::CAL FOOTBALL THREAD::vs USC, Sat 11/10 5PM ABC

Congrads. If things hold up yall should be number 1. I hope we (usc) can even make it to play you guys....
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

^ don't worry...that'll be a great game no matter what happens before it. It looks like there are no longer any free-walks in the Pac-10.
Team49ers/CalBears
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Holy crap :wow:
eek.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

We can't get ahead of ourselves, we have a tough schedule and we may lose a game
SoHi 23

Quote:
We can't get ahead of ourselves, we have a tough schedule and we may lose a game
But As The Scenery Grows I See In Different Lights
The Shades And Shadows Undulate In My Perception
My Feelings Swell And Stretch I See From Greater Heights
I Realize What I Am Now Too Smart To Mention To You​

Yeah, we ain't lookin ahead. But it's def amazing that we're #2 since we've never been able to say that. We can't let down and let an underdog beat us, word to USC. And the games against USC and ASU will be tough, as well as UCLA possibly.

just came back from work and was just absolutely shocked usc lost to standford. i turned on sportscenter looking for the results to the florida/lsu game. i was hoping florida would come through. and grab that #1 spot. chea.
Team49ers
If that's what's crackin or we can play this on All-Madden​

Hahaha my jaw dropped when I saw the score to the Stanford USC game. Yikes...And if Cal does obtain that #2 spot...Wow. Simply wow. They need to retain that spot by playing better defense.
Team49ers
It has begun.​

We need to take care of business today....Bernard as had some big games against us in past years
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Longshore is a @#%$ for not getting healthy during the bye week.

P.S. Didn't know Cal was public enemy #1 around here. Ya'll trying too hard to impress that attention-hungry doofus.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I am so @#%$ disappointed, the defense is a joke.

At least the Rose Bowl is still within reach.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I'm pissed, but not like when Cal loss to Arizona last year. They weren't exposed (from what I saw they beat themselves), almost came back, and didn't have the starting QB in (but no excuses) I knew after the team went to 2 there would be a lot more pressure on the players, but I was hoping they would overcome it.

I'm glad Longshore gets to rest before the final stretch because I would much rather have them win a big bowl game with 1 loss then go to a bowl undefeated and get exposed. Plus, now the USC v CAL game is back up in significance level.

At the end of the day, based on what I've seen today....anybody can beat anybody....And OSU is #1 even though they haven't beat anybody.
But As The Scenery Grows I See In Different Lights
The Shades And Shadows Undulate In My Perception
My Feelings Swell And Stretch I See From Greater Heights
I Realize What I Am Now Too Smart To Mention To You​

But what if Cal wins the rest of the way...They still won't have a chance to regain #2?
Team49ers
It has begun.​

I hit my daily limit during the game...so here are my thoughts

We didn't deserve to win, we just had too many turnovers. Jahvid's fumble, Forsett's fumble, the INT, etc. you can't expect to win a game by doing that. And Riley has to find a way to get DeSean the ball. If he's not a factor we're clearly not as good of a team. But for the most part we shot ourselves in the foot, and couldn't stop Bernard.

Riley doesn't deserve all the blame, he played well. Outside of 1-2 plays, he was GREAT and Cal's future is intact. As a redshirt freshman, it's hard to go out there and ON YOUR FIRST START being in a position to come from behind and lead your team to victory, and he did a damn good job. You can't blame him for the loss even though that last play was boneheaded fasho...

Is this loss disappointing? Hell to the yeah. But honestly, I'm still optimistic. A bunch of other teams have lost already and we're still in the driver's seat for a Rose Bowl which is our season's goal. I think we still got a great shot if we can run the table, and who knows, we could be at #2 again at the end of the year and given the fact there's no real clear-cut team that's #1 right now anything can still happen. We just lost the chance to really control our own destiny and we could still be screwed by the BC$

We blew a huge opportunity but this doesn't end our season. I expect us to drop to the 7-10 range (any further more would be robbery since USC didn't drop that far when they lost to Stanford).

expect to be number 2 and to lose to usc before the year's over. ok bye.
Team DJ Bana Fan Club​
ano, sumimasen. anata wa totemo kirei desu ne.​

:lol:
laugh.gif
i highly doubt we'll be number 2 again and IF we do it would be after we beat USC :wink:
wink.gif

and :rofl:
roll.gif

Quote:
But what if Cal wins the rest of the way...They still won't have a chance to regain #2?
ing next week however only two of them are on the road (PSU and UM).

Oklahoma will make it easily into the NC because their two toughest games left are OkSt. and TTU to end the season.

WVU has Rutgers, Cincy, and Louisville in 3 straight weeks. Hopefully one of them can knock off the Mountaineers.

South Carolina hasn't played Tennessee, Florida, or Clemson yet.

Then there's Oregon and USC...

Possible? Yes. But I feel like the voters will punish Cal way more than they did USC.

Quote:
Possible? Yes. But I feel like the voters will punish Cal way more than they did USC.

Back
Top Bottom