cab gives you the full back seat. Don't mess around with an extended cab or a supercab. No one likes being squished in a small back seat.
Disregarding the fact that "better" is completely subjective, especially in a comparison between cars and trucks, don't you think he would have asked what trucks to buy if he actually wanted one?

You're all wrong.

you dont live anywhere near the city do you? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom